Wedding Woes

Explain bralettes to me

2»

Re: Explain bralettes to me

• justsie said:
    Im a 36DDD and I finally found one that fits well and the cost was right (target for the win). I love it, but I don't wear it for support and I have to be aware that I may nip and be okay with it. I hope to find more, but being larger chested means there are less options out there for me. Sometimes its nice to not have to pick the battle between wires digging in and constraining sports bras. 
    My post surgery (34DD) go to bra has been this:

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/lounge-and-wireless/easy-plunge-bra?ProductID=313573&CatalogueType=OLS

It's not as flattering as a push up, or underwire bra, but it's more flattering than a sports bra and is so amazingly comfortable!

They also have a new push up bralette I'd like to try.
  • justsie said:
    Im a 36DDD and I finally found one that fits well and the cost was right (target for the win). I love it, but I don't wear it for support and I have to be aware that I may nip and be okay with it. I hope to find more, but being larger chested means there are less options out there for me. Sometimes its nice to not have to pick the battle between wires digging in and constraining sports bras. 
    My post surgery (34DD) go to bra has been this:

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/lounge-and-wireless/easy-plunge-bra?ProductID=313573&CatalogueType=OLS

It's not as flattering as a push up, or underwire bra, but it's more flattering than a sports bra and is so amazingly comfortable!

They also have a new push up bralette I'd like to try.

Thanks for the recommendation!  I seem to have hit bad luck with bras lately.  I just bought some new ones (same brand/model) about a month ago and, I've never had this happen before, but the first one caused a horrible rash the first time I wore it.  It looked like someone had taken sandpaper to a 1" wide section underneath my boobs.  So painful and awful.

I wore a tank top underneath one of my old, ratty bras while it healed.  And, even though it's better now, I've been paranoid and am still wearing that awkward configuration, lol.

Those are both cute and come in bigger sizes.  Always a shocker.  It is time I get over my fear and start wearing a normal bra again, lol.  I'll definitely try one of those out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks @kimmiinthemitten I haven's historically had any luck with victoria secret, last time I went in they tried to put me in a C cup (when I measured the next day I was a DDD......) I sometimes mistrust them because I have a poor history with their fitting staff. This may change my mind about giving it a shot before I judge again.