Wedding Woes

Wonderful Wednesday

I was sitting on the couch, scrolling IG, waiting for the "I've landed" text from DH when he walked through the door. I love my alone time but the house feels happier now that he is home. he brought me candy from the US and ugly earrings from the Grand Canyon. :)

I have my riding lesson tonight, Dubai tomorrow and as much bcbc as we can fit in. Maybe Chinese for dinner?

whats up with you WW??

Re: Wonderful Wednesday

• @MissKittyDanger my dad always calls me around my birthday to wish me HBD invade he forgets the day of, lol.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Work is making me feel stupid.  I have had zero training on the new system and can't make it do what I need.  There are 3 training videos that I don't have access to.  Nobody seems to have access to them actually.  I know they asked my input eons ago, but they didn't explain how this was going to be used and they hadn't actually entered any information to show me what it would look like.  Now it's live and I'm fucked.  A group of interns did it and they go back to school soon too.

I had a ton of bratwurst leftover from the weekend so I made a double batch of bratwurst stew and froze it.  I'm ready for fall, but I need one more HOT week next week.  It's the last full week before school and I want the kids to spend it at the pool.

I'm also ready to get the info on teachers, coaches, schedules, my class list. 
  • I'm still in sandal mode over here! I love boots and fall, but I feel like all of my summer was taken up with interview and moving that I didn't get to enjoy it. Also when did August happen?!
    Same! We've had so much rain this summer that it barely feels like we've had summer :(
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    @missjeanlouise, I LOL'd at "ugly earrings from the grand canyon".  Glad DH is home!
    @Heffalump, work has picked up for me too. And my friend said the same thing.  Sounds positive all around.  I like being kept busy (I'm waiting for reports to run, which is why I'm knotting). 
    @MissKittydanger, you have tiger tiger ice cream, no?  I had H tasted it when he was in Winnipeg, and he LOVED It.  I remembered loving it from my childhood too.  Almost worth the $600 flight to Canada for tiger tiger ice cream! LOL.  Usually I'm the "funny" card writer in the house too!

Yesterday H and I went to see Dunkirk and then went out to Nando's Chicken after.  First time there.  I liked the food.  LOVED the freestyle drink machine (please, all restaurants -  get freestyle!) and really loved the fact that calories were indicated by food so I could plan and track my cals.  Super disappointed in the fact that they were out of fro yo.  Like more disappointed than I should be.

Now, on to Dunkirk.  Great movie and all, but I felt stupid and sorta lost through it.  I was able to follow it - I just don't remember much of my wwii facts.  Or to be honest - many historical facts.  I learn them.  They sink in for a bit (like if I need it for a test).  Then they go out.  I feel my memory is good with every day things I do, but as far as history goes, I really can't absorb and remember people, places and things.  Anyone else like this?

• PG only woke up twice last night and went right back to sleep after I gave her her pacifier! Apparently, Mouse woke up twice but I slept through it. I feel bad when I do that. 

I finally sold a dresser last night that I've been trying to sell for 2 or 3 months. It cleared up so much space in the garage. I have a wine fridge and a nightstand to sell so I need to get them listed. H said he's going to clean out the garage this weekend so he can park his truck in there. I'm not holding my breath.

SSDD otherwise.
  • @CharmedPam  do you mean Tiger Tail? M and his mum LOVE that kind lol
  • What is BCBC? 

SSDD over here. Just glad it's Wednesday. I have my annual evaluation at work today, so everyone pray that my self-important, curmudgeony boss sees some good in me! lol!
    *********************************************************************************

we call it tiger tiger.  Is it orange and licorice? it's probably the same thing....

we call it tiger tiger.  Is it orange and licorice? it's probably the same thing....
    Tiger tail is the actual name but yes same thing :) I hate licorice so I don't eat it.
  • I'm trying to WFH today but Rosie is posted up on my lap and doesn't want to move. I could lift a 57 lb dog but it is it necessary?
    It's a requirement when you WFH to have an animal nearby ;)
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @Heffalump, I just got an ad when scrolling on FB for $10 3-wick Leaves candles at Bath and Body Works.  I'm tempted and creeped out at the same time. 

::I always feel like somebody's watching meeeeeeeeeeee:: 
    I seriously just bought that. Yesterday when I was talking about spending too much on candles, that is one of the ones I bought...  <insert spooky ghost sounds>

• @mrsconn23 that is the weirdest thing! I think it's cookies?

I know it's cookies, but still...not a fan.  ;)
  • @DrillSergeantCat and @mrsconn23 I am so stupid. I was trying to figure out what leaf flavored cookie..... ooohh... d'oh!
  • kvruns said:
    @MissKittyDanger  I always give funny cards and his are usually the sweet/sappy kind
    M isn't the sappy kind of person, so typically I don't get him those kind. SOMETIMES there is a meaningful card that is funny and sweet. He's so hard to buy cards for *side eye*
  • mrsconn23 said:

@mrsconn23 that is the weirdest thing! I think it's cookies?

I know it's cookies, but still...not a fan.  ;)
    Yesterday, I grabbed that link from Overstock for the sheets and suddenly the ads next to my email were for sheets. I hate it. I just want real cookies. 

Speaking of real cookies...a friend of mine is starting a cookie truck. I had her peanut butter chocolate chip cookies this weekend and they had such a beautiful texture, not overly peanut buttery, perfectly cooked. I could have eaten a dozen.
  • @DrillSergeantCat Licorice is gross and therefore so is sambuca lol
    Cards are hard!!!

I also adore freestyle coke machines! Cherry vanilla coke - thank youuuuu!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @Heffalump, I just got an ad when scrolling on FB for $10 3-wick Leaves candles at Bath and Body Works.  I'm tempted and creeped out at the same time. 

I do not need anything from B&BW. I do not need anything from B&BW .....
  • mrsconn23 said:

I do not need anything from B&BW. I do not need anything from B&BW .....
    Counterpoint, Leaves is the best scent and will get you in the mood for fall, boots, bonfires, and spiked apple cider.  ;)