Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

Taking a break from interview prep to Knot. How's your day so far? 

Interview at 1:45, then a work out, probably should do some actual work and grading. And I've been ignoring emails from a co-author (only since Friday) that I should follow up on. Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Tuesday!

• GL on your interview!

I'm SSDD here too.  Got a little busy yesterday at work, and couldn't knot very much . It's just a countdown to the weekend now.  Nothing going on then either - but it's the weekend :) 

• @charlotte989875, good luck on the interview!

I'm feeling a little "blah" today.  Just really tired because I've been having trouble sleeping.  I'm serious, the biggest thing I hate about working a typical office job is having to wake up at a certain time.  If only I could just sleep until I woke up, come in, and then work 8 hours from whatever time that is.  I would be a much happier, more energized, and motivated employee.

Other than that, not much going on today.  The highlight of my day is a local grocery store has a $5 Sushi special on Tuesdays.  I'll be swinging by to pick that up for lunch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does anyone want to come be my assistant for the next day or two because I have no time and need to get a bunch of shit done?  We're leaving Thursday morning for the funeral.   I really just want to take a nap rather than deal with shit.  I'm stalking the funeral home website to get the obit so I can give it to work.  

I've started lifting with DH a couple days a week.  I did bench last night and I am feeling it today.  Probably contributing to my tiredness. 

I have to take the kiddo shopping after work today for pants he'll probably wear once and never again, but he'll be picky about what we buy.  Also, the weather looks like it's going to be all over the map.  I see over-packing in my future.  ;) 
  • Morning!!!

Great long weekend and I'll get into it later because my day is likely going to be busy for a bit. {lots of appointments I have to get files set up for tomorrow}

@charlotte989875 vibes on your interview!

@short+sassy  $5 sushi should boost your day ;)

@mrsconn23  would love to help but also need an assistant for myself to get caught up lmao
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I have a bunch of shit to do, but no motivation.  The kids were out of control this morning.  I'm tired and hungry and cranky which means I'm probably PMSing
  • @charlotte989875, good luck on your interview!

I need to start working out again.  I'm doing a lot of walking, but I really would like to get back into strength training and running, but I seriously struggle with establishing a routine and sticking to it.  Also--hills.

Not much today.  The biggest crisis in my life at the moment is deciding on which book to use my Audible credit.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Hills are the worst @atomicblonde. I stopped running in NC and joined crossfit because of the hills. 
  • jh715jh715 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

My company is being audited next week (standard, routine safety audit) so I've got a ton of prep to do for that.  Toddler has been waking up at 5am, which is exactly when I wake up to workout, so my workouts have been happening after bedtime, which makes it harder for me to fall asleep.

Hills are awful, but I like the idea of training hills, as most of the lower distance fun runs I participate in don't have as many hills, so I feel stronger and faster running them.

• @mrsconn23 I'd do it.
    @charlotte989875 you got this girl! 
    @atomicblonde hills are the worst. But I hate excersizing in general.

I was having a great day until I got a text from MIL saying an attempt to deliver a Certified letter from the City of myHometown was made. She can't go pick it up, I obviously can't pick it up, and I have no idea who to contact to find out what it is about. I have a suspicion that my little brother never registered the jeep after I gave it to him and now I am being sued because he was in a hit and run or something. I tend to assume the worst though. *le sigh* I am just bothered by the whole thing.
  • edited April 2017
    sorry double post
  • @charlotte989875, good luck!

@mrsconn23, I don't work cheap, but I'm good. :)

Got estimate for the bumper damage this morning, so now I just need to get the work scheduled.  Finally stopped raining here, so I have no excuse to blow off my workout today.
  • @charlotte989875 good luck on your interview!!

Today I am putting the finishing touches on a deadline that goes out the door tomorrow, kicking off a new deadline, and conducting interview prep for a client presentation next Monday morning. And technically today is my Thursday since I am taking Thursday and Friday off. My company makes us take our birthdays off, but tomorrow I have to work and get two deadlines out the door (adulting to the max), so I am taking Thursday as my birthday holiday and Friday is a rollover vacation day. 

Yesterday evening I was talking to our neighbor, who is a plumber, about the new MA law regarding pulling permits to install a dishwasher, and he agreed that it's superfluous red tape - and he offered to install our dishwasher for us when we get it! Hooray!! I'm going to give him and his wife some homemade triple chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of wine as a thank-you, because that was really a sweet thing for him to offer. 

• My phone interview went well and I have an interview with another company Thursday. 

I'm going to go look at more houses tonight.

Just got back to work from taking Mouse to the doctor. His ears are all clear. H and I are hoping he doesn't inherit H's bad ears.

You know my big pet peeve with house hunting?  You can set all kinds of search parameters.  But I have YET to see a site where you can set search parameters, in regards to condition.

I realize "condition" is a subjective term.  But, unless I'm looking for a "fix 'n flip", if the condition is "poor"...I just don't want those houses needlessly cluttering my search.

