Wedding Woes

Tuesday - Happy Halloween!

We don't know if the kids will have Trick or Treating yet due to the number of trees down and outages.   But as of about 3 AM, this song has been my jam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BRv9wGf5pk 

Re: Tuesday - Happy Halloween!

• How long will you be without power @banana468? I hope they can still get out for candy tonight!

We still don't have candy yet, we have no pumpkins or any type of directions, and we have no costumes. But I'll get candy on the way home and call it a day. I have no idea if we'll get many kids, we're in an apartment complex with a few families in our building, and tons in other buildings, so who knows. We'll grab a bunch and see what happens. 
  • Boo I can't see vid :(

I have "This is Hallowe'en" from Nightmare before Christmas in my head lol

Went to a hockey game last night. We sucked so bad omg. End score was 8-3 for Montreal. M wasn't thrilled, because our team wasn't playing as they should but as I explained, the ones on the ice were like 3rd and 4th string because a lot of our star players were out sick/injured.
    Ended up leaving end of 2nd period.

Is everyone's kids going out tonight?
    What are they dressing as?

Anyone have plans tonight otherwise? We get a ton of kids, so we'll be home handing out candy. Last year was consistent for almost 3hrs {ahhhh the heart of suburbs lol}
  • How long will you be without power @banana468? I hope they can still get out for candy tonight!

We still don't have candy yet, we have no pumpkins or any type of directions, and we have no costumes. But I'll get candy on the way home and call it a day. I have no idea if we'll get many kids, we're in an apartment complex with a few families in our building, and tons in other buildings, so who knows. We'll grab a bunch and see what happens. 
    We were out from 10 PM Sunday until about 3 AM today.   We ran the generator yesterday morning for showers and lighting and then last night to have lights, microwave and running water for getting ready for bed.   Now we're back to full functionality!  

But the rest of the town is not so lucky.  I think some houses are still out and trees are down.   One neighboring town is 88% out. 
  • We don't get any kiddos at our door.  At least we haven't in the past when we lived next door.  I have a hair cut tonight and have to make a run to Best Buy or somewhere to get a cable.  We bought a new TV last night and it has one audio out and it's an optical audio jack that doesn't work with DH's headphones which have an RCA plug.  Otherwise the TV was super simple to set up and we are loving it.
  • I picked up a string of pumpkin lights and a couple bags of candy this morning. I wasn’t expecting much because we live on the 6th floor, down a hallway, of a large complex but I am almost out of candy!! The kids are so cute. Trick or treating here is like a giant scavenger hunt, you can hear them running all over being like “over here!” “I see bats” etc. I love Halloween.

I hope Halloween still happens @banana468 . Halloween ‘97 was cancelled in my hometown from a horrible snowstorm and my entire generation is still “traumatized” by it. ;)
  • @kvruns omg so cute :') is he crying or laughing in that one shot? Looks like both lol

@missJeanLouise one year I almost didn't go out because the snow was insane! I don't think it was '97, because that year we had the teacher's strike then Feb of '98 we had a horrible ice storm. {like, wonder if this is the apocalypse kind of storm} 
  • @MissKittyDanger he was mad in the picture - I think he got mad I put his hood on idk. But it was funny because it looked like a monster roaring
  • Y’all, I had to back to the store for seconds of candy. It is a zoo outside!! I am so surprised but Halloween is not celebrated globally so I really wasn’t expecting much but I am having better turnout than some places I lived in the states!
  • The one fun thing about no school is that DD got to wear her costume (school went to no costumes last year) at daycare with the bro.   

The lack of power made me stir crazy but we were fine doing what we needed to do with the generator.

I do understand that after  big storm the recovery process can take a long time.

However our power company's communication infrastructure sucked.   They have done a poor job at providing any kind of estimate and or an ability to get through to them.   Superstorm Sandy was five years ago.   Irene was the year prior to that.   They faced harsh criticism over their ability to provide answers and have had half a decade to improve their systems.  At the electric rates we pay (nearly double the national average), I'm truly unimpressed with their management.  
  • I am loving all these Halloween pictures! Keep 'em coming, there is no Halloween fun in my office today.
  • I am loving all these Halloween pictures! Keep 'em coming, there is no Halloween fun in my office today.
    Me neither.
    Although tomorrow will have hallowe'en chocolate by my desk :)
  • We don't get trick or treaters at our house- small cul de sac without children. That is good and bad. I miss seeing the kids in their costumes but then I don't have candy that I end up eating.

I've pretty much caught up after the weekend. DD has morning sickness and hasn't been eating a lot. A friend of hers is in Indy this week so I am making some soup to send back with her at the end of the week. DD says she can eat soups and salty/acidic stuff little bits at a time. I've done really well at keeping my mouth shut but it has been really hard lol. I'll make some pumpkin bread for SIL too. I can't wait for Thanksgiving when they will be here. I think she will tell her brothers then.
    It is cold here today but sunny which is a big improvement over yesterday which was just dreary! All I wanted to do was curl up and sleep. 

Love all the pictures of the Halloween costumes!
  • @ILoveBeachMusic I swear your daughter sounds like me :P My dr suggested pretzels as well.
    I did a bit of googling and apparently fruit popsicles and jello are also good for morning sickness. Haven't had the jello yet but my popsicles are doing really well.
  • I had to go to my lesson but I bought 2 more bags before I left. DH just texted me we were out of candy. Either he gave the next 5 kids all it because he didn’t feel like dealing with the door or we actually got slammed. I hope it was the latter.
  • @ILoveBeachMusic - I don't think I heard about DD!  Congrats!  I used candied ginger to help my nausea.  It wasn't so bad.  I've heard many women keep a box of saltines by their nightstand so they can munch on a cracker before they even get out of bed.  Maybe that suggestion will be welcomed since she is already craving salty/acidic things!

• @ILoveBeachMusic I swear your daughter sounds like me :P My dr suggested pretzels as well.
    I did a bit of googling and apparently fruit popsicles and jello are also good for morning sickness. Haven't had the jello yet but my popsicles are doing really well.
    Put a bottle of vitamin water in the freezer for a few hours. You get the hydration of the water and the soothing cold of a popsicle. 
  • Happy Halloween everyone!

I used to love Halloween, but my H and I have become Grinchy in our "old age".  I would love to dress up, but we're not going anywhere and no kids come to our door.  So there isn't much point to it.

I even have a Sock Monkey costume with a matching one for my dog.  But she gets a long suffering look in her eyes when I put it on her, lol.  So I don't.  Whomp, whomp.

My workplace is also a bunch of curmudgeons.  Nobody ever dresses up.  I'm not even sure it's allowed.

On a brighter side, I learned about a fairly new restaurant that is almost on my way home from work.  Their niche is "gourmet to go".  It's higher end dishes that Yelp reviewers are raving about.  But I can order online and pick it up on my way home.  It's also really affordable.  I will be trying them out tonight!  My entrée target is blackened catfish with lobster mashed potatoes and corn, covered in a lobster béchamel sauce.  Normally $15 but, on Tuesdays, it is only $10!  Heck yeah.  I'm not really sure what lobster mashed potatoes are.  But I like all of those words, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ILoveBeachMusic
    I know many women choose to forgo drugs during pregnancy, but if she's really miserable and open to the idea, Diclegis worked wonders for my 24-7, 9 month long nausea. My doctor suggested it and prescribed it. It's just vitamin B6 and the sleep aid Unicom, apparently. 
    I tried the natural remedies and they did diddly squat. Without that drug I don't know how I would have survived 9 months!

• @ILoveBeachMusic
    I know many women choose to forgo drugs during pregnancy, but if she's really miserable and open to the idea, Diclegis worked wonders for my 24-7, 9 month long nausea. My doctor suggested it and prescribed it. It's just vitamin B6 and the sleep aid Unicom, apparently. 
    I tried the natural remedies and they did diddly squat. Without that drug I don't know how I would have survived 9 months!
    Same! When it hit, gravol - which normally works - did nothing.
    All hail diclectin! lmao
  • So despite my bitching about hockey, I'm just gonna point out this is our captain ;)
    sport spartacus portal blogs sam ukwuachu GIF

• Happy Halloween all! I hope all the kiddos can go trick or treating and all is good! I love Halloween just because I get to see all the kids in awesome costumes. My office is decorated but no one dresses up, so I guess it's semi-festive. Not much going on today, I have work and school tonight. Although, I do suspect that class will have a low attendance rate tonight. Most of my classmates have young children, so I'm assuming they will be trick or treating with them tonight.

Yesterday was a better day for the pup. She is walking around more and walked up all our stairs without stopping which is such a big improvement. I also noticed her energy levels are getting back to normal and she wants to play but every time she hits her cone on something it scares the crap out of her and she cries and jumps. It's slightly funny because she looks like a little bobble head, but I mostly comfort her because her little heart is racing lol.
  • @Lala9414 your poor little lampshade in the cone of shame! Glad the energy levels are coming back :)

dog up squirrel ardilla cone of shame GIF