Chit Chat
Options

Save your guests money

As a DIY bride I know how important it is to save money and that's why I was so excited to see Costco has a gift registry. Now my guests will be able to purchase off my list without breaking the bank.  :D  

Re: Save your guests money

• Options
    Lol not sure if my Costco does this, but if it was I'm pretty sure as a joke my husband would have put a kayak on the registry :P 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Wow.  I didn't realize Costco did registries.  They officially have everything lol.

Guests breaking the bank or not is on the couple, regardless of where you register.  It's important to register for gifts in a variety of price points, with plenty of less than $50 or less than $20 items.  One of the stores I registered at was Macy's, and I remember the weekend of Black Friday with all the crazy sales, almost everything was purchased.
    Yeah we also chose stores that often have sales or coupons AND that we liked the products at. I can't think of a ton of stuff at Costco to register for, but I mostly shop there for things like laundry soap & TP. Their stock also seems to rotate a bit, so that could be an issue depending on how far ahead of time the registry is created.
  • Options
    Lol not sure if my Costco does this, but if it was I'm pretty sure as a joke my husband would have put a kayak on the registry :P 
    I wouldn't have a problem with that if it's something you two like to do together. 
    If he didn't want to leave at 6am, I would go and hang out ... he's into fishing and that's what it'd be for lol
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Your Costco store should have a gift registry. I found this on their home page. I was shopping around creating a list for my weekend shopping trip. I was so shocked. Costco has everything that you need in one store. :)  
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Wow.  I didn't realize Costco did registries.  They officially have everything lol.

Guests breaking the bank or not is on the couple, regardless of where you register.  It's important to register for gifts in a variety of price points, with plenty of less than $50 or less than $20 items.  One of the stores I registered at was Macy's, and I remember the weekend of Black Friday with all the crazy sales, almost everything was purchased.
    Yeah we also chose stores that often have sales or coupons AND that we liked the products at. I can't think of a ton of stuff at Costco to register for, but I mostly shop there for things like laundry soap & TP. Their stock also seems to rotate a bit, so that could be an issue depending on how far ahead of time the registry is created.

I'm the same way.  I think it's great Costco has a registry and would shop there for someone else.  But the funny picture that popped in my head was registering for guacamole single serve mini cups and Jimmy Dean sausage sandwiches.  Some of my personal "go to" Costco items, lol.
    I would 100% buy guacamole as a gift, but it doesn't seem wedding-y enough. Maybe if it was wrapped fancy? ;) 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:

I'm the same way.  I think it's great Costco has a registry and would shop there for someone else.  But the funny picture that popped in my head was registering for guacamole single serve mini cups and Jimmy Dean sausage sandwiches.  Some of my personal "go to" Costco items, lol.
    I would 100% buy guacamole as a gift, but it doesn't seem wedding-y enough. Maybe if it was wrapped fancy? ;) 

In a basket, with some jars of a good red and a green salsa.  And a bag of tortilla chips (blue corn, to add more color).  Oh yeah!  At least that would be a great gift for me, lol.
    Don't forget the makings for a margarita!

Yes!  Now we are definitely in great wedding gift territory.  Add in a nice bottle of tequila and a bottle of mix.  Two pretty margarita glasses. 

Oooo...is there a blender on their registry?  Throw that in too! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

What's wrong with guac, yo?!?  ;)
    Maybe it's more I don't trust myself carrying a food gift while dressed up :wink:
  • Options
    Well, it's an assumption they even have a membership to save money.   The closest one to me is over an hour away.   Most people I know around here do not have a membership.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Register wherever you want, but I don't see how registering at Costco would save guests money. Usually, I buy a shower gift from the registry, if I'm invited and give a card with cash for a wedding wedding gift. The total budget doesn't vary depending on where the couple is registered.

• Options
    we didn't have a registry, but if we did:

https://www.dominosweddingregistry.com/

• Options

What's wrong with guac, yo?!?  ;)
    Maybe it's more I don't trust myself carrying a food gift while dressed up :wink:
    walking snack ;)
  • Options
    Don't you need a membership for Costco? Seems inconvenient to me.