Me (reading a house description):  "Oh, it's gutted?  No wonder it is such an amazing price for the area.  So glad I wasted my time clicking on that (sarcasm)."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so tired of local politics.  It's making me very cynical right now and I'm seeing conspiracy theories and monsters behind every corner.  I probably need a break, but there's not time for that.

SSDD really.
  • OKAY SO I CAN FINALLY POST!!!
    Crazy busy weekend, and I took off Friday and Monday.

Friday - did my makeup all neat, similar to the Unicorn Frapp from Starbucks {I posted on my instagram. I'll post here later :) so you can see}
    Met a friend at the mall. While it one store, M asks me to call him.
    The phone interview last week? Well he has at in person interview today :) Which is further than he's gotten with this. Exciting!

Afterwards we go to Sephora, and one of the workers stopped me to see my makeup. Once it was mentioned what my inspiration was, she had to bring me to show her coworkers :') Life goals lol

Didn't get home until pretty late, M had already gone to his buddy's. I relaxed a bit, then headed over there also. Stayed late because hockey. Ottawa vs Boston - double over time. Boston won.

Saturday - mostly tidying and watching netflix until about 4. My mum and I went to dinner then "The Comedy Strippers"
    It's a comedy improv. Like the show "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" but with shirts off and pretty sexual/raunchy. Hilarious though!

Sunday - beautiful out! M wanted to go to Cabela's to browse, and I ended up going too. We took a look at the vacuum sealers for food, and it's pricey! There was a guy with his kids, that suggested going to walmart for the cheaper one. He was likely buying the expensive one because they use theirs a lot and wanted to upgrade.
    After wandering more, we headed to walmart. M got runners {marked originally $35, on sale for $25 and rang up at $15!} Priced a few things also.

Got home. I took a nap because I had a headache, M went to do his tires.

Went to meet a friend and her bf to see their house being built. We ended up going for dinner, and watched another Ottawa vs Boston game - we won. They're out.

Monday - I pretty much woke up and left. I was feeling antsy and my mum and I were heading out early anyways.
    Went for breakfast at the scone witch - so good! Wandered the mall, had bagels with smoked salmon for lunch. I ended up buying shampoo and lotion at Lush {BIG shampoo and Charity Pot} but my mum bought me 3 bath bombs {because I couldn't decide}
    I bought her some skin care for mothers days. She chose it. I got a gift deal, so she got quite a few things. :)

M has been watching the new Bill Nye show, and the one ep on sexuality is really interesting. I didn't really understand the spectrum, but it's great explanation. Not entirely for kids - depending on age - but I would say it could explain to parents about how the spectrum is so they can explain to kids.

• M has been watching the new Bill Nye show, and the one ep on sexuality is really interesting. I didn't really understand the spectrum, but it's great explanation. Not entirely for kids - depending on age - but I would say it could explain to parents about how the spectrum is so they can explain to kids.

I've pretty much only seen kudos from everyone re: that episode, I need to watch it.

• VarunaTT said:

M has been watching the new Bill Nye show, and the one ep on sexuality is really interesting. I didn't really understand the spectrum, but it's great explanation. Not entirely for kids - depending on age - but I would say it could explain to parents about how the spectrum is so they can explain to kids.

I've pretty much only seen kudos from everyone re: that episode, I need to watch it.

It's really good! I haven't seen rest of the episode, but M knows I'm very much about understanding the spectrum so he wanted me to watch.

Let me know when you do! The ice cream cone orgy will make you laugh XD

• VarunaTT said:

It's really good! I haven't seen rest of the episode, but M knows I'm very much about understanding the spectrum so he wanted me to watch.

Let me know when you do! The ice cream cone orgy will make you laugh XD

I'm going to check it out.  I also have Sex at Dawn on my list to read, which is supposed to be an excellent book about human sexuality through history.  

Plus, this is a really, really good episode of the Cracked podcast with the authors of the book.  

• Phone interview done, I should hear something by the end of the week. I was nervous and rambled a bit, probably could have been more confident. 

Also phone interviews are hella awkward. 

I prefer them to Skype.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Why did I tell M to wait until I saw him after work to tell me about the interview? I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW even thought he's likely still in the interview

• Phone interview done, I should hear something by the end of the week. I was nervous and rambled a bit, probably could have been more confident. 

I prefer them to Skype.

I strongly prefer Skype, at least I can see how they're reacting. Although I did like that I could wear slippers 

I prefer them to Skype.

I strongly prefer Skype, at least I can see how they're reacting. Although I did like that I could wear slippers 

My mum hates Skype :') she had an interview via Skype and hated hit.
    "I've never felt so vain or narcissistic. I kept looking at myself"
  • edited April 2017

Phone interview done, I should hear something by the end of the week. I was nervous and rambled a bit, probably could have been more confident. 

Years ago, I was home when I had a phone interview for a grant-funded position I really wanted. Oliver (our oldest cat and an only cat at the time) meowed very loudly about five minutes into the interview. Fortunately the recruiter was a cat lover, and I got a second interview and a very nice rejection letter.
  • As promised! This is how my Unicorn Frapp makeup look turned out :) Hopefully this isn't huge!
    {sorry}

• That looks really cool! You look gorgeous!