Wedding Woes

Just another manic Monday.

Morning all! How was everyone's weekend?

H is back, for good! He got back last night after closing up the house for the last time. She should be listed by the end of the day tomorrow. Bittersweet as I loved that house, but happy were all back in Buffalo. Tons of unpacking and organizing, but the apartment is starting to feel like we live there. 

Hows everyone else this morning?

Re: Just another manic Monday.

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2017
    @charlotte989875, glad your H is back what a relief to have the house all closed up and vibes for a quick sale
    @kimmiinthemitten, that sounds awesome and what a way to honor those people.  While I know you're not going with your hubby, I heard the U.P. was amazing.  I always wanted to go up there one day.
    @short+sassy, that sounds good. You want to ease back into work after a vacation :) 

Saturday was weird for me.  H went to work early in the morning and texted me that his friend was his conductor that day, and asked if it would be alright if he came to hang out after work.  I said sure.  I guess we should grill?

I don't think H knows what goes INTO prepping for a house guest.  I ran to three different stores to get the food, spent over $100 on groceries and drinks (had to make jell-o shots). Had to clean off the grill, marinate the chicken, prep the food and then clean the damn house.  It took all day! Then when he was off of work he said "looks like it's just me coming home.  He is tired and will take a rain check".  

I was a bit irritated, but I needed to clean my place anyway, so it was good motivation to get it done.  But I had a bunch of homechef meals I would have made had I known it was just H and I this weekend.  We did get to go see "atomic blonde' anyway. 

edit:  oh, and before i went to bed last night, I saw an ep of "curvy brides".  I didn't think I had dress remorse, but i had a dream that it was my wedding again, and my dress was way different, and I had less curves too.  Not sure what my dream was getting at.  I loved my dress! But I loved other dresses too.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    good luck today @sparklepants41 and congrats @southernbelle0915  
    @CharmedPam  that would be annoying about the friend not coming after all, although I guess a clean house is good

I have some sot of combo of migraine and possible sinus infection. I'm miserable and my face hurts. Trying some sudafed in hopes it works, if not I'll probably have to go to Urgent Care to try to get some meds because I can't take care of a baby feeling like this. 

• @charlotte989875 i am sure  you guys will find a place in buffalo you love just as much, maybe even the current place. Do you think you will buy a place there?

@CharmedPam I would be irritated too. Then I would get drunk off Jell-O shots. :)

my weekend end was boring but what evs. Last week was more than I usually do. Monday, I went to a Peruvian restaurant that had a live band that was awesome and we danced a bunch. Wednesday, friends and I went to a wine/ food tasting event and the food was Ah-mazing. Then a casual dinner out again on Thursday. 

DH gets home tomorrow night so I will get back to real life. Tonight is bourbon and Suits. :)
  • I'll post a photo later, but if you have me on instagram then you know - I did my tips purple! :) My mum has taken to calling me a unicorn because this has reopened pandora's box for colour lmao!

Friday - hair trimmed and tips done purple. Really good price and the girl is a total sweetheart and started playing with my hair. Legit best thing about giving stylists free reign lol! Afterwards my mum and I met up with M for Chinese food and chilled at home.

Saturday - original plan was to do running around, go do a makeup sesh for a photoshoot then head downtown.
    We didn't go. Ended up going to mall to pick up stuff - M's ring got fixed and I'm super happy in came in before our anniversary {2yrs tomorrow!!}
    Photoshoot got cancelled, which I didn't get too upset about. It gives the girl and I more time to go over what she wants. I've got a few ideas since she wants purples included.

We didn't go downtown because the crowds would have sent me into a panic attack and it's just not worth it. There's a bunch of videos. Yes I'm super disappointed I didn't see the machines - because I was super looking forward to it - but I would have been more upset if I made it downtown then had to leave. Knowing me, I would have tried to endure it and it would have just made it worse .... damn you anxiety.

Sunday - had my mum, M's mum and stepdad and a couple friends come over for a BBQ :) We're so not on top of hosting lmao! We really need to get plastic cutlery. Last minute M had to get paper plates lmfao Fuckkkk .... eventually we'll get it together ;)
  • also! Congrats @southernbelle0915 !! And L&D vibes for @sparklepants41  :)
  • Saturday went to a high school friend's one-year old's birthday party. It was at my friend's parent's super swanky house and everyone was dressed up except us because we were told it was a pool party. Well...they don't have a pool. H and I felt really out of place. This house, you guys! It was the most beautiful, but bland house I've ever seen. It just felt like a hotel; there were no real personal touches and it looked unlived in. I asked how long they'd lived there, expecting the answer to be a few weeks, and she says a year and half. 

Sunday, H had to work all day so me and the kittens went to my mom's. My mom and her super tight husband bought me lunch at a steakhouse. In the 13 years they've been married, this is probably the 3rd time they've paid for my meal. We went back to their house and she dug up some Mexican Petunias for me to take home. Went back home and planted them in the courtyard flower bed that is currently being used as the neighborhood stray cat litter box (gross).

It's my last week at my current job. My salesman is leaving Wednesday for a sales trip that he wasn't planning on taking for 2 more weeks because he says when I'm not here, business slows down. My boss still hasn't run an ad for my replacement. He doesn't think he needs to replace me...we'll see.
  • @lyndausvi happy birthday!  I think I would have pissed myself I was that close to a bear!

@drillsergeantcat some people just don't get it. 

@charmedpam I wish I could go too!  I mean, I was invited to, but I can't take the time off this week. I have an install tomorrow and am already taking Friday and Monday off. Friday to walk, Monday to die. I haven't been to the UP since I was a kid. 
  • @lyndausvi happy birthday!  I think I would have pissed myself I was that close to a bear!

@drillsergeantcat some people just don't get it. 

@charmedpam I wish I could go too!  I mean, I was invited to, but I can't take the time off this week. I have an install tomorrow and am already taking Friday and Monday off. Friday to walk, Monday to die. I haven't been to the UP since I was a kid. 
    I was more startled than anything.   I knew he lived up there, but no one had seen him yet this season.  

There was a young moose running around our neighborhood yesterday.  I wasn't here, but saw the pics.   I'm more scared of those.  Mama must have been around somewhere and they charge.  Plus mountain loins.  Haven't seen on yet and hope to keep it that way.   Black bears are not a too much of an issue.   I've seen them walk around downtown Aspen.   Leave them alone, they leave you alone.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten my new boss was at my party. She better be glad she didn't interview with her.

@lyndausvi I would have tears running down my leg. Beautiful pics again.

@kvruns If you end up going to urgent care, ask for a cortisone shot. You'll feel better in a few hours.

@sparklepants41 good luck with the delivery. You'll have your little squish so soon!

@MissKittyDanger I used to have a full head of pink hair. It's also been blue and purple. I miss it, but I can't have it anymore.
  • I'm dragging major ass since DH was up yakking last night.  He's better, but we're both tired.  He is taking his 'free pass' day to get some shit done.  He thinks it's something he ate.  I'm just glad everyone else has made it unscathed so far.  I'm knocking on all the wood just in case though. 

Weekend was all right.  Not too many things going on.  Lots of time to relax. 

I'm ready for a nap though. 

• @lyndausvi OMG at a bear!  There was a bear running loose around here over Memorial Day weekend, and while it was in Wooz's bestie's neighborhood, we never saw it.  Also, happy birthday!
  • @DrillSergeantCat  I've done every colour except green - only cuz it looks awful in my hair. I did blue with hesitant self but it didn't fade into grey, it turned teal :|
  • @lyndausvi - Happy Birthday!

@sparklepants41 - Happy Baby day!  Wishing you a smooth delivery! I was good until it was time to push!  I got so nervous because when I would be done pushing, then I had to be a mom to someone!  LOL!

