Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Ties for Groom/Groomsmen?

Hey everyone. 

I included a photo of my dress and my BM dresses. As you can see, two of them are a different color than the others. I'm wondering what color ties the groom and groomsmen should wear. I bought FH a burgundy tie that matches the majority of the BM dresses, but wasn't sure if that was the right way to go. I want all of the groomsmen in one color with FH in a different color. Should I just keep the burgundy tie for him and have the rest in the tan-ish color? Not sure what would look the best!! Or if I just had him in a different color and the rest in tan OR burgundy? 

P.S. They are all going to be in a SLATE BLUE suit. 

Re: Ties for Groom/Groomsmen?

• Options

I don't think it really matters. You can have everyone in the same coloured ties.

• Options

Hey everyone. 

I included a photo of my dress and my BM dresses. As you can see, two of them are a different color than the others. I'm wondering what color ties the groom and groomsmen should wear. I bought FH a burgundy tie that matches the majority of the BM dresses, but wasn't sure if that was the right way to go. I want all of the groomsmen in one color with FH in a different color. Should I just keep the burgundy tie for him and have the rest in the tan-ish color? Not sure what would look the best!! Or if I just had him in a different color and the rest in tan OR burgundy? 

Does he care/have an opinion? Since he's wearing it, I'd let him have the say in that decision.
  • Options

geebee908 said:

Hey everyone. 

Does he care/have an opinion? Since he's wearing it, I'd let him have the say in that decision.

He does not care.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    No rules on this.

If you/he wants to wear a different coloured tie than the GMs, if he's wearing burgundy, then have the GM wear tan. Or, GM can wear solid burgundy and FH wears a burgundy tie in a pattern.

Our wedding colours were navy, plum and lavender. The groom's side all wore navy blue suits. The GM wore plum ties. DH wore a lavender and white striped tie- his choice, he picked it out.
  • Options
    My DH wore the same color tie as all the groomsmen, but not the same exact tie.  The GM's were more of a matte solid color with no pattern, and DH was that color, but had a simple paisley type design on it.  Maybe something like that will help DH stand out a little (if that's what he wants) but still look coordinated and in the color that you want.