Wedding Woes

Thursday

How's it hanging? 

I've got a massive headache that I'm trying to chase away with water and coffee.  There's a front moving in, so I'm sure that's why I'm miserable. 

Other than that, SSDD. 

Re: Thursday

• @mrsconn23  Weather changes here too. M had horrible headache last night too.

Groceries last night. Went over budget so I was irked. I was hoping to be at least $10 under budget because bus pass changes made me buy a new card that cost $6 ....guhh

Oh well .... I'll find other ways to cut budget.

Cleaned up kitchen and vacuumed last night.
    Tonight a company is coming to see about central air, and I think M is going to go look at getting propane.

Tomorrow I think a friend of mine is coming over. I gotta text her later to see if she's still coming.

Saturday M is possibly having friends over for poker. Sunday - pending weather - my mum and M are going to range then she's coming for late lunch/early dinner.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Last day of swim this week. Then gymnastics and back to the pool for the afternoon- high of 90. Card club tonight. 

Storms come one in tomorrow so I'm going to let the kids do whatever they want- movies, video games, I don't care. 
  • That's awesome, 6!  Enjoy!!  I'm sure after the negotiation stress, you could use the time to decompress together.  :) 
  • That's awesome 6! Where are you going? Or having a little staycation? 
    good luck Charlotte!
    my trip to the quilt shop was a bit of little let down. DH finished his business in less than an hour so I was only able to visit the one shop. It didn't have any cute baby fabric so I might have to go online. Strangely enough, quilting isn't a huge hobby in the desert. ;)
    I am meeting with the marketing director about my potential job tonight. I need to put on my big girl pants and be willing to walk away if it isn't worth my time. (Which I won't. It will be more work than proposed and I will have no one to blame but myself)
  • @6fsn  all hail no sports! Lol! Your schedule and need to relaxation reminds me of my coworker. She has 2 kids - 7 and 5 - and they're taking 2 weeks off. She's looking at doing nothing .... and she needs it!
  • Good morning, all.  I was out sick yesterday.  Just came out of nowhere.  Still not feeling 100% today, but dragged myself to work.  It started with severe stomach upset, a fever, and dizziness.  But has now changed to an all-day headache and tiredness.  I am still having a bit of trouble controlling my temperature.  I keep going from feeling too hot to too cold, but haven't been feverish since yesterday morning.

So pretty much just trying to survive the day, lol.  But, other than that, things are going well (knock on wood).

@charlotte989875, good luck to your H!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @6fsn, that sounds FAB! My kinda place, and I'm filing that away for a future trip for H and I.

My parents come in tonight and tomorrow I'm taking them to a nice Chicago restaurant (I hope anyway, reviews are good) and "The King and I" and then Saturday is the Lake Shake concert.  Despite some call for rain.  

• I went to hocking hills last month @6fsn and it was great. I hadn't been there before and it was a lot of fun. 
  • @charlotte989875  totally missed it, was about to ask how your H's interview went. Any idea how long they'll take to get back or is it kinda up in the air?

• @charlotte989875  totally missed it, was about to ask how your H's interview went. Any idea how long they'll take to get back or is it kinda up in the air?

Kind of up in the air, they don't have a set start date for the job. But when he did the phone interview last week they said it would take 2 weeks for the skype to be scheduled and they scheduled it two days later for yesterday. So hopefully that's a good sign. 

I'll take it as a good sign ;)

• @6fsn, that sounds FAB! My kinda place, and I'm filing that away for a future trip for H and I.

My parents come in tonight and tomorrow I'm taking them to a nice Chicago restaurant (I hope anyway, reviews are good) and "The King and I" and then Saturday is the Lake Shake concert.  Despite some call for rain.  

We are going to the "King and I" on Saturday. DD and SIL saw it last Friday and said it was very good.
  • I heard the reviews are good! I can't wait to see it. It's a mother's/father's day gift to my parents.  The dinner is a birthday gift to my Dad.  I have to stop getting them "stuff" and do experiences for them because they own all the "stuffs" in the world :)

I STILL have yet to see Aladdin but we have until the fall, I think?  

• I'm so glad this week is almost over.  If I can get through Saturday (last swim meet, Wooz's birthday party, swim banquet), I'll be in the clear.

I just realized that this is the last full week I'm working until late July.  That week is going to be rough. :)
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2017

Heffalump said:

I just realized that this is the last full week I'm working until late July.  That week is going to be rough. :)

Same here!  And yes, I'll be all, "I have to work...Every. Day?!" :D

The only good thing is that the kids will be in school and DH will back on 1st shift. (He officially goes back to days on 07/18...and we have a long weekend that weekend prior for camping at the farm...AND GoT RETURNS THAT SUNDAY!!! So.much.squee!)

• 6fsn said:

We're going to southern Ohio- hocking hills. We didn't think a big expensive trip was smart with the job stuff. It's about 1.5 hrs away and my folks are on the way. 

My brother and SIL honeymooned in Hocking Hills. They loved it!
  • How is it only THURSDAY????? This has been the longest week in history!

My boss is OOT so I don't have much work to do. I'm going to work on crocheting a bikini top for PG today.
  • Day 4 of vacation. I got a lot done yesterday, but not as much as I'd like. Right now I'm waiting for FW to wake up so we can do some cleaning and clear out the spare room for Housemate #2.
  • Sounds like M, my mum and I are gonna be watching my mum's coworker's kids the weekend after Canada day :)
    They're so cute and seem to be pretty well behaved. I think the're around 3 and 4? Their mum is due in September {which throws my mum off because my bday is in Sept and she's like "did I look that big!?" lol}

I think we'll probably do a splash pad and ice cream :) I volun-told M that's gonna join us lol {he likes ice cream so it wasn't too hard}

Side note: end of June M is gonna start on nico patches :) He can't do cold-turkey, so we're hoping this works. I think I'll get him to talk to pharmacist before buying so then he knows a bit more on them and what would work for him.
  • Hello! 

Last night the pup had an upset stomach again. She goes to daycare, so I think she might have caught a bug from one of her friends. H is working from home today and tomorrow, though, so she will have time to recover without getting reinfected. Luckily H got up with her last night. 

Today I have a bunch of 31-week appointments, so I am leaving work at 1:15 to head over to the hospital. Despite my exhaustion (seriosuly - WHEN is the weekend going to get here?!) I have had an extremely productive morning. Looking forward to seeing Babypants on the ultrasound and also getting home before 7 for once this week. 

@MissKittyDanger can I come with you to the splash pad and ice cream? That sounds so fun!!!
  • Yoga was wonderful yesterday!  I really needed it!  Got home to a happy DD and a crock pot meal.  After dinner, we got DD ready for bed, but she barely ate any of her cereal/formula concoction because H fed her 8 oz at 7!  She was still probably full from her last feeding!  So she did wake up at 2, but then didn't wake up again until almost the alarm.  So that wasn't so bad.

Today is SSDD.  So glad its Prudie day!  Only one more day until Friday!

6 - Have fun on your mini-vacay!

• The pup is good and crazy, cats still aren't a fan but slowly they're getting closer to her.  She just wants to play with them, and they just want to  hiss at her, but they seem to accept she's not leaving.  Eventually they'll be friends-ish.

This is exactly our cat and dog. It took 3 years but they're fine around each other now. Not besties but there isn't hissing or scratching, for the most part. 

Welcome back! Glad things are moving in the right direction work wise.