Wedding Woes

Is it the weekend yet?

Happy Friday! Hope everyone's doing well. This week has been insane and I am so, so ready for the weekend. Both H and I are exhausted so we need a break. 

No huge plans lane this weekend, probably seeing some friends out tonight, I'm volunteering at an event tomorrow night, and Sunday Funday, but other than that ours plans are just to sleep. What's everyone else up to?

Re: Is it the weekend yet?

• sleeeeep. Sleep is wonderful, @charlotte989875!

Nothing major for us either.  I plan to organize the garage tonight so I have all day to hang out with H tomorrow, maybe we can geocache during the day and maybe he can bring his useless coin with him? (yup, still pissed about that lol)  Sunday I have a baptism to go to, so hanging out with my BFF and her adorable daughter should be fun.

My boss usually lets us out at 4 on Friday's instead of 5.  He's not here today though.  We can let ourselves out at 4, right? 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2017
    Waiting on this background check is going to be the death of me.  I have so many questions about DH's new job and we're both so ready for him to be able to be done.  I know it's been less than 2 weeks and all, but waiting is bullshit.  They are literally waiting on the gov't because everything else is in order.  I'm sure it's just the push of a button or something.   Grr. 

I have to work tomorrow.  DH might sand and stain our kitchen table (it needs it badly).  Sunday, we're going to brunch and bowling for my family's Sept. birthdays (we have 3).  
  • @charmedPam absolutely you can let yourselves out at 4.  Our office did summer hours for the first time this year so we closed at 2. Today is the first Friday back to regular hours but I think I still need an early close lol

• kvruns said:
    @charmedPam absolutely you can let yourselves out at 4.  Our office did summer hours for the first time this year so we closed at 2. Today is the first Friday back to regular hours but I think I still need an early close lol
    That's not fair! it's still summer! You actually have till next week, and it's even borderline summar/fall since it's the first day!

• @charlotte989875 cancel plans and sleep all weekend lol

@CharmedPam yes. Leave at 4 :)

@mrsconn23 Glad you've made plans to keep your minds off of the wait :)

@kvruns this is our first friday back to normal hours. I don't think it's fair because we're getting summer weather now ;)

Last night M & I did groceries and chatted a bit. Things are better and will get better with time, but I legit think this entire thing is a total Prudie letter .... and I'm debating on typing up a 'letter' just for you guys. To see another point of view without adding what I did to try and fix this. {which I did take steps to fix this and it should be fine now}

Tonight might be date night, but idk. M woke up with a migraine and I feel sick to my stomach {not like "omg maybe I'm pregnant!?" but more like "I feel nauseous and my stomach hates me" lol} So we may not go out and just relax at home.
    M has to call glass repair shop since there is a crack in the windshield that's just getting worse. That definitely needs to be fixed before we go away at the end of the month.

Tomorrow is a wedding, so it'll be a long day. Still need to pick up a card.
    Sunday is kinda up in the air. Lowkey for me, but M doesn't know what he's doing yet.

Random funny thing, that starts with a bit of TMI {so I apologize in advance}

So other night M and I had sexy time and afterwards we were just lying there - it was a lovely moment. Then .... he farted.
    I tried to be mad he killed the post-coital moment, but we were laughing so hard I just couldn't! :') lmfao
    I'm trying not to giggle as I write this :D 
  • I'm debating whether or not I should drive up to visit my parents this weekend. They are up in the cabin for the weekend and I know they'd like to see me. Part of me just wants to stay home though. 

Tomorrow regardless I'm coming home and probably hanging out with SO's sister and her bf. SO is going to a potluck dinner that the rest of us are skipping, but we still wanted to hang out so I volunteered the house while he is gone for board games and a movie. Lol. 

Sunday will just be a relaxing day. 

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2017
    Poop!  Hair is gone.  :'(   The only place I can find punk rock wigs in a large cap size is Light in the Box in China.  I don't think so.  Back to my old granny wigs. :s
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Yay @sparklepants41!!  Glad you're getting more time

@CharmedPam I hope you left early.  I bailed as soon as the bell rang today

@VarunaTT Are you playing or watching?  I miss derby.  My old team is putting on a roller disco fundraiser, but we've already got plans.  :(  Good luck if you're playing

@CMGragain I'm sorry you're out of good options for hair.  I hope you can find something you like

DH's company is registered in a slo-pitch tournament this weekend.  He brought it up by accident, kinda, and I jumped all over it.  I don't think he was terribly excited to play.  Oh well.  We've been throwing  ball around in the backyard all week to try and get him feeling a bit better about playing.

Other than that, I bought crazy expensive new shoes for cheer this week, and I'm going to try and break them in this weekend.  They're so pretty, and I figured that if I'm going to retire this year, I'm going out in style.  :D