Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Howdy!  How was the long weekend?

Ours was great.  We had a wonderful time camping.  

Now we are trying to not go crazy waiting on the official offer letter.   DH is off today.  He was told that it would be sent today.  We're both silently going bonkers because we're both anxious AF. 

Re: Tuesday

• FX for you guys, @mrsconn23, the anticipate must be irritating!

I did nothing this weekend.  We got out early on Friday, so H and i found a Chinese buffet near his place for dinner.  The fried food was really good. The beef and broccoli and unfried dishes were your typical Chinese buffet food. Bot great.  Not horrible.
    Saturday was farmers market day where I stoked up on beef and sausage to last me awhile and then H and I grilled and watched movies.
    Sunday was sleep sleep sleep.  I cooked dinner and did a mini workout (very mini)
    and even Monday was sleep sleep sleep.  We rented Stephen King's IT to refresh our memory before seeing the remake but I fell asleep through it.  It's 3 hours and 7 minutes long.  I cannot concentrate that long.  Hopefully the remake is NOT 3 hours.

• We did a lot of playing this weekend. . . . DS is at an age where he is go, go, go, go.  DH was working on a bunch of finishing projects at the house.  He put a ton of shelving in the laundry room, which is awesome because I love being organized.

DS decided that 4:30 was a good time to wake up today (usually it's 6:30-7).  He was screaming bloody murder, so we actually thought something was wrong.  When I go into his room he was happy, smiling, playing, not going back to sleep anytime soon.  We hung out, watched a show, went for a drive, got a cup of coffee at McDonalds for me and DH. . . . I drank both!

Now he's at daycare and I'm at work after sitting in construction traffic for 40 minutes (it should be a 5 minute drive).  I'm still exhausted, everyone here is bitching about the traffic too, so I've heard the same thing from everyone over and over and over.  Also, we have a phone that is passed from person to person each week so someone is always on call.  It's my week, and the woman who handed it off to me informed me that the charger is missing and the 3 people before her who she asked hadn't seen it either.  Ok, great. . . . everyone is too lazy to call and get a replacement from tech services, they'll just complain that it's missing.

I feel like everything is going to annoy me today, and I forgot to bring lunch, and don't really want to go back out into construction hell at lunchtime to grab something. . . . maybe i'll walk downtown.

• Weekend was ok.  Soccer tournament was bad, but yet again I got stuck next to the asshole parent.  He reamed out the coach after the first game and again before the third- in front of the kids as they were trying to warm up.  He kept going on about "setting the kids up for success" and "they aren't aggressive because they're tired."  His kid wasn't aggressive in the first 5 minutes of the first game.  Soccer success isn't always about winning the game.  Kid success is about smiling faces and his kid was smiling.

Monday was just relaxing- playground and ice cream and video games.
  • @mrsconn23  glad you had fun and letter vibes so it comes today ;)

@CharmedPam  Apparently the remake is really close to the original - at least that's what the critics are saying.
    Do you know how long the new IT will be?

So good news bad news - needless to say an interesting weekend.

Bad news - got my period. So not pregnant.
    Good news - I spoke with my dr and she figures what happened is that baby was conceived but didn't implant. Basically I was pregnant until my period came.
    The good part about that, is that it's not uncommon to happen, and that could mean it'll actually happen soon.

Weekend was good though. Spent a lot at Bath & Body Works, but saved A LOT. Got a few gifts and found a few gift ideas that I wanted to run by my mum before picking it up.

Saturday M was at the range, so I was cleaning up since family was coming over Sunday.
    I broke 2 toes.
    What happened was, I had boxes on the floor to have M bring to the basement. Went to reach and get something, then must have mis-stepped. I could feel my toes {last 2 btw} bending backwards, but I was also about to fall face first into the tile. Quick decision - let my toes break and protect my face, or risk hurting myself really bad and not break my toes?
    As annoying as this is, I feel I made a good decision.

Sunday went well. It rained, and unfortunately that meant M had to BBQ in the rain but it turned out well.
    My cake said "Happy 2nd 29th" ;)

Monday we did bare minimum. We both slept in, and then M make breakfast sausages while we watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt1
    He did some work on the workbench, I tidied up and then sat with my foot iced and elevated.
    M started rereading the Harry Potter series, so we spent evening basically reading lol

@CharmedPam  Apparently the remake is really close to the original - at least that's what the critics are saying.

Good news - I spoke with my dr and she figures what happened is that baby was conceived but didn't implant. Basically I was pregnant until my period came.
    The good part about that, is that it's not uncommon to happen, and that could mean it'll actually happen soon.

Weekend was good though. Spent a lot at Bath & Body Works, but saved A LOT. Got a few gifts and found a few gift ideas that I wanted to run by my mum before picking it up.

Saturday M was at the range, so I was cleaning up since family was coming over Sunday.
    I broke 2 toes.
    What happened was, I had boxes on the floor to have M bring to the basement. Went to reach and get something, then must have mis-stepped. I could feel my toes {last 2 btw} bending backwards, but I was also about to fall face first into the tile. Quick decision - let my toes break and protect my face, or risk hurting myself really bad and not break my toes?

Sunday went well. It rained, and unfortunately that meant M had to BBQ in the rain but it turned out well.

Monday we did bare minimum. We both slept in, and then M make breakfast sausages while we watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt1
    He did some work on the workbench, I tidied up and then sat with my foot iced and elevated.
    M started rereading the Harry Potter series, so we spent evening basically reading lol
    Google search says 2. 15 minutes.  I can handle that.

Sorry you didn't get the results you want, but the "good news" you wrote down is very true.  I've heard of a few friends that had that happen. 

I broke 2 toes.

Google search says 2. 15 minutes.  I can handle that.

Sorry you didn't get the results you want, but the "good news" you wrote down is very true.  I've heard of a few friends that had that happen. 
    I was asking about IT because M heard about a 3hr movie but couldn't find anything, and figured maybe it was that.

Yeh, we're hopeful but I'm not holding my breath anymore
  • Long weekend was good.  Friday night we went out, for the first time in awhile.  I ended up running into a dear old friend, who probably isn't going to be so dear and such a great friend anymore.  That's okay, we all change and sometimes friendships don't last.

Saturday was spent recovering and sleeping.  I slept so much this weekend.  Sunday I finally conquered Laundry Mountain Range.  We still have a few clothes to put away, but 95% of everything is hanging in the closet or in drawers again.  I can walk through the bedroom and closet w/out stumbling over piles of clothes.  I also rage cleaned the bathroom and got some Pride 2017 stuff finally finished.  I nearly rage-quit leading Pride 2018.  I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do just yet.  My sense of duty is overriding my fuck-it-all, but I'm not sure how long that's actually going to work.

Monday we ran a few errands for K and her upcoming give up pageant.  Then snuggles and watching Nurse Jackie until K went to work.  K has switched to working overnights, which has a lot of benefits, but still sucks.  
  • Long weekend was great.   A lot of relaxing.  I got a few things done around the house, but not nearly as much as I should have.  As usual, lol.  I came down with a bad cold on Friday.  Even had a bit of a fever.

But took some "No Time For Colds" and that almost immediately knocked it out.  If you all have never tried it, it is miracle working!  If you take it within a few hours of your first symptoms, it will stop the cold in its tracks.  Though it is substantially less effective for a cold that has already set in for a day or two.  I haven't been able to find it for a long time in my area, but it's sold on Amazon.  Here is a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Colds-Multi-Symptom-Remedy-Lozenges/dp/B00MFXXL2Y/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1504624003&sr=8-1&keywords=no+time+for+colds

Our grill/smoker gave out around the beginning of summer.  We've been on a hunt since and were finally successful this weekend.  Home Depot had 15% off their grills, which put it just under the max. amount we had wanted to pay ($300).  Previously, we just weren't finding what we wanted that was also durable/good quality and under the budget we set.  We'd almost resorted to buying a grill and a smoker separately.  There just aren't many options in the "combo" version.

Unfortunately, their stores don't carry this particular grill, in stock.  And it won't be delivered for about 2 weeks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry to hear you're not pregnant like you all were hoping.  But that sounds like a great explanation from your doctor.  I'm also sorry to hear you broke two toes.  Yikes!  Lame.

Happy late birthday!  The cake M got for you sounds perfect.  When I turned 39, I joked to my H that we were celebrating the 10th anniversary of my being 29.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875, cute baby!  Glad the baptism went well.
    @varunatt, yeah, my H has not only "overnights" but can get called at any hour of the day or night.  He has 1st, 2nd, 3rs shifts.  I feel ya.  It makes planning for stuff really really difficult. 
    @short+sassy, I've been having this wicked cough for the past few weeks. I usually take airborne when symptoms come into play, but it hasn't been working. I'm going to try that! 

• @CharmedPam Hers will be more consistent than that and she can refuse PRN hours.  It's M-F, 10 pm - 8 am (though she's going to ask to switch to S-Thursday instead).  It supports her school, derby, and drag schedule, as well as taking some anxiety about money and an ever changing schedule off of her plate.  I mean, it sucks for us, but it hits the box in so many others ways, we'd be doing a disservice if she didn't accept it.  We'll manage, though I did pout a bit after she left last night.  :smile:
  • @VarunaTT , I get it.  I suppose you have a 8-5 job too?  That's like me.  Sometimes, my H will get in at 8 a.m. and I've already left for work.  When I get back at 5,  he gets called for work around that time.  Sometimes we have 10 minutes to say Hi and Bye!  But it really makes us appreciate the time we DO have together.  

• @CharmedPam Yep.  I figure she'll be sleeping when I'm away, and then we can make sure to do dinner together at least.  It's not great b/c Tuesday/Thursday she will have derby almost right after I get home.  But, it's just what has to happen for now to support all of the other different needs.  *sigh* 
  • @short+sassy  yeh, we're hopeful going forward.
    I actually thought the cake would say "Happy 29th Birthday - round 2" because we joked about that :')

@charlotte989875  omg what a cutie!
  • I was out last week on vacation - took the baby to visit the in laws in CA. CA had record heat last week so it was a bit miserable and we were on the go a ton so it was exhausting. Took the babies (B has 2 cousins also born last year who live out there) to Disneyland, which was an annoying cluserf*ck but I did get his picture with Mickey, Minnie and Goofy so I guess that was a win. 

I was so happy to go back to work today and take him to daycare so I could get a break. He's been so clingy lately and I do pretty much all baby care so it is tough. 
  • We had a pretty good weekend aside from the 112 degree heat. Our hotel room never got cooler than 78 which was a bummer. But we had great food, nice massages, and we hung out at the pool. 

Our kitties are sick. They got antibiotic shots on Friday but I don't know if it's helping. My mom watched them all weekend so it's hard to gauge after only a few hours back. I'm at work today and then I have school tomorrow. Then I work five days in a row. I'm dreading it. I already can't wait to move on to the next step in my career. 

• flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    @MissKittyDanger- In reading your posts before, I actually thought that's what was going on, but didn't have enough information about the timeline to say "Oh you might have a luteal phase defect" - which is where the time post-ovulation but pre-period isn't long enough for baby to implant. That's not the only reason implantation wouldn't happen, but it's common especially with major hormonal changes (like getting off BP, or being postpartum). The hormonal changes never pose the same issues for everyone, and if that does occur the LP usually just takes a few cycles to lengthen back out.

I'm sorry you're not pregnant, and glad you're hopeful. Best of luck to you in the next few cycles :)
  • I feel like all our customers and clients have taken the whole week off.  I'm sitting here at my desk planning fake vacations and finding things to google search.

• How is it already September!?!

The weekend was nice.   I took the kids in a local corn maze Saturday to get out while DH mowed the lawn.   Saturday afternoon I shopped with DD to get ready for having people over on Sunday.   DS' birthday was the 30th and FIL's b day is today.   We had the co grandparents over plus my aunt and uncle to celebrate.  I'm lucky that my mom made potato salad, MIL made a green salad and my aunt made a bean salad so it left us to grill and have dessert.   It was a lot of fun and both men were happy birthday boys.

Monday we cleaned up and DH took the boat out.   I was prepared to be on it until DS FLIPPED OUT.  Some day that boy will like it but in the meantime he screams.  
  • @MissKittyDanger- In reading your posts before, I actually thought that's what was going on, but didn't have enough information about the timeline to say "Oh you might have a luteal phase defect" - which is where the time post-ovulation but pre-period isn't long enough for baby to implant. That's not the only reason implantation wouldn't happen, but it's common especially with major hormonal changes (like getting off BP, or being postpartum). The hormonal changes never pose the same issues for everyone, and if that does occur the LP usually just takes a few cycles to lengthen back out.

I'm sorry you're not pregnant, and glad you're hopeful. Best of luck to you in the next few cycles :)
    I actually never heard of it until it happened to myself but apparently it's not uncommon. My dr said it's a lot easier on the body {physically and mentally} than having a miscarriage.

Basically if it happens again, we're not holding out breath again lol
  • I feel like all our customers and clients have taken the whole week off.  I'm sitting here at my desk planning fake vacations and finding things to google search.

I wish everyone else on the road had taken this week off.  But rush hour this morning was at its usual.

I have a coworker who came in just today, but is taking the rest of the week of.  He has monthly reports he needs to get out today.  I strongly suspect he wouldn't be here, if it weren't for that.  I supply him with info for some of them and he targeted me Friday to please, please, please get him that info asap today, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @levioosa  poor critters :( 

@mrsconn23  Yayyyy :

@OliveOilsMom  hahaha that's what I keep hearing! I keep saying "easier said than done" lol :P 
    I will be calm. I will be zen.
  • and I just learned that MIL ordered our son a play kitchen that is way to expensive and way to big for our house.  It is 5.5 feet long. . . it's going to take up all available wall space in his bedroom and require me to rearrange his toy bins.  I am sure he'll love it, but I'm annoyed that she doesn't respect my desire not to have a zillion toys covering every inch of the house.  I would be ok with her getting him a smaller, more reasonable one.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    kaos16 said:
    and I just learned that MIL ordered our son a play kitchen that is way to expensive and way to big for our house.  It is 5.5 feet long. . . it's going to take up all available wall space in his bedroom and require me to rearrange his toy bins.  I am sure he'll love it, but I'm annoyed that she doesn't respect my desire not to have a zillion toys covering every inch of the house.  I would be ok with her getting him a smaller, more reasonable one.
    Have you talked to her about this?  Maybe she would like to change her order for something that would work better for all of you?  I always check with DD before I buy anything for the grandkids.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    kaos16 said:
    and I just learned that MIL ordered our son a play kitchen that is way to expensive and way to big for our house.  It is 5.5 feet long. . . it's going to take up all available wall space in his bedroom and require me to rearrange his toy bins.  I am sure he'll love it, but I'm annoyed that she doesn't respect my desire not to have a zillion toys covering every inch of the house.  I would be ok with her getting him a smaller, more reasonable one.
    Have you talked to her about this?  Maybe she would like to change her order for something that would work better for all of you?  I always xhexk with DD before I buy anything for the grandkids.
    The great grandma of DD/SIL did something similar.  The kitchen is incredible, complete with "glass tile" back splash.  However, it is a behemoth of a play set, and took HOURS to put together!  The kids do enjoy it, but would have been more than satisfied with a more moderate play set.

I swear the toys breed in their little cubby bins. They seem to have so many.  We have been trying hard to steer away from toys.  Many of our gifts for the grandbabies have been either educational (paying for preschool), recreational (paying for swim/dance/art lessons), or experiential (taking them to Disney on Ice, Sesame Street Live, Children's Theater, Children's Museum, etc.).  We will get something small so they have a tangible to open, but it has been working out well for us.