Wedding Woes
Options

Beyond pissed off

DH is driving and I'm chilling,  practicing for my chance to be on Carpool Karaoke when I stumble upon this....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1669671893065914&id=570092813023833

WHAT THE FUCK?!!?!?!  I've always loathed Matt Walsh, but this is a new low, even for him.   I'm not as upset about his gender role comments as I am about him using this picture from Harvey rescue efforts.   How can one stoop so low as to exploit courage to make a statement about gender roles?  I wish I had captured a picture of me and the wheelbarrow I used to haul debris out of a house.  Oh no!  A woman doing manual labor for a house owned by a man (I later met his wife, but at the time, it was just him looking bewildered at the destruction of his home. 

Grrrr.  Okay, back to road trip. 

Re: Beyond pissed off

• Options
    What an asshole!  
    I hope you and all the TX knotties are okay! 
  • Options
    One of my conservative "christian" friends reposted that the other day and I had take a breath because it made me so angry. Everything about it is just wrong. I'm so disgusted that he would take such a painful situation and try to make an asinine political statement.  I can't stand him. 

• Options
    That is a brilliant response, @charlotte989875! Pity that the asshole who posted the original will never read it.
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, pass this on to your friend ...

• Options
    I made the mistake of reading the comments.  :s:s:s:s:s:s:s
  • Options
    I made the mistake of reading the comments.  :s:s:s:s:s:s:s

Nooooooooooooo @OurWildKingdom never read the comments!!!! 

Anyway, I'd never heard of Matt Walsh before, and this isn't a good introduction. I see absolutely no value in politicizing this heartbreaking photo. Heroes are heroes whatever their gender, and this was just unnecessary and stupid. 
  • Options
    Matt Walsh is an ass
  • Options
    Ugh.  I saw the Matt Walsh and Church Militant posts.    

They are people and organizations I simply will not respect ever.
  • Options
    I wish the 'things Matt Walsh is wrong about today" site hadn't been abandoned.

He must have been so disappointed when his friend Dough Phillip (who is a tool)'s Titanic society (which was built on all of this gentlemanly shit) crashed and burned because Doug made his nanny his sex slave...
    It's just this shit brings to mind all of the ways this is 'the plan', but how, realistically, people are assholes, so making us dependent on them is stupid.