Wedding Woes

Thursday?

It's the last day of school!  :D  

The weather is shit.  :/ 

What's up in your world?

Re: Thursday?

• The roof is getting fixed and I was supposed to sleep in today. :disappointed: 
    I'm so sleepy.
  • M has a cold. Maybe a touch of the flu? He's apparently going to the clinic today ... guh. I swear it's a man-cold.
    As I explained to him last night, since he started smoking again he's gotten sick more often. {note: he rarely got sick before}

Tonight is just general cleaning, I need to throw laundry in and I want to run a vacuum through the house. Plus I need to finish the grocery list.

I also have to deal with some files at work - ones I've been avoiding for awhile lmao!
  • I baked cookies but over cooked them. They aren't burnt but they aren't soft. :(
  • Getting rid of my gray roots.

Going to work.  I think.  So far no reservations.

Still traumatized over the remake of Dirty Dancing.  It was horrible.   No chemistry, bad dancing and weird random solo singing by the supporting cast.  No, just no.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

• I baked cookies but over cooked them. They aren't burnt but they aren't soft. :(

If they're still warm, try sealing them in an airtight container so condensation forms. That might soften them. It'll take 3+ hours though.

If they're still warm, try sealing them in an airtight container so condensation forms. That might soften them. It'll take 3+ hours though.

I will definitely try that next time I overcook cookies!
  • @missJeanLouise I put a piece of bread in whatever container I'm using to store cookies. The bread gets stale and hard, but the cookies get and stay stupid soft.

I made the best baked mac 'n' cheese last night, and I'm listening to what may very well be the worst book in all of human history. 

There's finally sun again.

We're flying to my parents tomorrow morning. My dad turns 65 and is finally retiring this weekend. :)

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• We have four more days until school is out. Yay! it's getting painful to wake up in the morning, yo.

I need to start coloring my gray hair, but I know once I start, then I can't stop. I pull them out at the moment. I don't have a lot, but I can't blend them in anymore.

I had to spend my summer fun money on the colonoscopy I had, and since I'm 43 it's not covered 100% by my insurance. That took my trip money. boo. I'm going to go home for a week and maybe a stay-cay, but that's it.

On a side note, thankfully everything was normal and clear, but that prep was a beast. Man, that's some vile tasting stuff they make you drink. It took an entire hour to get 16 oz down. I kept gagging. Horrible.
  • I've decided I'm taking a vacation day on Monday.  I realize it is a holiday for pretty much everyone else in the US, but my company "trades it" for getting Mardi Gras day off.  Most NOLA companies trade President's Day.  Oh, but that isn't a holiday where I work.  Overall, they're a good company to work for, but then they have their ogre moments.  And not getting Memorial Day off is one of them, imho.

But now I'm looking forward to an unexpected 3-day weekend.  Quite frankly, if I didn't have a lunch-time mystery shop to do when I get off work tomorrow, I would have taken tomorrow off also and made it a 4-dayer.  Oh well! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We leave on a trip this weekend. I'm currently making a list of all the things I need to do before we go. 

H has a game tonight and for me it's laundry, cleaning, lights on timers, mail stopping, kennel confirming, packing... ahhhhh am I forgetting anything?
    *********************************************************************************

• This weather is total crap. And I'm tired. And I have a meeting at 3 that I don't want to lead. 

But our office chef is throwing a make-your-own ice cream sundae smorgasbord at 2pm, so I have that to look forward to (2.5 hours to go!!)
  • It went from 95 yesterday to 70 today and cloudy. My body is confused. First day of work yesterday went well but I went long and I completely missed my first class at school. I did get my schedule for June at least, which is something. I have so much to do. I'm trying to get as much homework done as possible before I get too busy. 

Im supposed to go to lunch with BFF and my mom today. Hopefully my doctor appointment gets out early/on time. Last time it took forever. 

• I have tomorrow-Monday off, so hooray for a 4 day weekend. We don't have plans, but I will be getting a massage, and maybe a pedi tomorrow. Today was the last day of school, so DK said he's WFH tomorrow so I can keep my massage appt. I made a few of them about a month ago on my off Fridays, and didn't realize that school ended on Thursday instead of Friday. I told Wolverine that do something fun during the afternoon if she behaved herself for DK while I was at my appt. (maybe go in the pool or find a new playground/park). 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @sparklepants41 can I come to the ice cream social? that sounds so good right now even though it is cold and rainy here. 
  • I'm so over the weather here. The past two days were gorgeous and now we're back to rainy and cold. It's expected to last through the weekend but I'm hoping it breaks long enough for H and I to check out a BBQ ribfest this weekend. 

Today is H's birthday. He requested steaks, twice baked potatoes and mac salad for dinner so that's what he's getting. I got him a Weber Charcoal grill as his gift so he'll take care of the meat while I do the sides. I need to stop by the liquor store after work and get a good bottle of wine, since it's also National Wine Day. 

@sparklepants41  can I come to the ice cream social too?
    @atomicblonde  what's the recipe you used for the baked mac n cheese? I can't find one I'm enamored with enough to go back to.

• @kvruns @cupcait927 Yes! You can come to the ice cream social!

Everyone can come!

• @sparklepants41  how was glucose test yesterday.
    Also I suggested an ice cream social at my work. There's 3 of of us in the office I'm at, and this was mentioned. I was like "Well why don't we just walk down the street and get ice cream or frozen yogurt? We can chat. It's sociable" XD
  • @sparklepants41  brilliant idea to use the app! Blech I've heard the same response from so many people on that stuff lmao I don't mind flat soda {i'm weird} but I think the after taste would get me.

I told M that when I have to take that stuff, he's required to have standby food. I also typically have granola bars in my purse, so that'll be helpful.

Weird question, did you do it at your normal dr or somewhere else?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My parents came over today to work on centerpiece.  My mom loves them so happy day.  She wants to do a sweets table.  Right now she has buckeyes and melon balls (????). We talked about cake pops, but they're really expensive.  She's talking to a donut shop tomorrow.

Last soccer practice of the season tonight.  Tryouts next week then we wait anxiously to see if he gets an offer.
  • @charlotte989875, wow that is gorgeous! Sorry the weather didn't co operate but drinking wine is always good!

• @sparklepants41  brilliant idea to use the app! Blech I've heard the same response from so many people on that stuff lmao I don't mind flat soda {i'm weird} but I think the after taste would get me.

I told M that when I have to take that stuff, he's required to have standby food. I also typically have granola bars in my purse, so that'll be helpful.

Weird question, did you do it at your normal dr or somewhere else?

My OB/GYN is at the hospital I'll be delivering at, and they have a lab right there. So I drank the stuff on the way in, and then had my blood drawn at my dr's office an hour later.