Chit Chat

Teen Mom OG and Teen Mom 2

Does anyone watch this?  I do from time to time (I will admit I'm not completely caught up with it).  Yes, trash TV is my JAM.

anyway - last night on OG Mackenzie and Ryan upped their wedding day for legal reasons (custody) and wanted the other wedding they planned for still in November.

In Teen Mom 2, Chelsea did the same.  She wanted to be married before the baby was born, and have what she called "the real wedding" a year later.

NO.  Your real wedding already took place!  Have a party, that's fine - but both Mackenzie and Chelsea's seem to be planning PPD.  And the be honest - the real weddings they had were beautiful and perfectly fine.  And now all the viewers are going to think PPD's are "things'. 

Re: Teen Mom OG and Teen Mom 2

• I honestly loved the pictures of Chelsea's wedding, I wish they would just keep it at that. At least, being on the TV show, it isn't likely they will get to lie to everyone that the real wedding has already taken place and what they are viewing is the redo. 
  • I use to watch this more. I follow Maci and Chelsea on instagram.

Chelsea will still count the original date her wedding day, but wants to do a bigger party later {she explained online}

I prefer OG vs 2 - but only watch 2 for drama llama Jenelle and Kail, but I adore Chelsea. She's been my fave since day 1

OG I love them all except Farrah. My heart always goes out to Amber. She's been through so much :( but glad she has her issues under control. You can see such a difference from now vs beginning.
    Maci is my fave. She reminds me of Chelsea.

This is what I'll be watching on Friday, since I'm sequestered to my living room all day lmao I'm so behind in eps!
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have a lot of episodes on the DVR and I will be getting through them when I get back home (I have been in D.C. for almost a month).  

I did read that Amber finally left Daddy (shudder) which makes me really happy.  

• Ugh, I wish I got MTV here!!! I love all the Teen Moms!! It is my guilty pleasure. Farrah and Janelle are the train wrecks I can't stop watching. Maci is a doll, I love her. And Caitlyn, and most of them. If anyone wants to post updates/ recaps, I won't be mad. 

• Ugh, I wish I got MTV here!!! I love all the Teen Moms!! It is my guilty pleasure. Farrah and Janelle are the train wrecks I can't stop watching. Maci is a doll, I love her. And Caitlyn, and most of them. If anyone wants to post updates/ recaps, I won't be mad. 

check online. It plays pretty late where I am, so I end up watching online {mtv.ca for me if that works}
  • Oh my god, so happy to have someone to talk about this with. It's my guilty pleasure too! FI makes fun of me for watching it lol.

I just finished watching the latest episode last night. I cringed when Mackenzie and Ryan had their wedding and thought of everyone on here haha. I felt so bad for Ryans mom! Poor lady was balling, so upset that they were doing it that way. Not to mention Ryan was seriously messed up. I would not want to marry anyone knowing they were that out of it. The scene with him driving the car and falling asleep was so disturbing.

Also, Mackenzie specifically said they were keeping it a secret from everyone but their parents - Ummm.. they're going to see this on TV and be extremely hurt that the wedding they attended wasn't the real thing. So wrong!
  • I love teen mom! I have gotten to the point where I have to fastforward through Jenelle and Farrah, though. They are just awful. Although I can't decide who is worse, Farrah or her mum. I feel like they deserve each other. 
  • Ugh I apparently need to catch up- I binge watched for a few days a few weeks ago and apparently I have missed some juicy stuff!
    Ryan is so messed up, when I first watched an episode and his eyes were super wide I knew something was going on, but Maci was still denying it at that point. I'm glad they are at least being a *little* more honest with what is going on. 
  • I am way too into teen mom og... and unfortunately I think matt and amber are marriage bootcamp or couples therapy or something

• @justsie Right? I saw in the sneak peak for the reunion that he's now in rehab getting help, which is good. Poor Bentley. 
  • I am totally hooked on this show and can never explain why!   But Kailyn also had a PPD, she married Javi in a courthouse for Army benefit reasons and then had a 'real wedding' at an aquarium later.  (Sorry to jump in, I am an occasional lurker and happened to see this thread!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yes, I cannot stand Farrah and her mom and David! Janelle is getting better in my books, as she gets older and her mom is something else too! 

I must have missed the Kailyn thing @glitter2015.  Whatever the reason is to move up your wedding day, i'm all for it.  But make THAT day beautiful and meaningful.  Why have 2 days?

yeah, I remember Mackenzie saying it was a secret. LOL.  no, the episode aired and your wedding was scheduled in November, so I'm sure the secret it out. I'm interested in finding out about this fifth mom in TM2....is she younger? is she the same age? how does she fit in....?

• @CharmedPam Did you ever watch Teen Mom 3? It's Brianna from that show. So I guess she'd be a few years younger. I never watched TM3 so I don't know if she's interesting or not. I guess they're just kinda plopping her in as a fifth story. Wonder why.. 
  • I watched some of TM3, but couldn't get into it.  I vaguely remember Brianna, I just remember she was very close with her mom and sister.  I don't know why they are adding a fifth, but there are rumors that they are doing it as a back up so one of the TM2 cast members can quit after this season.  Kind of like a transition to change?  Who knows.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I liked TM3 actually. I feel that despite situations, the girls themselves were more together. They weren't dealing with issues like Farrah or Amber in OG, Jenelle in TM2
  • I think I did watch TM 3.... she did look familiar!  I wonder who would be dropping out...? it's good money for them!

• MobKazMobKaz member
    ********SPOILER ALERT*********For anyone that has not watched the last episode.  Yep.  I'm a grandma and have been hooked on OG from day 1!

The Ryan/Mackenzie PPD revelation infuriated me, especially when they made a point to say they planned on keeping it a secret.  I'm not sure if his mom was crying more about the rushed ceremony or the fact that Ryan was high throughout it.

However, holy hell and Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  Ryan was behind the wheel doped to the gills.  Neither dumbass was wearing a seat belt.  Mackenzie was more concerned about getting married than she was surviving a car crash as evidenced by her helping to drive the damn car whenever Ryan swerved or shut his damn eyes!!  I am so glad Maci knows to keep Bentley away from both Ryan as well as the grandparents for now.  They are clearly enablers and cannot and should not be trusted with any good judgments right now.

Amber breaks my heart.

I have always been huge fans of Catelynn and Tyler.  I was a bit surprised and frustrated that they purchased that home without even literally walking inside!  Who does that?  They have always shown such incredible personal responsibility. 

Farrah.  Sweet Mother of Mary.  I have never seen such a display of dysfunction.  Poor Sophia is truly doomed.  I honestly swear like a sailor at the TV when watching her segments.

• MobKaz said:

********SPOILER ALERT*********For anyone that has not watched the last episode.  Yep.  I'm a grandma and have been hooked on OG from day 1!

The Ryan/Mackenzie PPD revelation infuriated me, especially when they made a point to say they planned on keeping it a secret.  I'm not sure if his mom was crying more about the rushed ceremony or the fact that Ryan was high throughout it.

However, holy hell and Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  Ryan was behind the wheel doped to the gills.  Neither dumbass was wearing a seat belt.  Mackenzie was more concerned about getting married than she was surviving a car crash as evidenced by her helping to drive the damn car whenever Ryan swerved or shut his damn eyes!!  Can she not drive?  Why didn't they pull over to switch drivers???? At that point - uber it from  now on, Ryan!  I am so glad Maci knows to keep Bentley away from both Ryan as well as the grandparents for now.  They are clearly enablers and cannot and should not be trusted with any good judgments right now.

Amber breaks my heart.

I have always been huge fans of Catelynn and Tyler.  I was a bit surprised and frustrated that they purchased that home without even literally walking inside!  Oh, but they know what they're doing.  It's their third house, don't ya know?  Who does that?  They have always shown such incredible personal responsibility. 

Farrah.  Sweet Mother of Mary.  I have never seen such a display of dysfunction.  Poor Sophia is truly doomed.  I honestly swear like a sailor at the TV when watching her segments.

• I think winner of the ultimate douchecanoe award goes to Farrah's mum's fiancé. Who decides the first time meeting someone is an appropriate place to air grievances you gathered from a reality show? It was one of the only times I genuinely felt bad for Farrah. 

• I think winner of the ultimate douchecanoe award goes to Farrah's mum's fiancé. Who decides the first time meeting someone is an appropriate place to air grievances you gathered from a reality show? It was one of the only times I genuinely felt bad for Farrah. 

I agree with you here. That dude is straight up WEIRD. I actually laughed out loud in the last episode when he just freaks out and gives Farrah the finger ahah. He's apparently a doctor?  :| I find that scary lol

• MobKaz said:

However, holy hell and Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  Ryan was behind the wheel doped to the gills.  Neither dumbass was wearing a seat belt.  Mackenzie was more concerned about getting married than she was surviving a car crash as evidenced by her helping to drive the damn car whenever Ryan swerved or shut his damn eyes!!  I am so glad Maci knows to keep Bentley away from both Ryan as well as the grandparents for now.  They are clearly enablers and cannot and should not be trusted with any good judgments right now.

Amber breaks my heart.

I have always been huge fans of Catelynn and Tyler.  I was a bit surprised and frustrated that they purchased that home without even literally walking inside!  Who does that?  They have always shown such incredible personal responsibility. 

I thought the same about Mackenzie! Like why are you so eager to get married that you literally don't care he's about to crash the vehicle and kill you. I think she was also just so concerned about appearing "normal" on camera and acting like nothing was wrong.

• lnixon8 said:

I am way too into teen mom og... and unfortunately I think matt and amber are marriage bootcamp or couples therapy or something

I think both they and Javi and Kailyn are going to be on Marriage Boot Camp, and Farrah and her parents were on Family Boot Camp.
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse

check online. It plays pretty late where I am, so I end up watching online {mtv.ca for me if that works}

*crying* Nope. "Video not made available in your region" so sad. :(

• Apollymi said:

I think winner of the ultimate douchecanoe award goes to Farrah's mum's fiancé. Who decides the first time meeting someone is an appropriate place to air grievances you gathered from a reality show? It was one of the only times I genuinely felt bad for Farrah. 

I agree with you here. That dude is straight up WEIRD. I actually laughed out loud in the last episode when he just freaks out and gives Farrah the finger ahah. He's apparently a doctor?  :| I find that scary lol

I know! I am shocked that he still has a license. I have good friend who is a paediatrician, and she even refuses to diagnose her nephews over facetime becuase of the risks. What medical doctor thinks it is ok to give psychological advice after meeting someone for 10 minutes in a social setting?

• lnixon8 said:

I am way too into teen mom og... and unfortunately I think matt and amber are marriage bootcamp or couples therapy or something

Ugh no!! I just want Amber to kick his ass to the curb.

*crying* Nope. "Video not made available in your region" so sad. :(

Youtube? Idk what else :(

• lnixon8 said:

I think both they and Javi and Kailyn are going to be on Marriage Boot Camp, and Farrah and her parents were on Family Boot Camp.

Javi and Kailyn are divorced though ...
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    I think Amber and Ew Face are on couple's therapy but I am hoping it was because they signed the contract before they split.

• lnixon8 said:

Javi and Kailyn are divorced though ...

After looking it up, it looks like they filmed right before/in the middle of the divorce, but it won't air until the next season.
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse

• Javi and Kailyn are divorced though ...

After looking it up, it looks like they filmed right before/in the middle of the divorce, but it won't air until the next season.

....so spoiler alert- they don't stay together?