Wedding Woes

Tuesday

Tomorrow is my day off and it cannot come at a better time.  
Also, I shouldn't have had that last glass of wine last night.  

DH and I were talking last night about how there's certain chores that we just refuse to do until it's unavoidable.  Those chores are usually laundry and bathrooms.  We spent 4 hours bailing out my office and during the week, as soon as we get off work, it's doing homework with DefConn, then dinner, dishes, picking up, etc...but we will avoid folding a towel like the plague.  We currently have 'Mt. Laundry' on the couch.  ;)  But if I actually do all the laundry and put it all away, I feel good about it.  Laundry is the devil, LOL. 

SSDD otherwise.  

Re: Tuesday

• My chore is mopping. I just can’t.

Hi Kwiksilver! Glad the pregnancy is going well, sucks about your DH though.

my day was alright. Took DH to work, had coffee/lunch with, ran some errands, walked the dog, DH came home with dinner. I will go to my lesson in a bit. 
  • edited November 2017
    @mrsconn23 - I didn't used to mind laundry but now that part of laundry = babybelle's clothes, I loath it. So. Many. Tiny. Clothes.  As part of The Great Purge 2017, I'm getting rid of clothes that aren't easy to care for. "Lay flat to dry" (and then iron)? Donation bag. It's just where I am in life right now. 

@kwiksilver - yay for hearing the heartbeat! How excited for y'all! 

We are hosting Thanksgiving with lots of OOT guests staying with us. We're also in the process of transitioning one of our guest rooms to babybelle's new room (terrible timing but for many reasons, it has to happen now). I'm WFH today and scrambling to do the deep clean between conference calls today so that I can just surface clean next week. 

ETA - DH keeps saying we should get someone to clean the house because it takes too much time and it's not that expensive. He's not wrong, but I'm suuuuper picky about how things are cleaned and the quality/thoroughness of the job. I haven't really been satisfied with how other's clean. And in the back of my mind, I'm like "I could do a better job myself and use that $150 every other week to get a babysitter (or whatever)" Where are my picky cleaners at? Do you hire it out? How do you manage your own expectations?
    *********************************************************************************

• Ugh. Last night in the bathroom one student pulled another student to the ground. I think it was just horse play out of hand, but it needs to be handled so phone calls and emails are happening. 

This morning 6let and Max were playing tackle football!  (I was upstairs and didn't know). 6let tackled Max into the wood corner of a barstool. Blood. Every. Where. I was trying to think of contingencies in case it needed stitches. Luckily it stopped. 

I I want to take my 2 hrs alone and nap. Instead I'm going for a run and working. 

• @mrsconn23, ever since I moved into a house with MY OWN washer and dryer, I love doing laundry.  I try to get it one load at a time so it's never over full (no one in our house wears whites, and if they do - it's about to become grey).  I guess my chore would have to be dusting.  And you'd notice that if you came to my house. lol.
    @kwiksilver, yay heartbeat! That is wonderful!
    @southernbelle0915, your internal struggle is my internal struggle.  Every time a cleaning service leaves my house I always go "I could have done this myself!" so I really only get it once a year.  in spring.  I used amazon's home service program last spring for a deep clean.  I got a regular clean.  Rip off!
    @6fsn, your motivation inspires me! I'm a "napper" over a workout.
    @misskittydanger, while your hubby is doing that patio chairs thing, think he can swing by and do ours?  'cus I'm lazy and all.

I think we found our construction guy!  Best quote and we liked his personality and he can get it done sooner than the first quote (but both quotes were REALLY good).  The guy who gave us a quote by looking at pictures was SO out of the ballpark it wasn't even funny.  The person we're going with said "what do you have around your tub?  Would you want to tile that? You mention resale and that would really help".

So my "small" project has now turned into a complete remodel because I want everything to match and he gave me a great bundled deal.  I was getting panicky because it's taking a lot of my savings and I hate losing my safety net but H talked me down and said we will make it work.

• @CharmedPam I would like to volun-tell him to, but he was suppose to do it this weekend and it'll be a miracle if it gets done tonight ;)
  • H and I had a long chat about works last night; he's far more direct, I'm much more accommodating so he helped me put some things in perspective. We also figured out that we can make things work if I quit this job, which was good. I'm not at the quitting stage, but I am so stressed about about this place it's unhealthy. I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about it (sorry!). 

Other than that, I can't believe it's almost American Thanksgiving. I have no idea where November went. We need to get on the Christmas shopping. At least I have ideas for some people, but I have no idea what to get H. He's a big practical gift giver, but he also just gets the things that he needs. Gift giving is hard. 
  • We both loathe doing the bathroom @mrsconn23 . I actually don't hate it, I just want to do it all well and feel like I never have time to do it the way I want. Yes, I realize if I did it more frequently it wouldn't take me as long, but that doesn't happen. I also hate laundry. And most chores. 
  • @misskittydanger, we were supposed to do that this weekend too.  Weekends are the only time.  It's dark when I get home at 5 now!
    @Charlotte989875, sounds like a good talk with the hubs.  Great that you make it on one salary for awhile just in case.  Do you have the time off to interview while you still work?

• @charlotte989875 I'm glad you guys had a chat. It's hard when you're stressed and think you don't have many options.
    I personally am not tired of hearing you vent, because it's that. Venting. Healthy and natural. M didn't vent about his former job much {not in the ways he should have} and it caused stress migraines.

You know how many migraines he's had since this job he started in May? 2. Maybe 3, but I believe one was over a weekend.

Stress reacts differently in people and if you don't let it out, it festers and gets worse.
  • @CharmedPam That's why M said. I told him we have a backyard light for a reason ;) He also hasn't changed his tires and this weekend we need to put boxes all over the yard *sigh* we're so behind this year
  • Thanks @CharmedPam and @MissKittyDanger I appreciate that. The good thing is I actually have a second full time job that I will keep if I quit this one, so we'd both still be working full-time. The thing that's the hardest about all of this is I really believe in the mission of the nonprofit, but that none of our policies/work environment/culture actually support that mission. 

So glad to hear Mr. Kitty Danger's health is better with the new job. Is he liking it? I know you said how stressed he was at the old one. 
  • @charlotte989875 He loves it. We were talking about stress {coworker of his is leaving due to stress} and he said his field is naturally stressful, but he doesn't feel like it's too much. It's crazy the amount of appreciation they get there.

Actually interesting thing happened recently, the CEO and CTO went to non-competitive companies to see how they handled their companies expanding without losing people in the shuffle. M had never heard of a company doing that! It makes a huge difference.
  • Oh and last night I watched the Teen Mom 2 finale. I'm not sure if that was the original airing or if it was a repeat, I only catch it when I catch it.  They had both Janelle's wedding and Chelsea's wedding in this ep.

Chelsea was flipping out over her ppd reception. I was only half paying attention, did she do another ceremony?  I had major eye roll when she had the DJ announce "Mr & Mrs Debour or whatever her new last name is" when they came into the tent.  They've been Mr & Mrs Debour for a year already.

Janelle's wedding was very nice.  I don't have a good feeling about them as a couple - but it's what she wanted.

• @mrsconn23 laundry is my least favorite chore. Our guest room is currently our laundry repository but my cousin is coming up for Thanksgiving from NY next week so we have to have to have to get that laundry mountain taken care of by Wednesday. 

@kwiksilver that's so exciting you got to hear the heartbeat!! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well!!

Today I have to crack the whip on my Ops team to get the deliverables they owe me for a pursuit that is due Friday. Lately I feel like a professional cat herder. 

My cold is is almost gone but my headache is still here and it's making the room spin. I need to go to bed early again tonight. 
  • @CharmedPam They got married a year to the date before. They wanted to be officially married before Watson was born. Essentially they eloped and then had the PPD a year later with all the traditions.
  • @CharmedPam They got married a year to the date before. They wanted to be officially married before Watson was born. Essentially they eloped and then had the PPD a year later with all the traditions.
    That i figured, but did she do a ceremony re-enactment?  I was on my phone - half watching LOL

That i figured, but did she do a ceremony re-enactment?  I was on my phone - half watching LOL
    I'm not sure. I know people knew they were already married
  • @mrsconn23, I don't as much mind the every day week or two kind of chores.  I most hate deep cleaning the kitchen, ie scrubbing.  Scrubbing down cabinet doors.  Scrubbing the floors.  Cleaning out the fridge and scrubbing down the drawers and shelves.

If my H would ever GET A JOB, I would definitely hire a housekeeper.  But I just don't want to spend the money for something **cough, cough** he should be doing.  I have been debating hiring someone to deep clean the kitchen.  It is sorely in need.

I've only hired a housekeeper once, but that was for my next door rental unit.  The guy was supposed to clean the floors and walls only.  He cleaned the floors well and "kind of" cleaned the walls, but not really.  However, we only paid him $50 and that was a great price even for just the floors.  Not exaggerating, they were the most disgusting floors I have ever seen.  A sticky layer of dirt/grime across all of them.  There weren't even voids where the furniture was, not sure how that was possible.  The walls were filthy in a lot of places also.  Don't know how that happens either! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kwiksilver, glad the pregnancy is going well!  I hope your H's company finds something for him to do and that he continues healing.

@MissKittyDanger, glad to hear M is still liking his new job!

@CharmedPam, I've never watched Teen Mom, but you reminded me of the major faux pas's going down on 90-Day Fiance.  Evelyn (USA) and David (Spain).  Evelyn wouldn't even let David chose his own tuxedo.  Insisted that his groomsmen HAVE to rent tuxedos, which upset David because his friends are already spending $1,000+/per to go to the wedding.  And they are going to have a better cake for themselves and their WP than they will be feeding to the rest of their guests.  David protested that also, but she reminded him for the 100th time that it is HER day.  She's going to do whatever she wants and people will understand.  Because it's HER day, she doesn't even pretend that it's his wedding day also.  HER day that she's dreamed about and planned for her "whole life".  Ummm...she's all of 18 years old, lol.  Girl, your "whole life" has been your childhood.  Time to grow up already. 

@sparklepants41, you haven't been feeling well for awhile :(.  I hope you're on the mend, even if it doesn't feel like it right now.

My H and I finally did the grocery shopping that we were supposed to do this weekend.  He was in a really bad mood, though, and that was irritating me.  He was just impatient and in a hurry, the whole time.  Now for the snarky part of my vent.  Because, of course, he was just SO busy all day lying around...maybe and supposedly sending out resumes.  Dishes piled up on both sides of the sink, even though I had just unloaded the dishwasher the night before.  He's typically home all day, every day.  So he uses 2x the dishes I do.  Plus he has a bowl of ice cream and cake at least once, if not twice a day.  Make that 3x the dishes I use.

<<vent over>>

Overall, this is a good week at work.  The big boss left mid-day yesterday and won't be back until Friday.  The slang term the rest of use when this happens is (his first name)-cation.  Like, if his name were Tom, it's a Tom-cation.  And why even come back Friday?  Who does that, lol?  I guess that's why he earns the big bucks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was WFH yesterday with DD, so didn't have much TK time.  I took her to the doctors because her cold is back, but adding in not eating much and diarrhea.  Fun.  Dr said she is fine and just needs to work through the cold.  Ears were fine this time!  She has been sleeping a lot, so that helped me work a solid few hours and then she even was enjoying her bouncers after lunch, so again, more time for working!

Weekend was good.  I met my former co-worker and friend for a pizza brunch.  DD tagged along, she was a trooper, but you could tell she wasn't feeling well.  She didn't even eat any of the pizza crust I gave her!  We also got church in on Saturday.  Sunday, was supposed to be relaxing day, but H fell asleep for a nap and I was wide awake.  DD woke from her nap, so I fed her and decided to go to the grocery store.  We are rotating meals in for my parents, so I decided on Sunday, spur of the moment to make all of mine.  After grocery shopping, H was awake, so he really helped me bang out all 6 of the meals.  Afterwards, I was too tired to cook for us!  So we got takeout!

My chore is the bathrooms.  At our old house, we used to live off the clean clothes tossed on our dining room table!  But the new house is bigger, so its not very practical to do that.  So we do laundry throughout the week.  H usually is the laundry person and I'm the dishes person.  It works for us.  We tag team the bathrooms, which will be this week!  I would love to hire a housekeeper, but maybe in a few years.

Kwik - Yay for baby heartbeat!  How is your DH doing from his injury?  Well enough to work, but needs light duty?

Charlotte - Sorry your job isn't working out like you hoped.  If you do leave, I would make sure you tell them that while their work is to empower women, you have not felt empowered yourself at the job.

Kvruns - I loved the pics of DS!  So cute!  H works on Saturday, but I'm hoping DD will cooperate and let me take her holiday pictures this weekend! 

• @short+sassy  I totally get what you mean. When M is off and I'm at work {or out, or whatever} or even at night, it's like "are you seriously incapable of putting away your dishes?" I mean our place you have to pass the friggen kitchen!
    I've learned - through chatting with people - that it's mostly a gendered thing. Women see things that are messy and men don't see it as messy. There are some times where it's opposite, or similar between genders but as a typical situation. Men just don't see the issue.
    {as to which we get mad and they call it nagging but that's a whole other thing lol}
  • @kwiksilver Missed your post, but yay for heartbeat! You're about as far along as a friend of mine is :)
  • I was WFH yesterday with DD, so didn't have much TK time.  I took her to the doctors because her cold is back, but adding in not eating much and diarrhea.  Fun.  Dr said she is fine and just needs to work through the cold.  Ears were fine this time!  She has been sleeping a lot, so that helped me work a solid few hours and then she even was enjoying her bouncers after lunch, so again, more time for working!

Weekend was good.  I met my former co-worker and friend for a pizza brunch.  DD tagged along, she was a trooper, but you could tell she wasn't feeling well.  She didn't even eat any of the pizza crust I gave her!  We also got church in on Saturday.  Sunday, was supposed to be relaxing day, but H fell asleep for a nap and I was wide awake.  DD woke from her nap, so I fed her and decided to go to the grocery store.  We are rotating meals in for my parents, so I decided on Sunday, spur of the moment to make all of mine.  After grocery shopping, H was awake, so he really helped me bang out all 6 of the meals.  Afterwards, I was too tired to cook for us!  So we got takeout!

My chore is the bathrooms.  At our old house, we used to live off the clean clothes tossed on our dining room table!  But the new house is bigger, so its not very practical to do that.  So we do laundry throughout the week.  H usually is the laundry person and I'm the dishes person.  It works for us.  We tag team the bathrooms, which will be this week!  I would love to hire a housekeeper, but maybe in a few years.

Kwik - Yay for baby heartbeat!  How is your DH doing from his injury?  Well enough to work, but needs light duty?

Charlotte - Sorry your job isn't working out like you hoped.  If you do leave, I would make sure you tell them that while their work is to empower women, you have not felt empowered yourself at the job.

Kvruns - I loved the pics of DS!  So cute!  H works on Saturday, but I'm hoping DD will cooperate and let me take her holiday pictures this weekend! 

I hope your daughter feels better!!!

To the bolded: QFT. 
  • @mrsconn23, I don't as much mind the every day week or two kind of chores.  I most hate deep cleaning the kitchen, ie scrubbing.  Scrubbing down cabinet doors.  Scrubbing the floors.  Cleaning out the fridge and scrubbing down the drawers and shelves.

If my H would ever GET A JOB, I would definitely hire a housekeeper.  But I just don't want to spend the money for something **cough, cough** he should be doing.  I have been debating hiring someone to deep clean the kitchen.  It is sorely in need.

I've only hired a housekeeper once, but that was for my next door rental unit.  The guy was supposed to clean the floors and walls only.  He cleaned the floors well and "kind of" cleaned the walls, but not really.  However, we only paid him $50 and that was a great price even for just the floors.  Not exaggerating, they were the most disgusting floors I have ever seen.  A sticky layer of dirt/grime across all of them.  There weren't even voids where the furniture was, not sure how that was possible.  The walls were filthy in a lot of places also.  Don't know how that happens either! 

You scrub cabinet doors?!? Clean people are such a mystery to me. 

I do this too - our kitchen cabinets are white so every little bit of dust and grime shows up and bothers me. 
  • Good morning!

Somehow my weekly calendar is filling with meetings.   Those are the BEST way to get nothing done.

Today's the 2nd anniversary of my cousin's suicide.   I think the family is processing things better but I miss him.  

We are t minus 4 days to our annual shindig.   I am starting to enter the phase of worrying that we won't be ready and won't have enough food even though every year we have leftovers.    

• @banana468 yay for busy week. Sorry to hear about the anniversary of your cousin <3 It's good everyone is processing better though

I do this too - our kitchen cabinets are white so every little bit of dust and grime shows up and bothers me. 
    This is why I have a love/hate with white cabinets! We have white ones also, and great for picking up light but horrible for showing everything :(