Wedding Woes

At least she asked the right question?

Dear Prudence,

I am in the middle of a divorce from my husband of almost 10 years. I had an affair with an out-of-state co-worker toward the end of my marriage and developed feelings for him. In the meantime, my co-worker has been off-and-on about the status of our relationship, and I ended up sleeping with a colleague during a work trip. I admitted to the incident and now my co-worker wants nothing to do with me. I am devastated. What is wrong with me?

—Idiot

Re: At least she asked the right question?

• That's a question you need to work out with the help of a counselor.
  • There are other fish outside the work pool. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2017
    This LW makes me sad.  :(  

She needs to speak with someone, but I also wonder about the status of her friendships.   She's definitely spiraling because of the chaos in her life and seeking comfort and acceptance wherever she can find it.  I hope she can help herself through counseling.  And maybe get a new job.  
  • Good lold this sounds exhausting. 

But in general if you're feeling bad about who you're sleeping with it times to stop sleeping with them. 
  • I'm picking up that LW is one of those people who always HAS to be with someone.  She needs counseling to learn how to be okay with just herself.  She isn't in a good place emotionally and needs to spend some time without being in a romantic relationship.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker