New York-Long Island

The Sands at Lido Beach

Has anyone been there in the last year or so? Its under new management and catering and I cannot find many reviews. Please let me know.
Thank you!!!

Re: The Sands at Lido Beach

• mmaroneymmaroney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING HERE!!!!!!!! Unless you want your wedding to consist of chaos and confusion. Let me start off  on a positive note... food was delicious, good looking venue, and that's about it...... I could spend about two hours writing about everything that went wrong but instead I will list a few the major problems   1. The bridal suite was dirty from the wedding before and their was no one there to greet us, the staff was to busy cleaning up after our wedding to attend to our needs.2. They had OUR GUESTS, who were in dresses, carry chairs down to the ceremony site. 3. Last minuet what we had agreed on about money mysteriously changed 4. they ran out of champagne and then told guests that it was because the bride and groom had requested bud and bud light. The list goes on but I refuse to waste more of my time on this place, what a nightmare!!  despite all of this I did enjoy my wedding.....because we booked a great band and I was with my family and friends but if I could go back in time I would have my wedding somewhere else
  • mmaroneymmaroney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS if you would like more information the list of things go on........ we were also promised the world as well and got duped in the end
  • edited December 2011
    When was your wedding?  What exactly did you not get that you were supposed to? Who organized the wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    I AGREE DO NOT HAVE YOUR WEDDING THERE PLEASE GO TO THE ATLANTIC BEACH SANDS THEY ARE MORE PROFESSIONAL AND BETTER. I HAD MY WEDDING THERE AND THE OWNER KICKED US ALL OUT WOULD NOT LET ME OR MY GUEST BACK IN THE HALL AND WE HAD TO DEAL WITH COPS. EMBARESSING BEYOND BELIEF!! THEY WILL YES YOU TO DEATH AND THEN YOU WILL GET NOTHING TRUST ME DO NOT GO NEW MANAGMENT MEANS NOTHING TO THESE PEOPLE THEY ARE NOT PROFESSIONAL AND THEY ACT LIKE WANNA BE GANGSTERS. 

AND THEY HAVE A HUGE RUNNING LIST OF COMPLAINTS FROM BBB. DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR AND GO TO ATLANTIC BEACH INSTEAD. THEY OFFER MORE THE PLACE LOOKS BETTER, BIGGER, AND CLEANER. 
  • edited December 2011
    THE SANDS IN LIDO BEACH IS A BIG MESS!! I HAD MY WEDDING THERE AND BEGINNING TO END IT WAS A DISASTER. THE MANAGEMENT IS POOR AND THEY JUST WANT THERE MONEY!! THE SALEMAN IS A MESS AND HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS DOING. HE JUST PROMISED ME AND MY HUSBAND EVERYTHING AND THEN GOT SCARED WHEN HIS BOSS ARRIVED FOR QUESTIONING. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE SANDS IN ATLANTIC BEACH IT IS CLEANER LIKE THE COMMENT ABOVE STATES.

I TOO LOOKED AT THE BBB AND THEY HAVE WAY TO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS PLACE. THE OWNER IS KNOWN FOR RUINING WEDDINGS AND LIEING TO GET CLIENTS. NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN HAPPY WITH THIS PLACE INCLUDING ME I LEFT IN TEARS AND WOULD NEVER EVER GO BACK!!!!

THE WHOLE PLACE IS DISTGUSTING AND I WISH I NEVER HAD MY WEDDING THERE MY DAY WAS RUINED AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.
    JUST LIKE MOST I WENT TO ATLANTIC BEACH AND THEY HAD NO DATES I THOUGHT THEY WERE AFFILIATED BUT THEY WERE NOT. MY FRIEND GOT MARRIED A WEEK LATER IN ATLANTIC BEACH SANDS AND HER WEDDING WENT NOTHING BUT SMOOTH THE MANAGMENT WAS PROFESSIONAL AND ACCOMODATING. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY WERE SO NICE!!!! MY WAIT STAFF AT THE LIDO BEACH SANDS DIDNT EVEN CARE WHAT WAS GOING ON WE PAID EXTRA FOR WAIT STAFF FOR NOTHING!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!! HORRIBLE POOR MANAGMENT THAT DOES NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND IT IS NOT CLASSY AT ALL IT'S A CHEAP PLACE WITH POOR DECOR AND EVEN POORER MANAGMENT.
  • badsandsbadsands member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a party there in October and I had a very similar, very bad experiance. I share your pain.
  • badsandsbadsands member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We were promised many things that didnt happen. The management acted like we were imposing on them when we tried to find someone in charge. There was no one to greet us or our guests when we entered. It was as if this was the first party they ever had there. In the 5 hours of our event, no one ever asked us how we were doing or if we needed anything. The food was good, (though not the menu we agreed on) and the the place is very nice but the management was very very unprofessional.  

• I just left The Sands on Lido Beach.  I loved it!!!  We booked the date and are all set!  The lady who helped us was very professional.  No funny business.(I think she is new.)  It's goin to be great.
  • We had our daughter's wedding there last month, and had a great experience.  Barbara, the manager, took wonderful care of both sides of the family in the most courteous and professional way.  The food was fresh, the rooms were clean, and the staff was helpful.  I would definitely recommend the Sands on Lido Beach to a friend.
  • edited February 2012
    I would chose The Sands on Lido Beach again if i did it all over.  The coordinators came up with so many great ideas for our nontraditional wedding.  My fiance and I went with their wedding package... glad we did! The food was delicious, all the rooms  clean, and the staff was great! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards