Flowers

What to do if all my flowers were not provided?

Hi Ladies - 
My wedding was 2.5 weeks ago and I unsure how to go about a situation with my florist.  The day was a whirlwind and I did not go around checking if everything was as per our contract and now I think some things might have been missing.  My husband and close friends are telling me to just let it go and it's not a big deal but I am bothered by it as I don't think it is right.  I don't have the photos from my photographer yet as she has up to 8 weeks to give them to me.  All I have are the photos that my friends and family took and I from those photos I am not seeing a few things we had in the contract.  For example I paid $50 to have an arrangement on the welcome sign and when I saw the photo of the welcome sign there were no flowers.   I was thinking maybe there is an explanation for the items I am not seeing like maybe they are in a different area.  I was going to reach out to the florist and ask but I thought what would stop her from saying just that - we used them here or here... and how would I know the difference?  I was wondering if anyone else ever had a situation like this and how did you handle it?   

Re: What to do if all my flowers were not provided?

• Hi Ladies - 
    My wedding was 2.5 weeks ago and I unsure how to go about a situation with my florist.  The day was a whirlwind and I did not go around checking if everything was as per our contract and now I think some things might have been missing.  My husband and close friends are telling me to just let it go and it's not a big deal but I am bothered by it as I don't think it is right.  I don't have the photos from my photographer yet as she has up to 8 weeks to give them to me.  All I have are the photos that my friends and family took and I from those photos I am not seeing a few things we had in the contract.  For example I paid $50 to have an arrangement on the welcome sign and when I saw the photo of the welcome sign there were no flowers.   I was thinking maybe there is an explanation for the items I am not seeing like maybe they are in a different area.  I was going to reach out to the florist and ask but I thought what would stop her from saying just that - we used them here or here... and how would I know the difference?  I was wondering if anyone else ever had a situation like this and how did you handle it?   
    I kind of think the ship has sailed on this one. Was there anyone meeting her to approve the flowers when they were dropped off or setting up that okay'd them? I think if you knew, for sure, that things you paid for weren't provided then I think you'd have a right to ask for a refund for the items that weren't provided, but you don't really know if this is the case, right? 
  • I think you can follow up. But be sure you have confirmation on who was supposed to put the flowers on the welcome sign (was it the florist? or the venue coordinator)? If the venue coordinator, the florist will probably say they dropped them off and don't know what happened after that. KWIM? 

If you decide to do this, just be sure that, before you go in saying you didn't get what was in the contract, that you review the contract in detail and have evidence supporting your claims. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Call the florist ASAP and follow-up IMMEDIATELY with your list!  "Hey!  I'm looking at pictures from our wedding (evidence especially if the florist was placing these at specific delivery locations, have a second picture as a follow-up JIC), and there aren't flowers to be seen here, here, and here that were contracted - I paid for this, it's in our contract, would you prefer a refund or credit because with the wedding being over I really don't have a need for $$$ in flowers?"  Be firm, but also be a diplomat (and be realistic, you want the $$/value that you didn't get, back, don't expect some huge compensation).  Most of all, you need evidence, and you need to bring it to their attention IMMEDIATELY!
  • there must have a receipt or something like that, you should check that