Wedding Invitations & Paper

Do my invites look okay?

I'm a bride on a budget, so I included RSVP information on the back of the invitation rather than on separate cards. I really liked this template, so I just went with it how it is, but I'm wondering if it looks too empty? Is the wording okay? My fiancee's dad paid for the venue, but pretty much all the rest is paid for by us, so I wasn't too sure what to say in the first line.

Re: Do my invites look okay?

• The first line is the "host line". Contrary to some internet commentary (Lauren Conrad, you are not an etiquette expert, please stop), it is not the "who paid for this shindig" line. It tells people who to ask if they have questions, who they should expect to welcome them, and who they can thank for the party. If that would be y'all, then use wording where the couple is hosting: 

Name
    and (spell it out)
    Name
    request the honor of your presence (if getting married in a church)
    request the pleasure of your company (if getting married anywhere else)
    at the celebration of their marriage
    Saturday the fourth of November (year is not necessary, obviously it's this year)
    at six o'clock (am/pm not necessary, obviously it's not at 6am)
    Venue Name
    Venue Address (spell out street/avenue/drive etc.)
    City, State (spell out the state)

I think your RSVP wording is ok, but "by call" seems awkward to me. I'd use "by phone".

I would also move your RSVP date back by 1 week at a minimum. RSVPs are usually asked for 2 weeks before the wedding. Five weeks is too far out. Four weeks is really the max. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm a bride on a budget, so I included RSVP information on the back of the invitation rather than on separate cards. I really liked this template, so I just went with it how it is, but I'm wondering if it looks too empty? Is the wording okay? My fiancee's dad paid for the venue, but pretty much all the rest is paid for by us, so I wasn't too sure what to say in the first line.

I agree with CMGr about "celebration of their marriage".  You should be inviting them to your Wedding.  Personally, I don't like inviting the idea of inviting people to my marriage either.  My Marriage is between me and my groom, it's everything that happens AFTER my wedding.  My Wedding is where we say the vows and get married, you can come to that.

• Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the suggestions, ladies! I think I got a solid idea of the wording I want/need now. Seriously, you're the best. :)
  • Agree with PPs on the wording. As a graphic designer, I do not have a problem with your ampersand - I say leave it in; it looks great!