New York-Long Island

Honeymoon Registries?

It's a little early, but I've been thinking about making a HM registry with a very small gift registry.

If I could do this, would I have to have a bridal shower (etiquette qustions)?  Or is it improper to have a registry without a shower?

Thoughts, facts, experiences, websites, links?

Re: Honeymoon Registries?

• If you are planning on having a HM registry and only a very small physical gift registry, a bridal shower would look like a blatant cash grab, and you'd run the risk of offending people.  In your situation, I'd skip the shower.  

Also, HM registries are very frowned upon by many people.  You may want to check out these older threads from the main Etiquette board on HM registries for more about why:

imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Read it.
    I see how people think it's rude, but when it boils down to it, they are going to spend the money on crap for the house anyway.

Instead of buying a blender for$50 or lennox crystal  glass sets for nearly $100, they can purchase a $50 or $100 HM registry.

I'm leaning towards BOTH a traditional registry with the HM registry option.  This way it's a CHOICE, not an obligation.

Needless to say, I know so many people who are so busy and bored with running to Macy's or Target to spend $100 on something, wrap it, etc.  Some may find it easier to just give the HM gift option IMO.

Thanks for the advice and the forum research, it was helpful :)
  • i JUST had my shower and i did a HM registry and a VERY VERY VERY small registry at BB&B (very small only had a total of 10 things on it)
    yes there were some people who didnt like the idea, those were my moms friends. who just dont like the idea of change, most of those ladies didnt even have registries when they got married so the idea of a HM registry just doesnt sit right.

but whatever!  me and FH have been living together for years, we have a small brooklyn apt and already have everything we need, and honestly no room for lil stuff like a baby cakes cupcake maker...

after months of hearing my mom complain about how there will not be enough gifts to open, she was proven wrong. even her complaining friends bought stuff off my HM registery - every thing was purchased actually off of it. AND they still got stuff off my BB&B on..i was very spoiled in every way. it was a great day and i actually turned some non believers and now they love honeyfund cause "it was soo easy"

in the long run, these ppl WANT to buy you something, put what you want and dont worry. just give them that small registry so they cant complain as much
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Well said, Irish!
  • In Response to Re:Honeymoon Registries?:[QUOTE]i JUST had my shower and i did a HM registry and a VERY VERY VERY small registry at BBamp;B very small only had a total of 10 things on ityes there were some people who didnt like the idea, those were my moms friends. who just dont like the idea of change, most of those ladies didnt even have registries when they got married so the idea of a HM registry just doesnt sit right.but whatever!nbsp; me and FH have been living together for years, we have a small brooklyn apt and already have everything we need, and honestly no room for lil stuff like a baby cakes cupcake maker...after months of hearing my mom complain about how there will not be enough gifts to open, she was proven wrong. even her complaining friends bought stuff off my HM registery every thing was purchased actually off of it. AND they still got stuff off my BBamp;B on..i was very spoiled in every way. it was a great day and i actually turned some non believers and now they love honeyfund cause "it was soo easy" in the long run, these ppl WANT to buy you something, put what you want and dont worry. just give them that small registry so they cant complain as much Posted by irisheyezrsmilen[/QUOTE]

We're in the same boat... And we live in a TINY studio apartment. No space for anything every gift we have gotten we had to return. A lot of them we loved but we didn't have a choice. :

Haha how can we classily just say we need money? We have no space for any gifts currently. My feeling is if they're gonna get u something from a honeymoon registry they might as well just give u cash.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards