New York-Long Island

Atlantis Marine World

My fianc and I are looking for something a bit out of the box. We went to the aquarium last night and are really impressed. The planner seemed really attentive she spent 2.5 hours answering my mom's questions!! and both spaces are really beautiful. However, I'd like to hear from people who have either been to a wedding or event there, or have had their wedding there before booking. Can anyone offer up some information about service, food or really anything?

Thanks!

Re: Atlantis Marine World

• edited September 2012
    I'm having my wedding there May 2013.  We had the same experience, the coordinator spent about 2 1/2 hours with us then sent us off afterwards to roam the aquarium by ourselves again.  So far eveything is going good.  They answer all my questions.  I often email Tracy Tozza and she gets back to me super quick.  My finace' and I also went to the Bridal showcase they had there in March and it was great the food is awesome.  And the whole set up was great.  Tracy also set us up for a dinner with the chef to try the different kinds of food they offer.  It was great and free.  So definitly ask about that.  There is another Bridal showcase there Thursday Oct 4th.  You should definitly go and see how they set evrything up and you'll get to try the food too, plus they give you lots of goodies.  My fiance' and I didn't want the traditional wedding so we think this is going to be great.  And I've heard from many people who have been to weddings there that its just amazing.  Hope this helps you!! Congrats.
  • I'm looking at Atlantis Marine World for my son and future daughter-in-law. But before we make an appointment I am trying to decide if it is in our price range.

Do you thing you could share the price points with me?
  • I negotiated and negotiated to get it below $100.00 per plate, which was tough but I got it pretty much just around the $100.00 mark.  Saturday prices depending on the month can range from $100.00 a plate - $130.00 a plate.  Thats also for a sit down dinner.  Buffet is always cheaper.  Friday night prices ranged from $90-$120 per plate.  I think you just really have to negotiate with them.  Book your appointment soon too b/c they have people booking parties all the way through 2017. 
  • Thanks for your help!
    Good luck and Congrats!
  • It was a great place to have a wedding.  My guests loved the fish everywhere, none of my friends had a wedding like that before.  Food was good, and I loved the photos there compared to all my friends who just have the basic outside ones.  I still have the link to them.   

http://www.ljophotography.com/weddings/monica-and-nick-atlantis-marine-world 

In Response to Atlantis Marine World:
    [QUOTE]My fianc and I are looking for something a bit out of the box. We went to the aquarium last night and are really impressed. The planner seemed really attentive she spent 2.5 hours answering my mom's questions!! and both spaces are really beautiful. However, I'd like to hear from people who have either been to a wedding or event there, or have had their wedding there before booking. Can anyone offer up some information about service, food or really anything? Thanks!
    Posted by FutureMerz[/QUOTE]
  • I went to Atlantis Marine World for a fundraiser that included dinner and dancing.  The dinner was cold by the time they carried it out of the kitchen- we were able to see from the angle of our table that it was waiting in the hallway until more was ready so it could be served at one time. 

The biggest problem about the whole event was the smell. There was something dreadful about eating salmon and swordfish as other fish swam by our plates.  Even as a seafood lover and enthusiast, it was difficult to stomach.  

In all, this is not the place for a nice affair.  This is where you take your 5 year old on a Sunday afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards