Wedding Etiquette Forum

ending friendship with MOH

Hi everyone! 
well this is my first post and I have no idea where to start. My discussion title is intense but I did fire and end my friendship with my MOH. We have been friends since high school and just last week I received a text from her saying "it has never been a friendship, I did not reciprocate anything, and she's been such a great friend to me." After that, I simply asked for the dress back that I paid for because I was already upset and wondered to myself, do I really want her apart of mine and my fiancé's big day? Well I kept texting her that we needed to talk asap but I got no response. I gave her a week and finally talked with her. I got no where, then she says I am shady, she does not know me anymore, and I simply told her good luck and walked away (officially end of friendship). In her mind she thinks she's being blamed, i don't know what for, but I just don't get the genuine friendship anymore. I do think she is jealous at the fact that I am moving on and I am not that 21 year old that I used to be. I guess weddings really show your true friends...

I will give her time, but will that solve anything?

thanks for listening!

Re: ending friendship with MOH

• Already replied to you on the other board.  p.s.  If you're posting on multiple boards, put XP in your title.
  • LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2017
    Hi everyone! 
    well this is my first post and I have no idea where to start. My discussion title is intense but I did fire and end my friendship with my MOH. We have been friends since high school and just last week I received a text from her saying "it has never been a friendship, I did not reciprocate anything, and she's been such a great friend to me." After that, I simply asked for the dress back that I paid for because I was already upset and wondered to myself, do I really want her apart of mine and my fiancé's big day? Well I kept texting her that we needed to talk asap but I got no response. I gave her a week and finally talked with her. I got no where, then she says I am shady, she does not know me anymore, and I simply told her good luck and walked away (officially end of friendship). In her mind she thinks she's being blamed, i don't know what for, but I just don't get the genuine friendship anymore. I do think she is jealous at the fact that I am moving on and I am not that 21 year old that I used to be. I guess weddings really show your true friends...

I will give her time, but will that solve anything?

thanks for listening!
    I answered you on the other board. 

You ended the friendship when you kicked her out of your wedding. There is nothing to solve. You did one of the cruelest things a bride can do. 

The only  thing I can suggest is being self-reflective about how you treat people, because from your post, I can see why you are perceived as a bad friend. 

Try to learn and mature from this.