Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday!!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited October 2017 in Wedding Woes
Brr!!  It's chilly!! DH and I are trying to be hard-asses and not turn the heat on yet.  We did drag a heater upstairs and it kept us toasty last night.  It is 63 on our lower levels (we live in a tri-level house, so we're not ballers with several floors or anything.  ;) )  I told DH to put the heater in the living room for DefConn.  I need to find my little heater for my office.  

It's supposed to bounce back to the 60's over the next 2 weeks.  So we'll tough it out.  

DH and the boys were supposed to go camping this weekend, but it's going to be in the mid-40's and rainy.  I think they're going to scuttle the trip and spend the night at FIL's on Saturday instead.  I hope FIL still comes to get the kids to hang out with him Friday as planned. 

Tonight is Coach Purse Bingo.  I almost forgot until my sister said something.  I've only won once in the 8 or so times I've went, so I don't have high hopes...but big money, no whammies vibes.  ;) 

Re: Wednesday!!

• Options
    We're debating the furnace too. I've got work,steering committee, and cleaning today. Gymnastics tonight. 
  • Options
    I turned the heat, and my heated seats, on in the car this morning. I also lost my umbrella and spilled coffee everywhere so my day sucks so far. I also woke up with a queasy stomach so I pretty much just want to be back home in bed. 
  • Options
    We slept with the AC on last night!   At this rate we'll easily hit November with no heat going on!
  • Options

I was so happy to read yesterday that I wasn't the only one with log in issues, and then I got busy and never got to say anything.

Weekend was busy; we helped my BFF move out of her house and into a storage unit since she hasn't found a new house yet.  This weekend the sister and nugget arrive.  I do love them and I am excited; but they're a tsunami.  They're the kind of house guests we'd advise other posters to make get a hotel room, but if I did that, they'd never come, so I suck it up and complain here.

Still, I feel like I need to clean my house before they get here, and I work late tonight and tomorrow.  Oops.

New job is good, except my sales person sees no value in actually learning selling skills and the owner keeps blowing off my requests to meet and discuss this.  I think the entrepreneur in him appreciates having a formal sales person, but the salesman in him hates having competition, especially since he is self taught as a Small Business Owner and I've been through numerous formal training courses over the past decade.
  • Options
    Happy anniversary @sparklepants41!  
    And that gift sounds awesome.  I loved Aruba!  I want to go back one day.  ;) 
  • Options

The title of this thread confused me.  I've been thinking it is Thursday.  I even consulted with my calendar to verify it is actually Wednesday.  I just couldn't believe it, lol.

We haven't turned the a/c on in 2 days!  Woo hoo.  Haven't put the heat on yet, either.  But I know my H will be caving on that soon.  My guess on that is Sat. night with a low of 48.  But then, the first week of Nov., it goes back to highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 60s.  That will be perfect!

Maybe I can get away with one month.  ONE.  Without an enormous energy bill, lol.

I don't want to jinx myself, but it just feels like a great day today.  It's even been a nice, productive work day so far.

Since it will be chilly this weekend, I've decided its time to bring out the crock pot for apple cider.  Sometimes my apple cider gets boozy after it's been ladled out.  It's naughty like that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy anniversary @sparklepants41! That's an amazing gift. 
  • Options
    <Angel Choir> It FINALLY let me sign on today!!!
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 happy anniversary! :)

@mrsconn23 for Bingo, can you actually win the purse? luck vibes also!

Last night we told my nana I'm pregnant. She's excited :) This lady is going to be 90 in March. :O I keep forgetting lol She was saying she was super sick for my aunt for 4 months. She's also glad meds are a thing now lol

We spent sometime there, but I'm so tired often we didn't stay too long.
    She said if I was a bit past my due date, she'd be happy with 18th of June ;) That was her and my poppa's anniversary. I laughed because I completely expected her to say that lol

Side note; M keeps calling it her/she Hmmmm
  • Options
    Side note; we've had our heat on for almost 2 weeks because nights get friggen cold. Warmest we have is 23*C {73*F}
    Even afternoons that get warm, our furnace shuts off but by the time we get home it's pretty close to dark now {boooooo}
  • Options
    We turned our heat on yesterday! So glad the sun is shining today - yesterday was so damp and cold. Not ready for that yet. I think I have the sink thing figured out! Yay!!! It should be installed by Thanksgiving. Just ordered the faucets and soap dispenser from Amazon - go Prime! Now keep fingers crossed that the granite doesn't crack when they trim it back for the new sink.
  • Options
    I turned on the heat yesterday.  

SSDD.  I went out last night and had a wee too much alcohol, was home by 8 and in bed.  That's apparently exactly what I needed, as my attitude is much better today.  K is going on an overnight work trip, which means she's leaving now and back tomorrow.  Boo, but I understand.
  • Options
    We've had the heat on the last two days. Would have gone without it, as burrowing under heavy covers is a guilty pleasure, but... baby. Better to keep our home at a constant temp now.
    But I did get to dress my kid in her pink fuzzy coat for the first time and she looked like an Easter Peep candy. Hahah. 
    Otherwise we're not up to anything exciting. I'm very happy to be back to work but we're just focusing on being parents now! 

• Options
    We've had the heat on the last two days. Would have gone without it, as burrowing under heavy covers is a guilty pleasure, but... baby. Better to keep our home at a constant temp now.
    But I did get to dress my kid in her pink fuzzy coat for the first time and she looked like an Easter Peep candy. Hahah. 
    Otherwise we're not up to anything exciting. I'm very happy to be back to work but we're just focusing on being parents now! 
    Cutest!
  • Options
    The longer this day goes on, the worse I feel. I better not be getting sick, no one has time for that!
  • Options
    furnace related - it was fairly cold in Tassie (like in the high 30s/low 40s overnight) and one night we stayed in a little cottage in the woods. they had a small electric heater in the bedroom, but the main source of heat was a little woodstove. It was cute and worked wonders in drying out our soaking clothes, but not the most efficient thing. It did heat the cabin very well - maybe even a little too well.  
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    furnace related - it was fairly cold in Tassie (like in the high 30s/low 40s overnight) and one night we stayed in a little cottage in the woods. they had a small electric heater in the bedroom, but the main source of heat was a little woodstove. It was cute and worked wonders in drying out our soaking clothes, but not the most efficient thing. It did heat the cabin very well - maybe even a little too well.  
    Our woodstove would heat our entire house most of the winter. We'd still run the furnace because we were not about the getting up in the middle of the night to put wood on the stove. One of the many things I miss about that house. 
  • Options
    Congrats kvruns. I'd do jeans, boots, sweater, and scarf in school colors/logo. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said: 

WWWWWW (Wednesday's What Would Wedding Woes Wear). Here's my next fashion question - on Saturday I am being honored during halftime of my college's homecoming football game. I think it is just walk out, wave, and done. Should I wear something school spirited (such as college sweatshirt) or look a little nicer (jeans/long sweater/boot kind of thing). Right now it looks like temps in the mid 40s so I'd probably end up with jacket on anyway if I did jeans/sweater

I think either would be fine. I'd dress for warmth and comfort.  If you go the jeans/boots/sweater/jacket route, do you have a scarf with your school colors that you could wear?

Awesome!  Congrats!

I agree.  I think either would be fine.  Though if you opt for a nice sweater and it isn't too much trouble, an accent in school colors (like a scarf) would be extra fun and cute.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kvruns, you remind me.  I have a glass pitcher and two Pilsner glasses etched with my sorority's name and coat of arms.  Haven't used them in 15+ years, yet I've carted them around with me on multiple moves, lol.  Ugh!  Why must I be so sentimental.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kvruns, you remind me.  I have a glass pitcher and two Pilsner glasses etched with my sorority's name and coat of arms.  Haven't used them in 15+ years, yet I've carted them around with me on multiple moves, lol.  Ugh!  Why must I be so sentimental.
    I only got rid of Greek letter shot glasses in my last move.... I think the only thing I could never part with is my letter sweatshirt. The rest of it finally got donated! I agree with sentimentality! 

• Options
    I only got rid of Greek letter shot glasses in my last move.... I think the only thing I could never part with is my letter sweatshirt. The rest of it finally got donated! I agree with sentimentality! 
    I've carted around sorority clothing in each move; I really want to have a quilt made out of the shirts, but I never get around to doing it. 
  • Options
    I've carted around sorority clothing in each move; I really want to have a quilt made out of the shirts, but I never get around to doing it. 

My sister snap chatted a photo of her and the nugget last night, and the first thing I noticed was my favorite sorority tee from college that I willed her and she kept instead of passing on.
  • Options
    Oh yea I still have some random sorority stuff too - in fact I think the only school color scarf I have is one with my sorority logo on it! I still have a few of my college tennis sweatshirts from back then, which is what I thought about wearing although that was back in the day of wearing oversized sweatshirts and I feel like I'd be super frumpy in it now (I have others though)

• Options
    Me too!  I've even researched a couple companies that do this and have one picked out.  One of these days, lol.  Though, not just sorority tees, I have a lot of sentimental tees.  Two totes worth (sigh).  Many of which don't even fit me anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Huge news!  Huge!

Rustic is out for 2018 - woodsy is in!