Honeymoon Discussions

Bermuda or Cayman Islands?

A quick search didn't pull up any recent threads on either of these places - my FI and I are looking to TTC pretty quickly after the wedding, so we were looking at either Bermuda or the Cayman Islands, as they both are clear of local Zika transmissions. I don't have any friends or family who have traveled to either of thse locations, so just wondering if anyone has any tips or input on either of them?

Re: Bermuda or Cayman Islands?

• What are you looking for?  Are you pregnant?  There are many islands in the Caribbean with lovely resorts, and cruises can be a bargain honeymoon that allows you to visit several places.  What time of year?
    The Grand Caymens are very modern and developed for tourists.  Beaches and luxury hotels.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We were looking to babymoon in Bermuda due to Zika concerns too. When is the wedding? Obviously you want to avoid hurricane season if you're going anywhere in the Atlantic. If you're planning during hurricane season (June-Nov) and you want tropical, consider Kauai (Hawaii). It's tropical, mostly hurricane-immune and Zika free.
    *********************************************************************************

• @cmgragain I am not pregnant, but hoping to get pregnant ASAP post-wedding.  We are looking for some place where FI can snorkle and I can be WARM.  We will be traveling in early-mid March.

@southernbelle0915 Hawaii would be lovely, but my FI has really limited PTO, and I don't want to spend that much time traveling unfortunately....we're much closer to the East coast.
  • If you're going in March, I'd go to the Cayman's personally. Bermuda doesn't have the protected reefs that the Caribbean has for snorkeling. 

Very exciting to start TTC!! (insert smiling, handwaving emoji)
    *********************************************************************************

• If you're going in March I'd head to Cayman.    March is warm in Bermuda but it's only going to be slightly warmer than places like the Carolinas.  12 years ago I went in late May and DH wore pants and didn't break a sweat.     You may be able to get into the beach but it's not really summer / sunbathing in Bermuda yet. 

I haven't been to Cayman but I can tell you I LOVED Bermuda when I went.   It has a soft place in my heart and I still have some family there but I can't wait to go back.  
  • I guess Cayman Islands sounds like the winner so far! FI said he would plan the HM, which is giving me some mild panic, ha, but I think with info re: snorkeling he'll be happy. And yes, @southernbelle0915 I'm like, kind of in disbelief that we're getting so close to that time!! AH!
  • Goodness gracious now the travel agent my FI talked to is telling him that we can go to the DR and Jamaica because there are places there that are Zika free.  Sends me a screencap of google. I'll take the CDC thank you very much sir. 
  • MRDCle said:
    Goodness gracious now the travel agent my FI talked to is telling him that we can go to the DR and Jamaica because there are places there that are Zika free.  Sends me a screencap of google. I'll take the CDC thank you very much sir. 
    LOL! S/he probably has higher incentives to send you there. No way!

• MRDCle said:
    Goodness gracious now the travel agent my FI talked to is telling him that we can go to the DR and Jamaica because there are places there that are Zika free.  Sends me a screencap of google. I'll take the CDC thank you very much sir. 
    LOL! S/he probably has higher incentives to send you there. No way!
    Exactly.  FI said he was a little flustered that there are no all-inclusive resorts at those two, so I'm assuming he gets better kick-backs. So there goes having an agent help us out, ha.