Catholic Weddings

Catholic Convalidation after civil marriage.. NEED ADVICE!

Hello knotters! I was originally scheduled to be wed on 8.18.18. All of my arrangements for that date have been made and we have paid about 75% of the wedding expenses. My fiance and I have been living together for the last 5 years and have shared insurance through my employer. I was severenced from my employer early May and we are nearing the expiration of our insurance benefits. We are attempting to attain new health insurance together but the available insurance plans will not allow us to get combined coverage unless we are married. At this point we are considering getting married on December 1st through the courts to satisfy paperwork for insurance purposes. We would still like to have our actual ceremony and everything else on the original date of 8.18.18, but need to do this as we both have health conditions. My issue now is that if we get married on December 1st, the church wants us to wait a year for convalidation. I am really struggling with what to do here as insurance is important to our health. I am considering not having a Catholic Ceremony on 8.18.18 because of this. Word of advice are appreciated.

Re: Catholic Convalidation after civil marriage.. NEED ADVICE!

• Why don't you just have a Catholic ceremony on December 1st then throw a great party (not a fake wedding) on 8-18-18? You can still have dinner, dancing and drinks just not the ceremony and wedding party.
  • Can you talk about other options?   Why December 1st?   Why does it need to be combined?  Have you priced coverage on the exchanges? 

• Why don't you just have a Catholic ceremony on December 1st then throw a great party (not a fake wedding) on 8-18-18? You can still have dinner, dancing and drinks just not the ceremony and wedding party.
    Totally agree.This is also my thoughts concerning the current issue you guys face.