Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Need Some Wording Advice

Ok, I know this is super specific, but I'm stuck.  We are having our wedding and reception at a rented lake house and I can't figure out how to word it on the invite.  The property owner rents it out for events fairly often and has given it the name "Sanderson's Cove" (but it's not an official name, like if you typed "Sanderson's Cove" into your GPS it wouldn't come up).  

So in the venue space on the invite should I say: "Sanderson's Cove" followed by the address? Or "Sander's Cove Event Venue" followed by the address? Or just the address?

Re: Need Some Wording Advice

• Options
    Ditto CMG's wording advice. You could also add an info insert with additional info that it's a residential property (possibly without a sign that says "Sanderson's Cove") and a map if it's tricky to find. That way people know they're looking for a beach house, not a resort or commercial property.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thank you both!
  • Options
    Are you having a wedding website? I put a link to the Google maps location of our venue there (as well as directions from the hotels because they were all near each other). You could also maybe post a photo of what the location looks like from the road, or some identifying feature guests may notice. I do directions by landmarks so I always assume that helps other people as well.
  • Options
    That's a great idea! I do have a website, although I am finding out no one is really looking at it lol 
  • Options

That's a great idea! I do have a website, although I am finding out no one is really looking at it lol 

I had the same issue! I sent an email to our families and then one to OOT friends saying something like "as you're setting up travel plans, we have hotel info & area info (whatever you have) on our website. here's the address."