Wedding Woes

TGI mother loving F!

We made it to Friday!

Dad's doing better already with the help of breathing treatments and is probably going home on Sunday.  H said he'd be on-call if anything happens and dad and I had a long conversation about how he can't expect us to take his health more seriously than he does.  Who know, two stays ago got him to quit.  Maybe this stay helps him use the damn CPAP.  Oxygen,  it's kind of important!

I have to work, do laundry, pack, clean the house and my car before 3.  Easy peasy right?!

I also got the job offer.  It's not very good and the start date is earlier than we discussed.  I mean it's not a bad offer, it's the basic package for a sales person.  But since I'm being recruited to start their outside sales drive and train their venue coordinator, I expect to be taken care of in between my start date and first commission date so I'm not living on my draw for a few months.  I'd be taking a 50% pay cut for a while otherwise.  Time to negotiate!

Re: TGI mother loving F!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and some asshat parent  was sitting with all of the parents and kids smoking a cigar. 
  • Yay for dad doing better, @kimmiinthemitten
    also yay for getting the job, sorry it's not as you'd like. :( 

@6fsn Yay for 6let and all the best wishes for the match tomorrow! 

Bathing besides the usual for today. Some important guests coming to my aunt's tomorrow (she lives across the street from me). But I also have a dinner to attend, so I'll have to choose. I'm picking the dinner since the guests will be here a few days but I know they'll take that as a snub because they think they ought to be my biggest priority. *eyeroll*

I really want to go see Despicable Me 3! But I probably won't get to until next weekend.

• Yay!  Friday!  I hope the Americans have a wonderful 4th of July and the Canadians a wonderful weekend!

I have 3 weeks of billing time to do for work.  Ugh!  I really need to keep up with it better so I don't have to stop all other work and do it at the end of the month.  We have until noon on July 5th, but I don't want to have to worry about it, so I'm going to make the push to get it done today.

I cooked dinner when I got home.  Made some chicken quesadillas and corn on the cob.  The corn was so sweet and delish!  Love me some Jersey corn!

Tonight is my nephew's birthday, so we will go to my B/SIL house for cake.  Not too much planned for the weekend.  We will see if we can work out doing the driveway.  Monday, the town where I work will be closing the main drag and having vendors and food trucks.  There will also be some live music.  Fireworks at 9.  We will see if DD makes it that late.

I think my hair is starting to fall out.  I was really enjoying the pregnancy boost to my fine hair.  But all good things must come to an end :(

• Glad to hear Mr Mittens is doing better @kimmiinthemitten

Fantastic news at kicking that little turd's team's butt @6fsn and who the hell thinks it's appropriate to smoke anything at a kid's game? Smoking has been banned in all of our public parks, fortunately. 

@NiceKindaSpice Is the bathing a specific ritual? 

I decided to hibernate the afghan I was making for the "friend" and I'm going to start a baby blanket for someone I believe will truly appreciate it. I sorted through my yarn last night and picked some colors. I can't wait to get started on it. 

Tomorrow...busy day! Breakfast with MIL (every Saturday). Then, I need to get my oil changed and my tires rotated and balanced. Then, we have to go to the garden pond store so they can teach us how to care for our pond which is being overrun with string algae. Friends coming over at 2 to play with Mouse and PG while we unpack some more (we're soooo close). Then over to their place for swimming and dinner. I was hoping to get to a couple antique stores tomorrow, but I don't think we'll have time unless I get my car taken care of today.

Sunday, I don't think we have anything on the agenda.

Had to suspend a co-worker today. Dude has been verbally warned, written up and told that if he's late again he'd be suspended for 3 days. He showed up to work more than 30 minutes early, but then fell asleep in his truck and was almost 30 minutes late coming in. He's got a lot of bad going on so I feel bad for him, but at the same time losing his job isn't going to make those situations any better.
  • OMG.   I just got a phone call from daycare/camp.

Chiquita was found on the playground chewing on a TAMPON APPLICATOR.

I nearly heaved on the phone when the director followed up that she pulled it out of my purse while I was setting up Chiquito for breakfast and it was brand new.  She even added, "Yeah, I had to pull this cotton thing out to get at it!"

::shudder:: 
  • @banana468 thank God it was new.... the words playground and anything in their mouth leads me to think the worst!
  • OMG @banana468!  I'm laughing, in a horrified way, with you.  KIDS! ::smh::

We video chatted with DH last night.  DefConn was so happy.  He said he was trying to make it home Sunday vs. Monday.  I had a feeling they'd get road-weary sooner than they thought.  ;)  

Tonight, we don't have much going on.  Tomorrow, we're going to a bday party at our friend's house.  Sunday, hopefully DH will be rolling into town!  :D  I'm beyond ready for him and the kiddo to be home.  

• @banana468 OMG! :o  Thank god it was new. I remember a while back I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos, and the funniest one came on of a boy playing with an (unused) tampon and he thought it was dynamite  :D  his brother tattle tailed  "Mooom brother's playing with dynamite and he said he's gonna blow it up!" ahaha.

FRIDAY! Thank the lord. I woke up with a horrrrible sore throat. Been living off of lemon ginger tea this morning. Don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. Luckily I get off at 2 for the long weekend. Gonna go home and curl up on the couch with some soup. Hopefully I recover quick so it doesn't ruin my whole Canada Day weekend :(
  • @kimmiinthemitten, good news about dad and I hope you can negotiate a better deal to your liking.
    @banana468, can you get fast passes for one day only? or is it with the "four day pack" thing?  The phone call would scare me too! luckily it was yours and new. phew!

Facebook had an advert for a sale for those lebert bars (this one was the rock body tv ad though - but Chalene Johnson promotes the lebert ones) and all they can do and I was like "whoa I need those". I had them in my cart for like a minute and then remembered I had to pay my credit card down and I don't really NEED these bars. So I put it in my amazon cart "for later".  It was really hard for me to do.  I'm not one to "save up for things" I want.  I just buy them and worry about the cc later.

• OMG! Banana - Thank GOD it was new!  Chiquita must have thought it was a snack!
  • Happy Independence Day weekend to our U.S. and Canadian Knotties!  And hopefully it is a long one for everyone.

@kimmiinthemitten, I'm glad your dad's prognosis sounds okay and you're still headed off for your girl's weekend!  Sorry to hear the job offer was not quite what you were hoping for.  I'll cross my fingers you all come to mutually agreeable terms.

@OliveOilsMom, I feel your pain.  I have to fill out my timesheet today, but only have a few days already filled out.  I really should just take a few minutes out at the end of each day and fill it out as I go.  But then, I've been saying that for the last four years, lol.

@DrillSergeantCat, sorry to hear you had to suspend a coworker!  And what a bummer that he was there on site early, but then fell asleep in his car.  Ugh!

@banana468, yay Disney being all lined up!  OMG, I almost spit my coffee out reading about Chiquita.  At least it was a new applicator.  Eeekkk.

I picked up a last minute lunch shop at a 4-star restaurant near my house.  Earning gratitude from my scheduler, because today is the last day it can be done and scoring what should be a yummy (but normally pricy) meal for me and my H.

Lots of cleaning and organizing after lunch today.  Lots and lots.  Our guests come in tomorrow afternoon.  I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Update on my car, I was originally scheduled to have it back today.  But I talked to the main shop yesterday.  Not a chance, lol.  He said the soonest they'd probably have it ready would be NEXT Friday.  Because they are off on Mon. and Tues.  The specialty shop they had it towed to has had trouble diagnosing why the engine won't turnover.  That sounded really scary...because that shop has had it over a week...but both the main shop guy and my own H said it isn't that unusual.  Especially since the car's computers might not be "talking" to each other from water damage.

On the bright side, at least that means I do indeed get to keep my larger 4-door passenger vehicle to drive my guests around in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Update on my car, I was originally scheduled to have it back today.  But I talked to the main shop yesterday.  Not a chance, lol.  He said the soonest they'd probably have it ready would be NEXT Friday.  Because they are off on Mon. and Tues.  The specialty shop they had it towed to has had trouble diagnosing why the engine won't turnover.  That sounded really scary...because that shop has had it over a week...but both the main shop guy and my own H said it isn't that unusual.  Especially since the car's computers might not be "talking" to each other from water damage.

On the bright side, at least that means I do indeed get to keep my larger 4-door passenger vehicle to drive my guests around in.

That stinks about your car (although hidden blessing since the rental is bigger for your guests I guess?)

Why is it, every time I talk to somebody (in the U.S), they all have Monday off too?  Our office is open!  But, if my stupid comcast internet allow me to, I'll be working from home.

huge air quotes around working.

• @CharmedPam, the Fast Passes are booked for the 3 days we are in the park.

If you stay on Disney property, you can book your fast passes 60 days from the start of your stay plus 10.  So if your stay starts on August 24th (even if you don't intend to go to the parks) you can book your fast passes four August 24th - Sept 2nd.  If your stay was longer then you'd book Sept 3rd on August 25th, etc. 

If you aren't staying on park property then you'd have to book 30 days out from each day you will be in the park.     Since we aren't going to any of the other parks like Universal or Lego Land,  this is a really good value for us. 

Also, yes Chiquita is QUITE the interesting kiddo.   Last year she was swinging a dead bird around and then enjoyed the flavor of some ABC gum.

• @CharmedPam I'm working Monday, too. 

@banana468 I'm not looking forward to those days. So far, I just have to keep telling Mouse we don't eat rocks.
  • Glad your dad is doing better, @kimmiinthemitten!

Today is my WFH Friday. I've got a dog in my lap and my email is quiet. Much better than being in the office.

This weekend should be fun. Tomorrow is a family picnic at H's aunt's house. Sunday night w're going to see Tom Petty with the inlaws. I have to work Monday but only until 12:30. H and I are thinking about going to see Despicable Me 3 after he gets out of work.

• Update on my car, I was originally scheduled to have it back today.  But I talked to the main shop yesterday.  Not a chance, lol.  He said the soonest they'd probably have it ready would be NEXT Friday.  Because they are off on Mon. and Tues.  The specialty shop they had it towed to has had trouble diagnosing why the engine won't turnover.  That sounded really scary...because that shop has had it over a week...but both the main shop guy and my own H said it isn't that unusual.  Especially since the car's computers might not be "talking" to each other from water damage.

That stinks about your car (although hidden blessing since the rental is bigger for your guests I guess?)

Why is it, every time I talk to somebody (in the U.S), they all have Monday off too?  Our office is open!  But, if my stupid comcast internet allow me to, I'll be working from home.

huge air quotes around working.

I'm at work today for a half-day.  But Fridays are always my half-day.  I work a 4 9's and a 4 schedule.

I'm taking Monday off also, but it isn't a "holiday".  I have to use vacation time.  Tuesday (the 4th) is at least a holiday.

Cracking up at the bolded.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    omg @banana468

@OliveOilsMom my hair really started falling out maybe around 3-4 months PP? It has gotten better now at 7 months, I didn't notice when it got better, might have been around 6 months
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2017

I'm at work today for a half-day.  But Fridays are always my half-day.  I work a 4 9's and a 4 schedule.

I'm taking Monday off also, but it isn't a "holiday".  I have to use vacation time.  Tuesday (the 4th) is at least a holiday.

Cracking up at the bolded.

I'd LOVE that working schedule.  Although, to be fair, our boss usually lets us out early (1 hr....maybe 1.5 hrs) on Summer Friday's anyway. 

edit: I just talked to someone else who's office is closed. argh.  Yes, I can work from home, but I can't work from the  movie theater. LOL.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Ugh banana. Ugh ick blech ick. 

And my adventure for Friday. The kids and I were coming out of panera and there was a car parked with 2 dogs in it. Ok owners. I walked in to ask what county we were in and get the number. I called and was reporting it and giving the car description as we were walking out to it. As I'm getting the kids Into the van and giving a description the owners came out. I got lots of dirty looks. I wanted to say something, but was petrified because the kids were with me. That panera had a drive thru even!!

I am glad I called. My oldest didn't really understand the problem until I turned off the ac, cracked the window, and let them sit for all of 2 minutes. 
  • Big debate in my state right now because a chapel that sits on the grounds of a public university has to remove the cross and bible from the building. It's still going to be a chapel, just not one dedicated to Christianity. This has people all up in their feelings with more people than I care to admit blaming the Muslims. Some days, I really hate my state.
  • edited June 2017
    @DrillSergeantCat Not what I meant or typed LOL. I swear, The TK response box is out to get me with the way it deletes portions of my messages. Bathing THE CAT* besides the usual.

ETA:
    OMG, it cut my response off again! 
    @banana468 My heart sank until I read it was a clean one. Then I laughed that relieved laugh.

• @DrillSergeantCat Not what I meant or typed LOL. I swear, The TK response box is out to get me with the way it deletes portions of my messages. Bathing THE CAT* besides the usual.

ETA:
    OMG, it cut my response off again! 
    @banana468 My heart sank until I read it was a clean one. Then I laughed that relieved laugh.

I'm crying!! I thought I'd read that you just finished Ramadan and so I thought maybe there was a bathing ritual for that. I feel like an ass. 
  • At work today. I'm so tired. I feel like my cat is out to ruin me. I work for the next three days, too. SO is checking on the kitten today and is going see if the vet can keep it for another day or two. 

• edited June 2017
    This thing isn't not letting me comment.