Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Spotify for reception - start/end time of songs

Hi all - we plan to use Spotify premium for our reception music.  We plan to make multiple playlists and have them available on a few different devices and available offline (thanks for all the advice!).  My biggest concern is that you can't customize when you want a song to start/end on spotify - did anyone run into any issues with a song going too long, or not having an awesome beginning?  This is something that DJs have the ability to do - and I don't want anyone skipping ahead in the playlists (b/c that sounds weird and messes with the flow).  Just wondering if any of y'all who used Spotify ran into this - or any other issues that haven't already been addressed.

Thanks!!

Re: Spotify for reception - start/end time of songs

• Options
    Hi all - we plan to use Spotify premium for our reception music.  We plan to make multiple playlists and have them available on a few different devices and available offline (thanks for all the advice!).  My biggest concern is that you can't customize when you want a song to start/end on spotify - did anyone run into any issues with a song going too long, or not having an awesome beginning?  This is something that DJs have the ability to do - and I don't want anyone skipping ahead in the playlists (b/c that sounds weird and messes with the flow).  Just wondering if any of y'all who used Spotify ran into this - or any other issues that haven't already been addressed.

Thanks!!
    I didn't use Spotify (had a DJ), but sounds like you're covering your bases. In terms of songs going to long, make sure you get the right version (no extended cuts) and listen through the playlist a few times to make sure the transitions are what you're looking for. You can also password protect whatever device is running the playlist so no one can make changes or skip ahead. 

As doe intros, I've been to tons of weddings without big introductions and i definitely don't think they're weird. You can your FI can just walk into the reception and start mingling with guests. You may want to find a way (mic maybe?) to announce dinner, but other than that I think you'll be set. 
  • Options
    Thanks so much :)