Chit Chat

**SPOILER ALERT!** This Is Us

13»

Re: **SPOILER ALERT!** This Is Us

• I can't believe Sophie still can't see that Kevin has a pill problem. Especially after he showed up blabbering nasty things on her doorstep! 

Is it just me or does it seem unrealistically fast for him to have this much of a pill problem??
  • I can't believe Sophie still can't see that Kevin has a pill problem. Especially after he showed up blabbering nasty things on her doorstep! 

Is it just me or does it seem unrealistically fast for him to have this much of a pill problem??
    I think he's had an issue before and never got help, so just got hooked again.

I figured Sophie would see it because she's in the medical field.
    short+sassy
  • kimmiinthemittenkimmiinthemitten Detroit, MI
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    I can't believe Sophie still can't see that Kevin has a pill problem. Especially after he showed up blabbering nasty things on her doorstep! 

Although I do know for people who are genetically predisposed to addiction it can happen that fast, it feels rushed and even a bit forced to me too.

Technically, if he had a pill addiction in the past, he should never be drinking, but he has both seasons without a problem.  That would have been an easier storyline to turnover.
    MissKittyDangershort+sassy
  • Kevin just keeps pissing me off 
    kimmiinthemitten

Although I do know for people who are genetically predisposed to addiction it can happen that fast, it feels rushed and even a bit forced to me too.

Technically, if he had a pill addiction in the past, he should never be drinking, but he has both seasons without a problem.  That would have been an easier storyline to turnover.
    It does seem forced! It almost feels like an after-school special, or that episode of Saved By the Bell when Jesse Spano got hooked on caffeine pills. 
    MissKittyDanger

It does seem forced! It almost feels like an after-school special, or that episode of Saved By the Bell when Jesse Spano got hooked on caffeine pills. 
    At least with This is Us they'll continue the story line of Kevin, where as Saved by the Bell didn't even talk about it later ...
    sparklepants41

• It does seem forced! It almost feels like an after-school special, or that episode of Saved By the Bell when Jesse Spano got hooked on caffeine pills. 
    Best episode EVER!!!!  #I'mSoExcited #I'mSoScared
    sparklepants41MissKittyDangerLulawifeMyNameIsNot
  • Did anyone else think that when Kevin woke up in that bed in last night's episode that it was going to be the bed of that girl - rather than the doctor he graduated with?

Also I'm so sad for Kate. Next week's episode is going to be so heartbreaking. 
    kimmiinthemitten
  • YES I thought for sure it was going to be the HS girl!!

OMG on the ending with the Kate news. I will surely cry next episode
  • I feel bad for Kevin at the end. Finally ready to talk about it then unfortunately Kate has an issue .... he'll just push it down again :(

I saw preview of next ep. Damn that's gonna crush me!
  • kimmiinthemittenkimmiinthemitten Detroit, MI
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary 5 Answers
    edited November 22
    I have had a TIU dry spell until Number Two. Damn you tears. And ugh I love Toby. 

I felt Randall was jipped on the preview/teaser though. 
  • This definitely makes me love Toby even more!
  • OMG I sat on my couch with a box of kleenex last night. Even H got into last night's episode. 
13»