• @OliveOilsMom "Mom just didn't call in time. They're on the list for October." A heads up would have been nice, though. You know a week ahead of time that there's not going to be a damn pool.
  • OH! I forgot. My friend who showed up to my party drunk isn't speaking to me. Except she sent a snapchat Friday that said, "So...congratulations on your new job. I interviewed there when I was with the temp agency, but they told me they hired someone else. I guess that was you." I texted her back that my friend is the one who did all the interviews for my position and she didn't interview you, so it must have been a different position. Y'all...I'm a degreed accountant. She has a GED. We were NOT interviewing for the same job.

I had a friend like that also.  She really liked this one position I had and would always ask if there were any openings.  And say stuff like, "That would be such a great job for me."

Not to be a snotty b**ch, I will be anyway lol, but it was insulting.  She wasn't even remotely qualified for the jobs I held during our friendship, which should have been obvious.  She hadn't worked in 13+ years and could barely turn on a computer.  But actually thought she could just waltz into positions I'd been working progressively upward toward since graduating from college?  Umm, no.  I tried to nicely tell her she needed to bulk up her computer skills for most of the positions out there nowadays.  Gave her resources for where she could do that for free.  But she never bothered (shrug).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @OliveOilsMom It's the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and it's residents are called Yoopers.  He's going to Sault Ste Marie, or the Soo, which is beautiful.  It's most known it's locks; a canal with boat transfer locks that manage boat transfers from Lake Superior to the lower Great Lakes.

Us Michiganders are so high on our state we have our own geography and just expect everyone else to follow along;).

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Last week was ultra relaxing- no kids, hikes, zip lines, rafting. This week is back to reality. School starts in 17 dayside myschedule has completely blown up. 

Most immediate conflict- 6let has soccer camp from 5:30-8:30 every night this week. Due to location, time, and traffic we need to leave at 4:30 every night. How do I feed my kid for this???  Right now I guess it's dinner at 4 and packing bananas and granola bars. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @kimmiinthemitten good luck with your walk. Dh's aunt is starting her second battle with breast cancer. 
  • @short+sassy I get it. I feel totally classist, but I get it. It's insulting that she thinks we're on the same level.
  • Well, let's see...a jury duty notice beginning during tax season which my boss will make me fight, and a rent payment fuckup by my managment company. On top of my having to pay a stop payment fee to straighten it out, the management company told me that it is going to charge me for its share of the fee and "it's non-negotiable." And it's their fuckup, but they tried to blame me for it.
  • Prayers for a smooth delivery and healthy BabyPants @sparklepants41

DS2 and his GF were home for the weekend. Her Mom and brother were in town so we met them (for the first time) for dinner. She is very nice. Church yesterday and brunch before they headed back to Ohio.

Today I had to take our girl doggie to the vet as a follow up from her issues last month. They are running some blood tests and scheduling an ultrasound. Apparently when she was at the emergency clinic last month, they noted her liver was slightly enlarged (news to me- our vet told me this morning). She is still a bit bloated and heavy in the stomach. I hope it isn't serious. DS2 will be devastated since she is "his puppy".  So this afternoon I'm just waiting to get the phone call for the ultrasound appointment.
  • @short+sassy I get it. I feel totally classist, but I get it. It's insulting that she thinks we're on the same level.

I am the same way with when someone calls themselves an "engineer" or an "accountant".  To me, those are very specific educational paths.  Yet I've met people who call themselves one of those and don't even have a B.S.  Much less in that major.

Haha, I WISH I could call myself an accountant and sit for the CPA exam.  CPAs can write their own ticket around these parts.  But it's not enough I majored in Business.  My emphasis specifically needed to be Accounting to sit for the CPA exam.

Way back when, I even looked to see if I could get a masters in Accounting.  But no.  I would still have to take my last two years of college to get the same degree in the SAME major I already had!  Just this time an emphasis in Accounting.  Nooooooooo way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker