Michigan-Northern

Thinking of Eloping then Affirming Vows

My health issues, having to travel due to health issues to get a service dog, possible eye surgery, venue being sold...what I hoped for wedding wise IS not happening and I want to cry.  Thinking about asking him if it's possible to get married at the courthouse and after I get my health straightened out, affirming our vows to each other with a ceremony and party with our family and friends.  We already have the minister and he's ready and willing when we are, got the application to fill out, and the reason for the rush is two relatives almost died a few weeks ago and my sight is getting worse so I want to say I Do before I can't see him or something bad happens (Yes-I'm scared).  

Am I wrong to want this way? Should we call it off after all the plans (vendors are willing to postpone) or go with an elopement then affirmation ceremony after I get well.  This way, I have my service dog and the fear of things going wrong disappears.  
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards