Wedding Woes
Options

Help is Not Needed

I am taking over the Prudie duties in @mrsconn23's absence.  I warn I will not be as clever with the titles.

I recently tried to assist a disabled person getting out of an SUV onto a wheelchair. At the time, it seemed like she had trouble controlling the chair, and I rushed to help. She was brought to tears as she tried to get me to move away. But then she seemed like she was about to fall again while trying to sit in the chair. In retrospect, I think I might have overreacted. But, again, she insisted that I did not help her. I see that person more or less every day, and I am uncomfortable about the right thing. I don’t know if apologizing will make things worse. Is there anything to do to make this right or less awkward?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help is Not Needed

• Options
    Yeh. Next time ask instead of automatically doing it. Like jeez .... that's assuming.

{I have faith in the titles!}
  • Options
    You definitely did not do the right thing, you don't know more about her body and abilities than she does. 

• Options
    How do you see this person MOL every day and not know their abilities? You embarrassed her and made her feel disabled when she's probably worked very hard to get herself to the point she is. Just because she's in a wheelchair, doesn't make her incapable.