Wedding Woes
Options

Today's Rage

Invite RSVP deadline was yesterday.  30% of our RSVPs are still out.  

We got one yesterday that looked like this:

"1 Seats Have Been Reserved For You
Mr. John Smith
Number of Persons Attending 2"

I work with this guy and he is pretty young.  I went in and told him what you tell someone when they add a plus one.  He responded, "Well, she probably won't come anyway."  I had to pick my jaw up off the floor just as my boss walked by.  Sigh.

Re: Today's Rage

• Options
    Is this a GF or a random?  Either way, the "she probably won't come" would enrage me too! 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2017
    OMG, I feel you.  I still remember how I felt when one of my IL's friends responded to an RSVP for 2 people with 8.  

That guy needs a lesson.  Ugh. 
  • Options
    "Well, of COURSE she's not coming!   She's not invited!"

Today's rage: I got an email from a customer complaining that we have been making something wrong for months.   Dood - if you don't tell me that it's a problem we can't change it! 
  • Options
    @OliveOilsMom - this is some random, not a gf.  

@mrsconn23 - 8 people??  What did you even do with that??  (My boss gave him a lesson and then he printed out a sheet that said "1 =/= 2" and gave it to him.  Ha.)

@banana468 - uhhh, how did he expect you to read his mind?

• Options
    Wtf! Who tf invites someone "probably won't come" when they aren't even invited!?

We had a couple of those, but we didn't know about the relationship so it was different and it was more like "hey we know they weren't originally invited, but it's a new relationship. if they aren't able to come that's fine."

Dude needs to learn some etiquette!
  • Options
    Ro041 said:

@mrsconn23 - 8 people??  What did you even do with that??  (My boss gave him a lesson and then he printed out a sheet that said "1 =/= 2" and gave it to him.  Ha.)

I called MIL to ask what the heck.  DH ended up calling them and it was an uncomfortable conversation.  It was former neighbors of my IL's and they thought that it was them + their kids/spouses/grandkids.  They ended up not coming at all.   :: shrug ::  I never met them until MIL's funeral and if MIL hadn't died, I probably would have never met them at all. 
  • Options
    Ro041 said:
    Invite RSVP deadline was yesterday.  30% of our RSVPs are still out.  

We got one yesterday that looked like this:

"1 Seats Have Been Reserved For You
    Mr. John Smith
    Number of Persons Attending 2"

I work with this guy and he is pretty young.  I went in and told him what you tell someone when they add a plus one.  He responded, "Well, she probably won't come anyway."  I had to pick my jaw up off the floor just as my boss walked by.  Sigh.
    "You're right. She won't. Because she's not invited. I'll put your down for 1. See ya later!"
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Ro041 said:

I called MIL to ask what the heck.  DH ended up calling them and it was an uncomfortable conversation.  It was former neighbors of my IL's and they thought that it was them + their kids/spouses/grandkids.  They ended up not coming at all.   :: shrug ::  I never met them until MIL's funeral and if MIL hadn't died, I probably would have never met them at all. 
    Yes of course they can invite everyone .... they aren't paying for extra
  • Options
    @Ro041 I have no idea.   I'm irritated.   Why would you email back and forth to our mutual customer that you have a problem and not email your supplier?   It makes no logical sense.   But sure - keep complaining to the wrong people and then continue to be upset that nothing gets done.  How's that treatin' ya? 

• Options
    Ro - I do love your boss schooling him!  It's hard for the tough love to come from the person doing the inviting, but when a 3rd party does it - yay!
  • Options
    H had a friend that RSVP'ed his other two friends to the wedding. H and I had met these friends once, about 4 years prior to the wedding. H called friend and said "hey sorry but the invite is just for you", friend said okay then no-showed to the wedding. Some other people found out what happened and needless to say that other people in that same friend group have gotten married and friend is not invited. 

What made it worse for me is friend was H's little in his fraternity, so it isn't like they were not close or that friend wouldn't know anyone if his other two friends came. 
  • Options
    We had wholly uninvited people show up from half the country away.  Be prepared for more asshattery.
  • Options
    We had wholly uninvited people show up from half the country away.  Be prepared for more asshattery.
    I feel there's more to this that you must share lol
  • Options
    Not a terrible amount to share.  We chose not to invite some people from both sides of the family due to strained relationships or headcount.  From xH's side, his 2 uncles and cousin showed up in jeans and cowboy boots the day of without any warning from the Midwest (wedding was in FL).  On my side, my 2 cousins (uninvited) appeared with my aunt/uncle (invited, and who rsvp'd  for only 2).  It was ridiculous.  Who does that?
  • Options
    @nicolegs17 Rude people do that. The Midwest family sounds like a friend of mine's 1st wedding, her exH's family {immediate family} showed up in jeans also but like torn jeans and looked generally a mess.
    That marriage didn't last long in general, and she said she should have seen the flags at the wedding