Favors

charity favors

124»

Re: charity favors

• SP29SP29
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I'm with southernbelle and banana on this.

I don't think it's the worst thing ever, but there are many reasons why it's not appropriate. I wouldn't do it myself, or recommend it to anyone else (hence the opinions the OP is getting).
    DrillSergeantCatshort+sassy
  • Whole bunch of people on here telling others how to live their lives and celebrate their days.  :|

OP, your intent was to give an idea to people looking to share their wedding joy in a charitable way. I'm sure there are brides and grooms who will find that useful. As someone who has worked in non-profits my whole career, we're delighted for the donations - thanks! It is always a huge honor when someone chooses to highlight us on their special day - wedding, birthday, baby shower, etc. - and bring more awareness to the work we do. It truly makes a big difference to us, and we're able to achieve more meaningful work through these gracious acts.

I don't know if you're bothering to follow this anymore with all of the negativity sparked in people's hearts, but I appreciate your sentiment. I think the world could do with some more charity, and I hope your wedding was a beautiful day and your marriage even more so.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 Houston
    10000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    Whole bunch of people on here telling others how to live their lives and celebrate their days.  :|

OP, your intent was to give an idea to people looking to share their wedding joy in a charitable way. I'm sure there are brides and grooms who will find that useful. As someone who has worked in non-profits my whole career, we're delighted for the donations - thanks! It is always a huge honor when someone chooses to highlight us on their special day - wedding, birthday, baby shower, etc. - and bring more awareness to the work we do. It truly makes a big difference to us, and we're able to achieve more meaningful work through these gracious acts.

I don't know if you're bothering to follow this anymore with all of the negativity sparked in people's hearts, but I appreciate your sentiment. I think the world could do with some more charity, and I hope your wedding was a beautiful day and your marriage even more so.
    Need to close this thread as it's dormant.
    MesmrEweCMGragain
124»