New York-Long Island

Riviera Massapequa??

I am looking for a pretty/economical  long island  venue by water for a wedding reception next year. Does anyone know of the Riviera in Massapequa or have other recommendations? The reviewsfor Riviera sucked but they were posted in 2003 so I am hoping they have gotten it together by then.

Re: Riviera Massapequa??

• edited December 2011
    I've been there. Food was good. Outdoor cocktail hour is beautiful. Room layout is a little strange. Most reviews I've heard other than my own experience there have been good. A few blunders have been heard of, but nothing really terrible.
  • rikachikarikachika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my roomate was married there in May - They were great to work with!! Just be sure to write out a script for the materde.  He got the parents manes wrong.
    Food - great- the room is a little weird but as long as you don't ahve too many its fine.  Great our doors - the pictures were excellent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Try Bridgeview...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AmandalovesAlAmandalovesAl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and i looked at this place...i had been to one or 2 wedding there in the past...the manager that gave us the tour was the most annoying woman in the world.  The layout is really akward and though its pretty outside, its a real round-about way to get there from the reception room, so if you want to go outside during the reception, you are leaving the party.  They charge you for chair covers and such too.  I really felt like they were trying to sell us.  She handed us paperwork saying all this stuff (ie the cholcoate fountatin) was included...then said to us 'if i like you, i'll throw in the chocolate fountain'.  Really weird and not a good vibe.  Not the place for us.

We booked the WM! Couldn't be happier!!!
    imageimageVacation Till our honeymoon!!!
  • edited December 2011
    The place is pretty, the layout was indeed wierd..  Didnt really care for the food.. I went there for a showcase, with a few ppl.. MOH etc.. we all agreed the food was ehh.. I would say the brideview also..
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding there next October 2011 and I think that they have been wonderful so far.  My parents went for a food tasting there for me and thought the food was good. I had found some more recent reviews of the Riviera and they were much better than the older ones that you found (which I found too).  I was concerned when originally reading them as well.  What I love about the Riviera is that everyone seems to be so nice, they threw in so many extras for free for us, and I love the atmosphere that it isn't cookie cutter like everything else I had found.  It looks more homey and unique then having everything be white and frilly.  I think it has an old world country charm to it not to mention right on the water with beautiful views.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LMoncloud9LMoncloud9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went there last month to look for venues for my wedding and I was not impressed. I had read mixed reviews about it, but the pictures seemed nice so we went. 
    It's right on the water which is nice, but once you go in, its definitely a different vibe. 
    The place has more of an antique feel for it. It was built in 19-something; a very long time ago. 
    Depending on your wedding colors I would really reconsider using Riviera. The carpet is this awful old pale green color...as are the chairs in the cocktail/bar area. The outside is really the only nice part that looks updated, but even then - the greenery/shrubs/flowers were all dried out and wilted - certainly not picture perfect. 
    I agree with everyone above - the room lay out is very weird. 
    the bridal suite felt really really cramped - I think it was the low ceilings - which wouldn't be a problem, but I'm 5'2", so if the ceiling feels low to me, that's not a good sign. 
    The woman that we sat down with was really nice, but the place did not at all have the feel that we were going for. 
    Hope this helps!

• kdkdimazkdkdimaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was robbed from here..  The owners did not care.  IF you plan to have your wedding there, they suggest you lock up your valuables in YOUR on car.  Also tell all of your invites to watch their personal belongings and pocket books.
  • edited December 2011
    went to a wedding there 2 years ago... cocktail hour was better than the actual dinner.  The space is SO awkward... its VERY hard to see the dance floor from wherever you are sitting which is where all the main events happen.  Outside is beautiful for cocktail hour and a great view for pictures.  Just wasnt impressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards