Wedding Woes

Apple Cider Vinegar

13»

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

• kvruns said:
    I didn't ask, she just said she "loves the stuff". 
    I mean no one loves it for the taste - that's for sure. So I wonder if she "loves the stuff" because she thinks it keeps her skinny or regular or energized or whatever claims people have about it. I'm just so curious. But I'm afraid to ask anyone I know because I know it's one of those "so tell me why you eat vegan" questions and you're in for like 25 minutes of health lecture.

I actually do like the taste of ACV, lol.  For example, if I'm doing fish 'n chips, I use a lot.  Where it is "vinegar taste first", then the taste of the fries or fish. Though certainly not to the extent where I would drink a cupful of it.  But I could without too much "ick" reaction.
    Right, that's what I mean. Straight up? Even drinking it diluted? Nah.
    *********************************************************************************

• kvruns said:
    I mean no one loves it for the taste - that's for sure. So I wonder if she "loves the stuff" because she thinks it keeps her skinny or regular or energized or whatever claims people have about it. I'm just so curious. But I'm afraid to ask anyone I know because I know it's one of those "so tell me why you eat vegan" questions and you're in for like 25 minutes of health lecture.

I actually do like the taste of ACV, lol.  For example, if I'm doing fish 'n chips, I use a lot.  Where it is "vinegar taste first", then the taste of the fries or fish. Though certainly not to the extent where I would drink a cupful of it.  But I could without too much "ick" reaction.
    We have some {as I mentioned before, it was to get the tiny black flies over the summer} and apparently M really likes it with chips.
    I prefer malt vinegar if I'm out and want vinegar. I haven't tried ACV, but next time I may have to :)

{side note: marinate maple syrup with melted butter on salmon - delish! Not too much, you want a bit of sweetness but not over powering}
  • kvruns said:

We have some {as I mentioned before, it was to get the tiny black flies over the summer} and apparently M really likes it with chips.
    I prefer malt vinegar if I'm out and want vinegar. I haven't tried ACV, but next time I may have to :)

{side note: marinate maple syrup with melted butter on salmon - delish! Not too much, you want a bit of sweetness but not over powering}
    You're right!  I'm confusing malt vinegar with ACV, though I don't find the tastes that different.  At home, I do use ACV for fish 'n chips just because that's what I have around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

I was going to say, Malt vinegar for chips. ACV wouldn’t really satiate that vinegar taste for me.