Attire & Accessories Forum

Bra help! Small-chested bride

Hello all,

I purchased my lace A-line dress from David's Bridal a few months ago. It has a lace-up back, corset boning, and a straight strapless neckline. When I tried it on, the lady that helped me did not show me or recommend any bra options. Now that I have the dress, I am wondering what kind of "enhancement" options will work best. I just don't want to feel self-conscious (flat) on my wedding day!!!!!!!! I am very petite and small-chested (like, only 32A). The main problem: the cup area is loose. But I would like to avoid completely altering the top, since it might change the look of the dress and be way too costly. I have had cups sewn into bridesmaids dresses before, and although they help fill out the top, they do not "push me up" at all, so I'm looking for other options. I've also tried on a strapless push up bra that I already had, but it did not give me any extra boost - it just helped fill out the cup area. I LOVE the dress and how the rest of it fits!!! I really just need help finding a garment that will help give the look of larger cup size and create cleavage. That va-va-voom effect, you know?! Any ideas?? Suggestions??? 

Thanks everyone!
-JJWedding

Re: Bra help! Small-chested bride

• If you have a high end lingerie store where you live, I would recommend taking your dress to them and seeing if they have suggestions. From your photos, you don't look flat chested but you are the one who needs to be happy and comfortable on your wedding day.

You could also try a different strapless bra that is a push up. That should give you the volume.

• I think the dress looks lovely on you and you don't look flat chested at all. I agree with PP though to go to a specialty lingerie store if you aren't happy with the look. FWIW, I sometimes think the va-va-va-voom look is a little too much.
  • You can buy stickies that are silicone based and give a little extra cushion. You can also get cups sewn in and ask if they can add a little cushion to the cups.

Be careful about adding too much padding though...you still want to look like yourself on your wedding day. And in a strapless dress, I think it's pretty obvious when the enhancements are too much, it doesn't look real. 
    *********************************************************************************

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think you look great in your dress!

I agree with going to a higher end lingerie store with your dress and see what they have to recommend. Otherwise, I would go with a push up strapless bra.

When you put your dress on, make sure to lift the girls up before you tighten the laces.
  • Ditto PP's in that you look fantastic in your dress!!

Also agree a higher end lingerie store is a great option if you have one near by or the budget for it. I would also recommend the Victoria Secret bombshell push-up strapless. I'm fairly flat chested as well and it's worked wonders for me in the past. 

However, with any new purchase you may make I would definitely recommend taking it for a 'test run' if you will. Wear the new bra for a day, preferably a night out with some dancing and drinking lol, to really make sure it is going to work well for your wedding day. You don't want to try something new the day of and then find out it doesn't stay up like you want, or a wire pokes you, or anything else.

Good luck!