Wedding Woes

TGI....Long Weekend!

It's here, it's here!

I'm playing hooky this afternoon.  There's a huge food, music and art festival here every Labor Day Weekend and my BFF and I take her mom every Friday afternoon "before it gets too busy."  We typically go multiple times a weekend, it's a lot of fun.

Sunday, I'm working a wedding.  Other than that....yay long weekend!

Oh and happy  Eid al-Adh for all who celebrate!

Re: TGI....Long Weekend!

• Yayyyy long weekend!!

@kimmiinthemitten  is this one of those "official end of summer" kind of festivals? Regardless, should be fun :)

@charlotte989875  Stag & Baptism should be fun at least :)

Had a bit of a melt down last night while doing groceries. I was already irked I went over budget but there was a few things we needed that we typically don't get - like a veggie tray, hot dog & burger stuff, oven baking pan - so I guess it could have been worse.
    Then we had the slowest cashier ever. Then we ran out of bags {my bad} and we still had a bunch of things left ...
    Lady: "Do you have anymore bags?"
    Me: No sorry.
    Lady: Do you want a bag?
    Me: .... yes :|
    *in my head* no, I'm going to carry that large arm load around instead. YES I WANT A FUCKING BAG.

So I was in a cranky mood. Then whole way to the car I was trying to just not be in a bad mood, and have you ever tried that? It never works.
    M was trying to be funny, but I snapped at him to tell him to stop and I was not in the mood. He caught on pretty quick.

After we pack up the car, M asks what's wrong .... and then after awhile I was in tears. I mean I'm frustrated, tired, sore and have zero understanding on what's happening.
    It's just starting to get to me I guess.

When we got home, we just sat together and M put on funny youtube vids to try and cheer me up. I did apologize because I get he's probably frustrated - which in the moment of me being upset in my head, he has no idea and how could he be frustrated!? Hindsight, yes I get it. I'm not always a bitch to him, I swear lol

Tonight is low key. I'm picking some possible xmas gifts at B&BW, M is meeting me and we're going to home depot and then tonight and tomorrow is serious cleaning since Sunday we're having family over.
    It's suppose to rain so we're anticipating having it inside - which will heavily suck :(
  • @MissKittyDanger I've done the same snap/cry/apologize many times over hanger.  I feel you girl.  I hope you get answers, and some relaxation soon.  What happened to your pedi?

And yes, it's an annual Labor Day event in metro-Detroit.  I'm going to spend a lot of money LOL.
  • @mrsconn23, that's fantastic and about time! 

• @kimmiinthemitten  I still have to book it but it's def happening :) My mum said she's gonna pay for it since I'm having it done on my bday.
    I've been horrible for that. Luckily M understands and I always say I'm trying not to be rude but.... which he knows I'll like say something mean lol

@mrsconn23  YAYYYY!!! THAT'S AMAZING NEWS!!! :D
  • @mrsconn23, that is AWESOME!  you go and celebrate. Happy for you guys!
    @Kimmiinthemitten, sounds fun! I mean, food at the fest?  can't go wrong there!
    @charlotte989875, thanks for the ideas.  I have a baptism for a boy and girl this month and need ideas
    @misskittydanger, I think we can all say we get like that sometimes.  Me too.  the important part is you have an understanding hubby to get through these times with.

I really really hope our boss lets us out at 2.  Typically it's around 3 on a day before a holiday, but sometimes our boss let's us out even before that.  I hope today is one of those days.  Also, I hope no one expects me to work today? 

Tonight is dinner with H, and we'll probably be to tired for a movie.  Home to watch more shameless.  Tomorrow or Sunday will be a matinee and bbq and then Monday we're going to try ONE more stab at getting to the renaissance faire.  If we don't make it, oh well.  It was not meant to be.  Monday is the last day for it so I'll have another 3 months next year to try to make it. lol.

• @CharmedPam  Oh I'm insanely lucky when he gets it when I fly off the handle like that :') I tell him often ;)

What's the matinee? I've always wanted to go to a renaissance faire :) they seem neat, so hopefully you can go and I'll live vicariously through you ;)
  • @mrsconn23 that is awesome news! Y'all should go out and celebrate this weekend!
    Image result for woohoo gif
    *********************************************************************************

• Yay for Mr Conn!  Super good news!

MKD - I had many of those moments before.  It was at its worse when I was taking some hormone pills before I was even pregnant! 

Lynda - Great news for your mom.  I hope she continues to get well, even if its just a little each day!

Last night H & I were able to get the lawn mowed at my parents house.  I didn't get to leave work until 5:30, so we didn't get there until 7 after eating dinner and my commute home.  And we forgot the gas can for our mower, which cut out after a few minutes.  I was at least able to find an empty gas can in my parents shed, so I went up and got some gas.  My weedwhacker batteries died pretty quick, so I worked at pruning some bushes in the back yard. Once H made it to the backyard, I took over mowing for a bit.  The backyard was the worse part, by far.  But its done at least.

Not sure what will be going on this weekend.  Tomorrow its supposed to be a wash out, so we will do some indoor tasks, like molding and painting.  We will probably go to Rodizio for dinner since H's birthday groupon expires on Sept 6th.  MIL already agreed to watch DD, so it will be a nice date out. 

We are getting out at 3 today, but I might leave at 1:30 instead of taking a lunch.  Gotta see if there are any attorneys still here after lunchtime!

Have a fabulous long weekend to all, in case I don't get back here!

• short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017

@kimmiinthemitten, that food/music/art fest sounds awesome!  Have fun.

@charlotte989875, sounds like a fun weekend!  Baptisms are always so sweet.

@MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry you had a bad night, last night.  I hope you are feeling better today and this weekend.  I know the baby question is adding anticipation stress, try to distract yourself from that as much as you can.  I know, easier said than done!

@mrsconn23, that is wonderful news!!!  I know you and your H have bene frustrated with his job for a long time.  I'm so glad he found a better opportunity.

@CharmedPam, good luck for an early day ;)

@VarunaTT, it happens way too rarely that I forget a day off is coming up.  But I hear ya, it feels like winning the lottery when it happens, lol.

@lyndausvi, I'm glad your mom is out of the ICU and at least resting now.  I hope her recovery starts to go more smoothly.

@OliveOilsMom, date night sounds fun!  Good luck on getting out early!

There has been no grocery shopping since we returned from our trip.  So that is the big "must" for today.  We've been scrounging the pantry for the last few days and that is not a pretty sight, lol.

I have decided Sunday will be a mimosa day at home.  Bottle of champagne is already chilling in the fridge and OJ is on the grocery list.

Overall, we don't really have any plans.  But there is a lot of stuff/organizing to get done at the house, so I'm going to try and take the opportunity of a long weekend to actually get some things done.  However, I know myself well, and am not holding my breath, lol.

Oh!  My H replaced our kitchen sink last night.  It broke the day before we were leaving on vacation.  Of course, lol.  It still worked, but we had to take the aerator out.  Unfortunately, I wasn't consulted on this repair and he picked a sink I don't care for.  I guess he figured it's a sink...it doesn't matter.  He was wrong, lol.

Overall, it's okay.  But I hate the plastic indicators for hot/cold water that are actually colored red and blue.  He said we can switch them out.  I hope so because I think they look tacky.  I just want the whole sink to be the same silver color, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker