Wedding Woes

Orange Dirty Bastard

For real, does this guy even know he's the President of the United States; not the United Nations, or the United Arab Emirates or any other United entity.  He doesn't really have the authority to declare capitals, nor the brain capacity to understand the ramifications here.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-says-u-s-recognizes-jerusalem-as-israels-capital-1512584043?tesla=y

And of course, his escalation of the conflict with North Korea that the Joint Chiefs believe could lead to 300,000 deaths in the first few days:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/opinions/millions-could-die-in-a-war-with-north-korea-opinion-gallego-lieu/?iid=ob_mobile_article_footer_expansion

Re: Orange Dirty Bastard

• This is bad. Like, real bad. I've taught Middle Eastern Politics for years and always talked about the ramifications of a hypothetical decision like this. 

Next semester's class should *interesting*.

• I think much of these decisions are being made to distract from the Mueller investigation.  

Yes. He's been a matador with a cape of tweets and eyeroll worthy decision making for the last year. Hopefully he will meet the same fate as Ivan Fandino, metaphorically of course. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I've had to stop all of my news stuff.  I can't handle it anymore.  No more Foreign Affairs, no more Mother Jones, no more WaPo.  It's all so mind numbingly hurtful.  And to me, the Republican Party will never ever again even have the possibility of me entertaining a vote for them, on any election level, by letting this person into power and then doubling down on that vote.  At least, and this is so godawful to even think, but at least Pence has some idea on how to govern and hopefully wouldn't start WWIII on us.  I can't decide if China is sitting back, bemused, or if they're starting to hear war drums.
  • I'm still not sure.  I think Pence is more controllable by normal traditional restrictions than Trump is.  His stance on LGBTQ issues is horrific, but his..management style, for lack of a better word, is more recognizable than Trump's.  IOW, we know how to handle a Pence and there's logic (albeit disagreeable) logic behind it.  Trump is just...I can't come up with anything other than a hot mess.  
  • VarunaTT said:
    I'm still not sure.  I think Pence is more controllable by normal traditional restrictions than Trump is.  His stance on LGBTQ issues is horrific, but his..management style, for lack of a better word, is more recognizable than Trump's.  IOW, we know how to handle a Pence and there's logic (albeit disagreeable) logic behind it.  Trump is just...I can't come up with anything other than a hot mess.  
    That is a good point and very true. I wouldn't worry about that so much....except that we have a solidly Republican majority Congress who were elected by a Christian base. If those Republicans didn't go along with/support the things Mike Pence wanted to do, they'd probably lose their jobs. And since they really just care about their jobs - not America's actual future and constitutional foundation (freedom of/from religion) - they'll play along. Hence him being able to get more done. If we had a majority Democratic Congress, I wouldn't really worry about a Mike Pence all that much.
    *********************************************************************************

• Did anyone actually see this speech?  I've read everything from dentures to stroke?

https://bossip.com/1607165/oh-no-donald-trumps-slurry-speech-about-jerusalem-leads-to-stroke-speculation-43081/

I didn't see it live, but I saw video and heard audio. I am convinced he has dentures (even though his doctor has said he is in the best shape of any president ever). A similar thing happened a few weeks ago when he needed water while giving a speech during his Asia trip - it sounded like he had a mouthful of marbles. 
  • My internet sleuthing thinks dentures could be it.  Compare his smiles here.  His younger smile has a less perfect shape, protrudes further out, and his teeth are uneven (which could be caps).  But he clearly hasn't had braces.

• Did anyone actually see this speech?  I've read everything from dentures to stroke?

https://bossip.com/1607165/oh-no-donald-trumps-slurry-speech-about-jerusalem-leads-to-stroke-speculation-43081/

I didn't see it live, but I saw video and heard audio. I am convinced he has dentures (even though his doctor has said he is in the best shape of any president ever). A similar thing happened a few weeks ago when he needed water while giving a speech during his Asia trip - it sounded like he had a mouthful of marbles. 
    The Daily Show was making fun of him last night for being too vain to admit he has dentures.  Not that they were implying they knew that for sure.  But it was their guess.  Their joke guess was that someone had shot him with a drugged dart, right before he went out to make that speech.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker