Snarky Brides

Save The Dates 2 Years Out For A PPD...

From the relationship section of my new favourite app:

Re: Save The Dates 2 Years Out For A PPD...

• Yes, it is too early for a STD for a party that is two years from now.  You're wrong.  It doesn't "make sense" to include that with your marriage announcement.  It's just the opposite.  That makes no sense.

So, the wording would just be a marriage announcement.

I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt if the poster verbally mentioned they will be having a Celebration of Marriage party in two years, when people they will definitely be inviting congratulate them.  And, omg, just stop with the "vow renewal" in two years.  I'd hope and assume that they are not going to forget the gist of the ones they are taking this Thursday.

I'm picturing getting a marriage announcement like that, lol.  And thinking (in re: to the party), "Umm...okay.  Remind me again in 22-23 months."  (Head tilted and confused look). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    OurWildKingdom
  • Yes, it is too early for a STD for a party that is two years from now.  You're wrong.  It doesn't "make sense" to include that with your marriage announcement.  It's just the opposite.  That makes no sense.

So, the wording would just be a marriage announcement.

I mean, I guess it wouldn't hurt if the poster verbally mentioned they will be having a Celebration of Marriage party in two years, when people they will definitely be inviting congratulate them.  And, omg, just stop with the "vow renewal" in two years.  I'd hope and assume that they are not going to forget the gist of the ones they are taking this Thursday.

I'm picturing getting a marriage announcement like that, lol.  And thinking (in re: to the party), "Umm...okay.  Remind me again in 22-23 months."  (Head tilted and confused look). 

So much this. Calling it a "vow renewal" doesn't change the fact that they are basically having a reenactment.
    short+sassyInLoveInQueensOurWildKingdomredoryx
  • Lolz NOPE 
  • CMGragainCMGragain
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Third Anniversary 25 Answers
    edited September 23
    Two years is too early to have a vow renewal.  You are planning a PPD (Pretty Princess Day), and it is not appropriate.
    Send out formal marriage announcements as soon as you are married.  If you cannot be satisfied with your courthouse marriage, then you should wait until you can have the wedding you want.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg