Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Cloth Polka Dot Napkins (to rent)

Hey All,

My theme for my wedding is black and white plus black and white polka dots. I thought it would look cute to use B&W Cloth Polka Dot napkins on the tables but I am finding it hard to actually find some to rent. I have came across every design type for a napkin but not B&W polka dots. lol They do have a lot of the paper cocktail napkins, which I will probably use as well. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site or have came across any B&W Cloth polka dot napkins to rent? Thank you! I appreciate any feedback & information! 

Re: Cloth Polka Dot Napkins (to rent)

• Options
    Usually linen rentals are local and this is an international board. You may have the best chance at getting these by googling local rental companies and making some phone calls.

If you can't get cloth polka dot napkins, you could alternate each seat (black, white, black, white) and then put your centerpiece flowers in a polka dot vase.

https://www.wayfair.com/IMAX-Polka-Dot-Vase-IMX9431.html
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1976942?cm_mmc=feeds-_-polyvore-_-desktop-_-us&utm_source=feeds&utm_medium=polyvore&utm_campaign=desktop&utm_content=us&sid=545604&aid=desktop&color=WHITE

*********************************************************************************

• Options
    corabeecorabee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Yes that is another thought! I also had the idea to use Polka Dot bags with the favors inside as a pop to. I would love napkins, so after my search I figured I would try here as a one last "try" on finding some.

The vase is a great idea to. Luckily there are other options to had that Polka Dot pop to the wedding. Thank you for the ideas! 
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its

Hey All,

My theme for my wedding is black and white plus black and white polka dots. I thought it would look cute to use B&W Cloth Polka Dot napkins on the tables but I am finding it hard to actually find some to rent. I have came across every design type for a napkin but not B&W polka dots. lol They do have a lot of the paper cocktail napkins, which I will probably use as well. I was wondering if anyone knows of a site or have came across any B&W Cloth polka dot napkins to rent? Thank you! I appreciate any feedback & information! 

This is likely to be very expensive and very difficult to find. Have you thought of doing a ribbon band around the napkin instead of the napkin itself, like this (except with spots):

Polka dots are bold. Especially black and white ones. A little goes a long way, and spotted black and white napkins might be fairly overkill for the look you are going for. 

You could also just get wide polka dot ribbon and use as a subtle table runner. If you have menu cards, or will have table numbers, you could incorporate the pattern there with much less cost and hassle.  You could use the pattern to "frame" the menu cards or table numbers.  You could make dotted numbers on solid colored cards.

OP, I understand your enthusiasm and attention to detail and cohesion.  My DD was obsessed trying to incorporate her colors and pattern into some of the smallest details.  Truth be told, some of the "hunts"', in the end, were barely noticed or worth the time and effort.

• Options
    corabeecorabee member
    Yes I like the table number idea. I actually came across some cards that had small black dots on them that look subtle but to what I was looking for. I might actually do that. I am glad I posted on here as I am getting some great ideas.

But yes I am one of those brides that has a lot of enthusiasm in the decor and details. But I can't help it! It is also very fun for myself. I love putting decor and such together so it makes the planning that much more fun for me.  It has been something I have been planning and decorating (on my pinterest board..of course) for years.  
  • Options

Yes I like the table number idea. I actually came across some cards that had small black dots on them that look subtle but to what I was looking for. I might actually do that. I am glad I posted on here as I am getting some great ideas.

But yes I am one of those brides that has a lot of enthusiasm in the decor and details. But I can't help it! It is also very fun for myself. I love putting decor and such together so it makes the planning that much more fun for me.  It has been something I have been planning and decorating (on my pinterest board..of course) for years.  

I totally get it. But the thing is, with a bold print (like spots) it is really, really easy to go overboard, and then you lose the impact. 

Spotted vases, cloth napkins, paper napkins, table runners, menus AND place cards are way too much. I would pick an absolute maximum of two of those with spots otherwise its just going to look a mess. 

Remember, negative space is one of the most important parts of good design. With a print, you need to direct the eye on where to go.

Look at the difference between this:

And this

In the second one, my eye doesn't know where to look, it is completely overwhelmed with too many blocks of black and white along with the prints. It looks messy, amateurish and cheap.  The first picture above is so much more impactful and elegant because of the negative space but also the subtle use of greens.

Be careful, matchy-matchy weddings can veer very, very quickly into looking like a child's birthday party. 
  • Options
    corabeecorabee member
    Yes that is what I am trying to avoid. I will definitely not be using everything as spots. I will end up looking like Cruella Deville...The second one is not what I am looking for. I will be taking these ideas and seeing which I like most to incorporate.  I will most likely be doing a black tablecloth with white napkins and probably a polka dot ribbon around the napkins. Like in the first photo you had sent.  One thing on the table will be polka dots the rest will be black and white, as well as clear vases with white flowers. I am thinking about doing smaller dots instead of the fatter ones. I feel like that looks more classy.
  • Options
    justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Another thing to keep in mind as you are doing DIYs is that most (if not all) of it will go in the trash. Menu cards, place cards, napkins (if not cloth), etc will all end up in the trash at the end of the night. Make sure you are not spending a lot of time/money on these things if that thought might hurt you regarding it. 
  • Options
    Sounds fun (I love polka dots! )  

Sometimes, it is actually more cost effective to purchase instead of renting. This company doesn't have polka dot napkins, but, they have polka dot chair ties!  http://www.cvlinens.com/polka-satin-chair-sash-black-white-p-8611.html

Napkins:
    http://www.cvlinens.com/napkins-c-35.html
  • Options

donethat said:

Sounds fun (I love polka dots! )  

Sometimes, it is actually more cost effective to purchase instead of renting. This company doesn't have polka dot napkins, but, they have polka dot chair ties!  http://www.cvlinens.com/polka-satin-chair-sash-black-white-p-8611.html

Napkins:
    http://www.cvlinens.com/napkins-c-35.html

The picture of that chair tie kind of looks like a loin cloth. :D
    *********************************************************************************