Nevada-Las Vegas

MGM Marquee Suite

We are getting married at MGM Forever Grand Chapel in Las Vegas.  After the ceremony we are going on a party bus tour around the strip to take pictures with our photographer.  So, if you have any advice on that...that would be greatly appreciated.  

However, where I am really seeking advice is with an in-suite reception type event. We want to have a small get together with our guests.  We are looking just for maybe ordering some pizza from Secret Pizza and wings from Hooters, and picking it up on our Party Bus Tour on the strip...or even a more reasonably priced catering service or place we can order food and bring it up.  Something simple, and we will be provided drinks/cocktails as well.  Is the Marquee Suite at MGM a good option for this type of get together?  We are not looking for using a dj or dancing or anything, just a casual get together with drinks and food with our guests.  I considered the Terrace Suite, but it is much more expensive, and with our wedding being in July..I really don't see the Terrace/Patio being a good option unless we have it late at night, which I would prefer to just do an early evening.  

So, my main question is...will the Marquee Suite at MGM comfortably fit about 40-50 guests for a casual get together with food and drinks?   I know on the floorplan it would seat about 20 people comfortably.  Is there a way we could have MGM or find a rental company to just bring in a few chairs and a couple of tables?  Would a few more chairs and tables fit in the Marquee Suite?  

Re: MGM Marquee Suite

• xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I think the Marquee suite might be a little tight, although I haven't toured it (but have seen inside). I would suggest the Vista suite or the Media suite at Mandalay Bay. It'll let you have a bigger guest list. :)
  • I'd check with the party bus rental place too regarding the food; some have rules about food and/or additional fees, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011