Wedding Reception Forum

Seating Charts - Where to print? Help Needed!

I am getting married March 2 (38 days - eek!) and I really want to have a seating chart at my wedding with place cards at the tables. Currently, I'm struggling with where to print it so that I can pick it up or have it delivered just a couple days before the wedding (so I can make sure I get all my RSVPs in). I'm located in Minneapolis-St. Paul area, so can anyone local give me some ideas?

I've looked into getting a poster printed online and then having it delivered, but I'm worried about needing to leave a buffer of three-ish weeks to allow for printing and delivery time - I just don't think I'll have that much spare time after getting in all responses. (Seriously - it's like pulling teeth with the invitees! So frustrating!)

Re: Seating Charts - Where to print? Help Needed!

• I am getting married March 2 (38 days - eek!) and I really want to have a seating chart at my wedding with place cards at the tables. Currently, I'm struggling with where to print it so that I can pick it up or have it delivered just a couple days before the wedding (so I can make sure I get all my RSVPs in). I'm located in Minneapolis-St. Paul area, so can anyone local give me some ideas?

I've looked into getting a poster printed online and then having it delivered, but I'm worried about needing to leave a buffer of three-ish weeks to allow for printing and delivery time - I just don't think I'll have that much spare time after getting in all responses. (Seriously - it's like pulling teeth with the invitees! So frustrating!)
    Hi, OP - congrats on your upcoming wedding! Just a heads up, this is an international board, so you might get more responses if you post on the local board for Minneapolis & St. Paul. 

That being said, I am in Boston but could try to offer suggestions. How big is the board? Are you going to have it mounted on foamcore or Gypboard? How much time will you have in between when you have the finished seating chart ready to print and when you need to pick it up? 

If your needs are relatively simple, I would imagine that a local Staples or FedEx-Kinkos nearby would be able to help you no problem. If one of these locations is near you or your venue, could you reach out to their printing department to ask if this is feasible?
  • I’ve had big sturdy boards printed at Costco and Staples day-of.  
  • I agree with PPs Costco and Staples are quick and inexpensive.
  • I would find 2-3 different companies that I've talked to in person that can do it, so you have a backup if for some unforseen reason the printer is down at the first company!