Wedding Woes

Thirsty Thursday

2»

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• It would probably be easier for me to list the upbeat pop tunes from the '80s and '90s that I DON'T have an urge to get up and dance to, lol.
    100% same

Although I am guilty for "Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston more than typical .... 
    I just wanted to say I love your sig GIF :-)
    Thank you. It's my spirit animal because that is how I answer the door when home alone - or forced to do it because M is lazy and/or busy.
    Pallas cat ;) Google. They're magical creatures.

Thanks for providing the name.  I just looked them up on Wiki.  It said they are about the size of a domestic cat.  Which, to me, just makes them even cuter that they are a small wild cat.  So much fuzzy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It would probably be easier for me to list the upbeat pop tunes from the '80s and '90s that I DON'T have an urge to get up and dance to, lol.
    100% same

Although I am guilty for "Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston more than typical .... 
    I just wanted to say I love your sig GIF :-)
    Thank you. It's my spirit animal because that is how I answer the door when home alone - or forced to do it because M is lazy and/or busy.
    Pallas cat ;) Google. They're magical creatures.

Thanks for providing the name.  I just looked them up on Wiki.  It said they are about the size of a domestic cat.  Which, to me, just makes them even cuter that they are a small wild cat.  So much fuzzy!
    I did some research because they're such an expression loaded animal. They would not be good domesticated. Damn. lol
  • Ugh, work is on my last nerve today.  Had another crappy phone call.  Then, doing a long delayed case review on some cases transferred to me.

One case, find a lien that is recorded in the lien screen.  Spend an hour looking for documentation, finally give up and e-mail last co-worker who worked on it.  "You added this note on X date, I cannot find the documentation for that, can you please tell me where it is?"  

i get back some paragraph long thing that says "we don't have the documentation, I record that there as a placeholder."  This would've been fine and told me what I needed.  But nooooooooooooooooope, she keeps going and tells me what i need to do, in like...delineated terms, index numbers, and bossiness, down to "here's where to find the address".

Um, no.  Usually I let things like that slide, but I don't care for this woman's attitude (this isn't the first time she's done this exact thing to me).  I e-mailed her back and said, "Yes, I know how to do my job.  There was information that was recorded like it was a fact and I was trying to find the documentation.  Now that I know there isn't any, I will proceed appropriately."

She e-mail me back, "I didn't mean to offend you, in case you took it that way." 

Don't try to throw it back on me, woman.  Not today.

• MATH LADIES I NEED HELP!!!

How does one calculate interest on total debt?
    Like we owe X amount with 6% interest monthly .... how do I get how much the 6% total is?
  • Lala9414 said:

I'm on day 9 of working 11 days straight on top of going to school 2 nights a week. I'm going for phlebotomy and I'm currently taking an anatomy and physiology class so I feel like with work and school I haven't slept much this week. I'm dragging today and no amount of coffee is helping
    Wow. I'm exhausted just reading that @Lala9414.  I have on full time job, 40 hrs a week.  The rest of it is filled up by tv and deciding if I'm going to work out or not.

• edited September 2017
    VarunaTT said:
    PERFECT!!! Thank youuuuu

edit: *hugs* <3
  • Lala9414 said:

I'm on day 9 of working 11 days straight on top of going to school 2 nights a week. I'm going for phlebotomy and I'm currently taking an anatomy and physiology class so I feel like with work and school I haven't slept much this week. I'm dragging today and no amount of coffee is helping
    Wow. I'm exhausted just reading that @Lala9414.  I have on full time job, 40 hrs a week.  The rest of it is filled up by tv and deciding if I'm going to work out or not.
    lol I do the same when I don't have class, "I should probably work out, but this show on netflix just got interesting" and I usually don't work out! lol
  • @Lala9414 Welcome and happy bday! @Jen4948 and I are also Virgos :)
    You sound like my coworker lol 2 young kids, plus taking school, plus working full time. You sound exhausted woman! Go sleep
  • Lala9414 said:

We are such kindred spirits, lol!

I was just thinking the other day, "You know, I think I'd really do a LOT more cooking.  Fun and fancy recipes I'd love to try...if only I had an open concept where I could watch tv, hang out with my H, and cook all at the same time."

Flip shows (grumble, grumble).  They make it look so easy.  Knock down a wall...BOOM...open concept.  Our only bathroom AND a small bedroom are between our living room and kitchen.  We would basically have to gut the middle of our house, totally reconfigure the plumbing/electrical, and start over.

So I just stick to meals that don't take a lot of boring preparation, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTT said:
    Ugh, work is on my last nerve today.  Had another crappy phone call.  Then, doing a long delayed case review on some cases transferred to me.

One case, find a lien that is recorded in the lien screen.  Spend an hour looking for documentation, finally give up and e-mail last co-worker who worked on it.  "You added this note on X date, I cannot find the documentation for that, can you please tell me where it is?"  

i get back some paragraph long thing that says "we don't have the documentation, I record that there as a placeholder."  This would've been fine and told me what I needed.  But nooooooooooooooooope, she keeps going and tells me what i need to do, in like...delineated terms, index numbers, and bossiness, down to "here's where to find the address".

Um, no.  Usually I let things like that slide, but I don't care for this woman's attitude (this isn't the first time she's done this exact thing to me).  I e-mailed her back and said, "Yes, I know how to do my job.  There was information that was recorded like it was a fact and I was trying to find the documentation.  Now that I know there isn't any, I will proceed appropriately."

She e-mail me back, "I didn't mean to offend you, in case you took it that way." 

Don't try to throw it back on me, woman.  Not today.

These "whoops, sorry you were offended" apologies are such BS. I'm glad you stood up for yourself!
  • Lala9414 said:

We are such kindred spirits, lol!

I was just thinking the other day, "You know, I think I'd really do a LOT more cooking.  Fun and fancy recipes I'd love to try...if only I had an open concept where I could watch tv, hang out with my H, and cook all at the same time."

Flip shows (grumble, grumble).  They make it look so easy.  Knock down a wall...BOOM...open concept.  Our only bathroom AND a small bedroom are between our living room and kitchen.  We would basically have to gut the middle of our house, totally reconfigure the plumbing/electrical, and start over.

So I just stick to meals that don't take a lot of boring preparation, lol.

And then there's times when i have SO MUCH ENERGY at work, and I sit there and can't wait to cook a meal and jump on the dreadmill.

And then I come home, look around and we go out to eat because I'm just not feeling it anymore. 

• Lala9414Lala9414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2017
    @Lala9414 Welcome and happy bday! @Jen4948 and I are also Virgos :)
    You sound like my coworker lol 2 young kids, plus taking school, plus working full time. You sound exhausted woman! Go sleep
    Thank you! Happy (belated?) birthday to you!
    I wish I could sleep! I'm off in 1 hour and then I plan to take a nap before class haha. Also thank you for the welcome :)

ETF: spelling
  • Happy birthday, @Lala9414! Great to see you here!

@missJeanLouise, that quilt is gorgeous. I need to learn how to do more than just sewing on buttons.

Hugs to you, @mrsconn23!

The Indians have won 22 games straight! I was sure we were going to lose tonight, but we tied it up in the bottom of the ninth and went into extra innings.

FW is on a road trip with her BFF and another friend of theirs. She gets back on Tuesday. Gives me the chance to do some uninterrupted cleaning this weekend.