Attire & Accessories Forum

Summer Wedding Guest Dress

LulawifeLulawife member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited April 2017 in Attire & Accessories Forum
Edited because I attached the picture first without text :/

Just looking for opinions on this dress, do you think it's too much for a summer wedding? The wedding is a Saturday evening in July and I know the bride is wearing a rather formal gown and the bridesmaids are wearing long black chiffon dresses but for some reason I still wonder if it's too much. I love the bright colors with the black though. It's a Rent the Runway dress and there are no reviews yet to indicate whether people wore it for summer events.

Thanks!!

Re: Summer Wedding Guest Dress

• I think it's gorgeous! You could dress it up with heels or wedges, or make it more casual with some cute gladiator sandals!
  • I love it! It looks perfect for a summer wedding.

If the wedding isn't until July though, I would wait. Maybe reviews will come in and/or you'll change your mind.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thank you both! I'll definitely be holding off on renting until closer to the wedding so hopefully I will see some real life reviews. My H and I have 5 weddings between June and September with a lot of the same crowd so I'm planning all my outfits well in advance!! 
  • Gorgeous! Very festive.
  • I think it'd be great. Super cute!
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That's a beautiful dress! I think it's very appropriate for a summer wedding (or anything summer- I really love it!).

I agree that you could make a little more casual, if that is what you are worried about, but wearing wedges or sandals. Pairing with some solid colour but larger/funkier jewelry (nothing huge, but I mean not a delicate chain or pearls) will also make it more casual. However, I don't think you need to make it more casual- it's a wedding- get spiffed up if that's what you like!
  • Love this dress! Definitely appropriate for a summer wedding!
  • I think that's pretty much the PERFECT dress for a Saturday evening wedding in July. 
  • Those earrings are GORGEOUS, @Lulawife!!!

• Those earrings are GORGEOUS, @Lulawife!!!

They are Rent the Runway also! I love that their stylists recommend accessories when you rent a dress. Takes the guesswork out of it for me. 
  • A nice choice for the summer!