Wedding Woes
Options

Hide yo kids...

No, not your wife, just your kids. Looks like Moore will win. 

CNN's exit polling even shows that 54% of voters said the allegations against him had no bearing on their vote. 

Re: Hide yo kids...

• Options
    Nope!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I never thought I'd be surprised that an outed pedophile lost a national seat. 

But Moore did call for a recount instead of conceding, so there may be a hanging chad still afterall. 
  • Options
    I want this to encourage some hope, but I feel pretty defeated that it was so close between a pedophile, and a qualified candidate. I’m not really surprised, just disappointed, even though yesterday I was sure Moore would win hands down. And white women need to get their shit together. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    I want this to encourage some hope, but I feel pretty defeated that it was so close between a pedophile, and a qualified candidate. I’m not really surprised, just disappointed, even though yesterday I was sure Moore would win hands down. And white women need to get their shit together. 
    A qualified candidate, WHO PROSECUTED THE KKK!! 

Sorry, I'm a little rage-y this morning at my people. Also I see you white, college educated women who 51% of you voted for him. This isn't an educational thing. 
  • Options
    I just read somewhere that McConnel is supposed to swear Jones in basically immediately but plans on holding off until after the tax vote; ala Garland. 
  • Options
    I just read somewhere that McConnel is supposed to swear Jones in basically immediately but plans on holding off until after the tax vote; ala Garland. 
    He's a weasel. 
  • Options
    Of fucking course he is. 

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2017

Yes, sadness with you all that it even had to be that close.  And the betrayal of my own demographic, white women (FFS, seriously!).  But, overall, my feelings are elation.  Elation that AL, to my shock, did the right thing.  Elation that both Trump and Bannon have egg on their face for backing a guy with a low moral character.  Elation that the Republican party is running scared now.  They should be.  They couldn't even keep Alabama!  ALABAMA!!!!  I just can't stop lmao over that. 

I know what it is like to live in a super conservative Republican Southern state.  Where a Republican candidate could practically kill a puppy on stage, rip its heart out and eat it.  And the response would be, "Well, sure, he shouldn't have killed that puppy.  But he's been working so hard.  Fighting to limit people's rights, the way MY God intended.  So, of course, he might get hungry at an inopportune time.  That's just boys will be boys.  It's NBD."  Or some would think the 50K witnesses who saw it are lying anyway.

Edited to add.  A Rep. candidate really has to be THAT bad to lose here.  My further eyeroll is that Moore won't even concede.  Yes Moore, you too, are THAT bad.  Don't add to your disgrace by being even more pathetic.  I read the votes are far enough apart that AL wouldn't even agree to a recount, even if one were asked.

If I were a Republican candidate, I'd start dodging Trump's calls.  "Please, please, Mr. President, NO!!!  Please do not endorse me." lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker