Wedding Woes

Why is it only Wednesday?

Re: Why is it only Wednesday?

• Welcome @Apollymi....since I'm a snobby anti-metric American, you gave your Canadian away when you talked about kilometers :)

I'm so use to kilometers I didn't even notice lmao! :')

Haha me too, always forget it's different!
  • I've finally gotten my boss to understand that it's acceptable to turn people over the the District Attorney when they write us hot checks. This guy wrote a check on May 17, it was returned to us June 12 (IDK why it takes so damn long) for insufficient funds, I called and left a message, called the next day and spoke with him and he said he'd pay Monday, I called Monday and left a message, I called from the work phone today and it said the number was no longer in service, I tried from my personal phone and it went through. Dude blocked our number!!! Joke's on him, if he doesn't pay by 5pm today, I'm turning him over to the DA.
  • a former co-worker of mine was on SYTTD - she went shopping with her STB DIL. She said it was an interesting experience. 

I'm running on low today - no idea why. I got some munchkins on the way to the office, so maybe sugar will be a good boost. 

• *Barbie* said:

a former co-worker of mine was on SYTTD - she went shopping with her STB DIL. She said it was an interesting experience. 

I'm running on low today - no idea why. I got some munchkins on the way to the office, so maybe sugar will be a good boost. 

Really!? Crazy :) I think it'd be kinda neat to end up being on an episode tbh
  • Welcome @Apollymi! This is a fun place.

This week is going so fast! I was finally able to catch up on some things that I couldn't get to before I left for vacation.

Hugs to you, @VarunaTT!
  • It was either a poster on TK or TN and they had appeared on house hunters and gave away all sorts of behind the scenes dirt!  This was a long time ago, before it became more common knowledge that the people who appear on house hunters have already purchased their home or are under contract.

Apollymi - Welcome!  So are you married or engaged?  You said you got married in January, but the wedding is next September? 

• Welcome @Apollymi....since I'm a snobby anti-metric American, you gave your Canadian away when you talked about kilometers :)

I usually catch it with words that have a different spelling.  Like an extra "u", lol.  But I don't think there were any differently spelled words in her posts.

Speaking of, I once applied for a gig that involved having advertising put on my car.  Which I've actually done before, so it can be a legit thing.  But their gig was substantially more than what that usually pays, so I was already a little suspicious.

They really emphasized they were located in the U.S. and even gave a bogus fake U.S. address for their "company headquarters".

Some guy replies back to my inquiry with all this info about what the process is.  Including that they will be sending me a Cashier's Cheque for X amount of dollars.  And we have the classic scam of cashing it and then I have to send some of the money to blah, blah for an installer to be scheduled.  Blah, blah.

I was offended!  How dare they try and con me while making such a rookie mistake, lol.  Seriously guys, if you're out to con Americans, can you at least take 30 seconds to figure out how we spell our f**kin' words.  It's "check".  Talk about slip-shod work.  Even for a scammer, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It was either a poster on TK or TN and they had appeared on house hunters and gave away all sorts of behind the scenes dirt!  This was a long time ago, before it became more common knowledge that the people who appear on house hunters have already purchased their home or are under contract.

Apollymi - Welcome!  So are you married or engaged?  You said you got married in January, but the wedding is next September? 

Oh god - my mind is literally like mush right now. We got ENGAGED in January lol. Too many things on the go!

Thanks for the welcome :)
  • Welcome, @Apollymi!

Today is cramming for two tests and two quizzes that I have this afternoon. I think I'm going to lunch with my friend before? Kitten decided I didn't need to sleep last night, so I finally gave up at 6:30 and went to the gym. At least that's done for the day. 

I keep waiting for our sketchy neighbors to leave. They were supposed to be gone on the 1st....but now it's a month later and they're still here. I really want them to leave. They legitimately make the neighborhood worse. 

• @levioosa  What's up with neighbours? How are they sketch?
  • @OliveOilsMom, I LOVE "behind the scenes" info.  Because, really, most reality shows are hardly that.  I've also heard that, as the fame of a reality show grows, the shows become more and more fake and scripted.

I've heard none of the main people on American Pickers even live in the same small town the first store is in anymore.  That they are only there on filming days.  I've heard the same thing about Pawn Stars.  The main people are never working the counter or even visible unless it is a filming day.  And that both Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn (ended now) have staff that research for people in the area who might have interesting collections/items.  Then call them to see if they're willing to come in on a filming day and pretend they are interested in selling/pawning their item.

Even the seedier "who's my baby's daddy" kind of talk shows are often scripted and fake.  Back when I lived in CA, I had the opportunity to appear in one if I was willing to pretend I was a lesbian in a poly-relationship with two other women.  But had cheated on them with a man.  Some kind of weird scenario like that.  I passed.  It's been so long.  I'm pretty sure it was for Jerry Springer, but it might have been one of the other ones from the '90s with a male host.

@charlotte989875, yaassss for your H!  I'll hope this 3rd interview is just a "formality" ;).  But I suppose you never know.  A great sign, either way. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy supposedly the last one was the "hard" one but who knows. 

• @OliveOilsMom, I LOVE "behind the scenes" info.  Because, really, most reality shows are hardly that.  I've also heard that, as the fame of a reality show grows, the shows become more and more fake and scripted.

I've heard none of the main people on American Pickers even live in the same small town the first store is in anymore.  That they are only there on filming days.  I've heard the same thing about Pawn Stars.  The main people are never working the counter or even visible unless it is a filming day.  And that both Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn (ended now) have staff that research for people in the area who might have interesting collections/items.  Then call them to see if they're willing to come in on a filming day and pretend they are interested in selling/pawning their item.

Even the seedier "who's my baby's daddy" kind of talk shows are often scripted and fake.  Back when I lived in CA, I had the opportunity to appear in one if I was willing to pretend I was a lesbian in a poly-relationship with two other women.  But had cheated on them with a man.  Some kind of weird scenario like that.  I passed.  It's been so long.  I'm pretty sure it was for Jerry Springer, but it might have been one of the other ones from the '90s with a male host.

That's so crazy you were asked!

It's like "Extreme Home Makeover" half the time the family loses the house because of property tax bills or utility bills they can't afford :(

Tbh TV is like youtube .... they're cracking down on people who do sponsored vids. If they are, cool. Just say it.
    Reason why I strongly despise PewDiePie. He accepted money to say the product was good.

Urg ...

• So as I mentioned, we saw "Wonder Woman" last night. OMG! So good! M loved it too, and he admitted he wasn't entirely looking forward to it because it just didn't seem like his type of movie.
    We both agreed that they did it justice, and so glad there is a strong, independent, female super hero for to look up to for anyone.

I think a lot of people are liking wonder woman when they didn't expect to.  I hear DC has less appeal (for movies anyway) than Marvel but people are walking out saying they did a good job of it.  For a DC flick anyway.  I dont know about the rivalry though.

I will have to re-watch this and stay awake for it this time!

Even though my wedding is long gone - I STILL watch SYTTD. 

So yesterday I got a notice that my charge didn't go through for my wedding album at mypublisher.  I mean it was stuck in "processing" but it just never happened.  I didn't even notice that it never went through!  3 months later, I get an email saying "oops, processing was delayed, but we're charging you now".

me to my hubby: I have to chill on the spending since I have this unexpected charge now.  How do you like ramen noodles?  No, really, how do you like them?
    also me: what? Aladdin tickets on sale for $55.  OKAY! 

• @MissKittyDanger I honestly have no idea how many people are living there. It rotates. One of the guys deals hard drugs. He beats his girlfriend and they fight all the time. He does his drug deals in front of our house and yells all the time. It's awful. The wife and other girlfriend who live there are always high and drunk and stumbling around outside. And also doing drug deals. They literally make our neighborhood worse. I'm also pretty sure that the one guy is part of the local gang, and the people that threatened us a few months ago might have meant to be next door at their house instead of ours. 

That's so crazy you were asked!

It's like "Extreme Home Makeover" half the time the family loses the house because of property tax bills or utility bills they can't afford :(

Tbh TV is like youtube .... they're cracking down on people who do sponsored vids. If they are, cool. Just say it.
    Reason why I strongly despise PewDiePie. He accepted money to say the product was good.

Urg ...

It was.  My b/f, at the time, was an acquaintance with someone (I never met)who worked on the show.  They happened to be catching up one day and my b/f mentioned me in conversation.  The guy said something like, "Oh yeah!  I forgot you had a g/f.  Do you think she'd be willing to be on the show?  I'm looking for someone to play a (insert weird scenario)."

I do remember it paid $150 or $200...not much, lol.  And they would pick me up and drive me back home in a limo, so I didn't have to fight the L.A. traffic.  At the time, I lived about 90ish minutes south of L.A..  90ish minutes without traffic and "without traffic" is a rare unicorn, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When I went dress shopping I lived in Atlanta so I looked into going shopping at the SYTTD store. Their dresses all started above my price range, even the pretend one I was using for just trying on different types of dresses. They also wanted you to have an entourage and asked on their questioner about who had strong opinions. 
    My friend was recently on a show where the hosts helps potential homebuyer look at houses like an inspector. They were not under any contract and ultimately ended up not buying a house at all. But she said it was a great experience and she actually learned a lot. I don't remember the name of the show but it was the same guy who did Holmes on Homes

• So as I mentioned, we saw "Wonder Woman" last night. OMG! So good! M loved it too, and he admitted he wasn't entirely looking forward to it because it just didn't seem like his type of movie.
    We both agreed that they did it justice, and so glad there is a strong, independent, female super hero for to look up to for anyone.

I think a lot of people are liking wonder woman when they didn't expect to.  I hear DC has less appeal (for movies anyway) than Marvel but people are walking out saying they did a good job of it.  For a DC flick anyway.  I dont know about the rivalry though.

I'm definitely more a Marvel than DC fan, but don't get me wrong. I loved Dark Knight and I actually really liked Suicide Squad {ignoring the fact DC sucked Jared Leto's dick for it .... ffs}

They definitely did WW justice though.

I am pissed at Marvel for their MILLION Spiderman movies. Like .... ffs
  • Did anyone watch "Bride by design"? I LOVED that show.  the designer was so nice and you could "build" a dress or have her design it, depending on your price range.

• Y'all tell me if I'm overreacting....we have a customer come in here with his teenaged son. They sit down in the chairs in front of my desk and he puts his hand on his son's knee or mid-thigh, squeezes, rubs his thumb around, and leaves it there for a long time. It makes me really uncomfortable. 

I'm definitely more a Marvel than DC fan, but don't get me wrong. I loved Dark Knight and I actually really liked Suicide Squad {ignoring the fact DC sucked Jared Leto's dick for it .... ffs}

They definitely did WW justice though.

I am pissed at Marvel for their MILLION Spiderman movies. Like .... ffs

DH wants to see homecoming.  I have no desire.  But he's probably going to see "wish upon" and "annabell creation" with me, so I guess I'm going?

• Y'all tell me if I'm overreacting....we have a customer come in here with his teenaged son. They sit down in the chairs in front of my desk and he puts his hand on his son's knee or mid-thigh, squeezes, rubs his thumb around, and leaves it there for a long time. It makes me really uncomfortable. 

That would make me really uncomfortable too.  

@charlotte989875, yaassss for your H!  I'll hope this 3rd interview is just a "formality" ;).  But I suppose you never know.  A great sign, either way. 

I can confirm this. I was on an episode of Pawn Stars.
  • @levioosa, wow, that's terrible!  I hope they are out soon.  Not even as dramatic as that, but there was a corner liquor store a block from my house that closed down.  Almost overnight, the neighborhood really improved.

@sparklepants41, congrats on impressing the CEO!  Hopefully your all's client will like the presentation also.  I'm jealous of your 6-day weekend, lol.  But sounds like you have earned it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy thank you!! Also our office is closed Monday & Tuesday for the 4th, plus we get 5 summer Fridays off (I'm planning to take all mine before I go on leave), so I am really only using one vacation day for next Wednesday. I don't even really have plans yet - other than, I plan on not being at work. ;)
  • @DrillSergeantCat That's so awkward :S But I'm also the type of person who feels it's weird to kiss your children on the lips after a certain age.

@levioosa That sounds horrible :( I actually live in close proximity to a club that everyone is trying to get shut down. We live in a lovely neighbourhood, but the late night drunks wander over after closing and cause so much trouble.

Wonder why they haven't left if they were supposed to be gone on the 1st?
  • @Apollymi the landlord actually lives in the back house, and he might have given them an extension. We haven't had the opportunity to talk to him since last month when he said he was ending their lease on June 1st. But even if they are illegally living in the house, it takes months to evict people in my state (California). I've even known people who have lived for years without paying a dime to their landlord or bank. It's a blessing to tenants but a nightmare to landlords.