Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!!

2»

Re: FRIDAY!!

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2017
    DH came to my first prenatal appt, since it was an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy.  He came to my second one because it was the day after my best friend died and I was a hot mess.  After that, he only came to the ultrasound ones (I had an anatomy scan at 17-ish weeks and then a 35w u/s for measurement) and one other late pregnancy appt.  The rest of them, I went to on my own.  He was usually at work and I was on my way to work after my appts. 
  • Thanks for all the congrats everyone!! 

@southernbelle0915 I literally just texted my friend that I'm going to TREAT YOSELF hahah! Too funny 
  • @thisismynickname2 So far pretty accurate with what happens in pregnancy {nausea, morning sickness, exhaustion} so it depends on textbook ;) First appt I was too early to hear heartbeat {nurse mentioned she wasn't going to look in case}
    For the most part, M is good with having me pass along any questions but I think it's because he's doubting what I'm saying the dr said about colouring my hair and wants to be sure. Also heartbeat :) lol

@mrsconn23 M is definitely coming to the u/s appts. I couldn't keep him away if I tried :')

Seriously though .... did all you mama's cry at the first {and again at the 2nd?} I cried at the first ultrasound and I feel like I may cry at all of them. I'm an emotional crier {you're having an emotion? you should cry} even not pregnant lmfao
    I will be that mom and I'm not even sorry :|
  • Climbingwife - Congrats!  Will you still get free pastries with your new job!  That is one thing I remember about you and your job! LOL!

MKD - My H came to almost every appointment.  He came to the first GYN appointment after we were trying for a year.  I got lady shoehorned there and it didn't scare him for life! LOL!  He came to most pre-baby fertility appointments when it fit his schedule.  Once pregnant - he came to all ultrasound apps, which was every other week from 7 until 14 weeks when we switched to the OB.  I gave him the out, since he didn't want to miss too much work.  Once with the OB, I easily scheduled evening appointments, so he came to all of them.  He came to my very first, every week appointment, but it was the only one I had since DD came a month early.  I scheduled the remaining to be earlier in the day and he would have skipped them.  So H was there for just about everything.  I always told him, it's his kid too, but I understand if he didn't want to come to every single appointment.

MJL - AmazonPrime has been streaming some of the NFL games, if you have access to it!

Lynda - Glad your mom and MIL are doing ok!  So exciting about the Food Network!  Fingers crossed for DH!  I keep seeing the commercials for the new Top Chef and seeing that they are in CO and wondering if your DH will be featured as a guest judge!

50K - We would put up new siding and pay off some bills.  Put a bunch in savings too.  Paying off most bills would allow us to start our kitchen remodel sooner, so I would be patient in that regard instead of going right into a kitchen remodel!

I'm feeling so much better today!  Still not very hungry though.  Yoga tonight and I'm hoping to decorate the fireplace area for pictures with DD tomorrow morning.  I would like to try and get the Christmas pics done.  H is working Saturday, so I will see if I have to wait until Sunday morning to do them.  Church on Saturday and then Sunday will be our day of rest!  We don't plan to do much, if anything!

• @kvruns he is absolutely delicious!
  • @thisismynickname2 So far pretty accurate with what happens in pregnancy {nausea, morning sickness, exhaustion} so it depends on textbook ;) First appt I was too early to hear heartbeat {nurse mentioned she wasn't going to look in case}

Oh yeah, it's like, oh you feel like shit? Congrats! That's normal! LOL. By textbook I just mean all the miserable symptoms are considered normal, no gestational diabetes or blood pressure issues, no growth issues, etc.  Seriously, every appointment the doctor looked at my numbers and test results and told me I was fine and sent me on my merry way after 5 minutes. 

Are you on the The Bump? I know TB has had a bad rep around TK but I joined my month board and loved it. Now that we've all had our babies there's about 60 of us that moved to a private Facebook group. About half the group was second/third time moms and half was first time moms and it's been so incredibly helpful and supportive. 

• Nothing much this weekend. 

With $50k we'd go to Disney. I'd do a grown up trip then save the rest. 
  • MKD - My H came to almost every appointment.  He came to the first GYN appointment after we were trying for a year.  I got lady shoehorned there and it didn't scare him for life! LOL!  He came to most pre-baby fertility appointments when it fit his schedule.  Once pregnant - he came to all ultrasound apps, which was every other week from 7 until 14 weeks when we switched to the OB.  I gave him the out, since he didn't want to miss too much work.  Once with the OB, I easily scheduled evening appointments, so he came to all of them.  He came to my very first, every week appointment, but it was the only one I had since DD came a month early.  I scheduled the remaining to be earlier in the day and he would have skipped them.  So H was there for just about everything.  I always told him, it's his kid too, but I understand if he didn't want to come to every single appointment.

I basically gave M an open invite to all appts. I told him it wasn't relatively necessary for prenatal because they're with my reg dr. Depending on the time, he prob won't come to many more.

Giggling at "lady shoehorned" because that is the greatest wording ever!! LMFAO
  • 6fsn said:
    Nothing much this weekend. 

You mean Disney isn't a grown up trip? :| shit
  • 6fsn said:
    Nothing much this weekend. 

You mean Disney isn't a grown up trip? :| shit
    Grown up as in no kids. 

Dh always came to the first ob appt and the sex one. He came to the "you're overdue how huge is the baby" ultrasound it's 6let
  • MKD - My H came to almost every appointment.  He came to the first GYN appointment after we were trying for a year.  I got lady shoehorned there and it didn't scare him for life! LOL!  He came to most pre-baby fertility appointments when it fit his schedule.  Once pregnant - he came to all ultrasound apps, which was every other week from 7 until 14 weeks when we switched to the OB.  I gave him the out, since he didn't want to miss too much work.  Once with the OB, I easily scheduled evening appointments, so he came to all of them.  He came to my very first, every week appointment, but it was the only one I had since DD came a month early.  I scheduled the remaining to be earlier in the day and he would have skipped them.  So H was there for just about everything.  I always told him, it's his kid too, but I understand if he didn't want to come to every single appointment.

I basically gave M an open invite to all appts. I told him it wasn't relatively necessary for prenatal because they're with my reg dr. Depending on the time, he prob won't come to many more.

Giggling at "lady shoehorned" because that is the greatest wording ever!! LMFAO

Cannot take credit for the lady shoehorn.  An old poster on TK used that once.  It kinda sticks with you after you've heard that!
  • with the $50k, 2/3  into investments/savings, and travel with the rest.
  • Thanks @OliveOilsMom. I tried it today but the nfl doesn’t allow showings in this country :: rollseyes:: ::and they wonder why they can’t get a following overseas:: we will have to try a VPN. I would LOVE to have football on Thanksgiving.