Wedding Woes

Wednesday!!

How's it going?  

It's dreary here, BUT it's a great day because our governor is going to sign Sunday alcohol sales into law TODAY!  w00t, w00t!  It takes effect immediately.  :D 

Other than that...SSDD.  School and work.  ;) 
OliveOilsMomahoyweddingkimmiinthemitten
«13

Re: Wednesday!!

  • 6fsn6fsn
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its Name Dropper
    member
    Meeting at 915. It's 920 and I'm the only one here. 

    Lots of little things today. 
  • Not much.
    Yesterday was my glucose test. Yeh I have no idea how that will end up being because I felt really nauseous and light headed about 15mins after drinking the stuff.
    I was put in the back room with a bag just in case. I wasn't sick {that would have voided it FYI} but luckily it was near lunch hour, so I had M come pick me up. I really didn't trust myself afterwards walking home.

    I snacked a bit on some mashed potatoes {my stomach felt unsettled for the rest of the day} and watched Gossip Girl until M came back to pick me up for my OB appt.

    I let my OB know about what happened. Like the nurses at the clinic said, it's not uncommon but it's good they know.
    I also got some info on what the lower back pain is. They're testing to rule out UTI - only because lower back pain can sometimes be that - but she figures RMT would help.
    This is just a worse level of the issue I had at 16 weeks .... I think this will just be an issue constantly until baby's born.


    Otherwise, nothing. After OB appt I ended up getting a smoothie from Pinkberry - strawberry and banana - to help myself feel better. I just hope I don't fail that test. I don't wanna do it again.
    <a href="https://babysizer.com/geeky"><img src="https://babysizer.com/geeky-2018-06-08.jpg" alt="Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker"></a>
  • Work, work, and more work. Finally starting to feel like this two full-time job thing was a little insane. H asked about it last night and whether I should keep doing it. I don't know exactly what my other options would be, but I definitely feel like I never have any free time and that I'm constantly working. 

    We're seeing a few houses tonight, then more this weekend. I'm hoping we find ours soon. 
    levioosa
  • Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 
    That sounds delightful. 
  • @mrsconn23, I think you need to go buy alcohol this Sunday just because you can!

    I left work early yesterday to get errands done and help my H paint.  I'd originally been considering taking today off and help with the painting more, but one of our tenants called for something minor on Monday.  Long story short, this tenant has today off from work and my H roped him into making some side cash and help us paint, lol.  At least now I'm off the hook for today!  Though I know there will be more painting and cleaning in my future.  I'm just hoping to not have to take any more work off for it.

    We have another showing tonight.  I need to e-mail them a warning that painting is taking a couple days longer than expected and things are still in disarray (eek).  But hopefully that won't be an issue.  As it stands right now, you need a bit of "vision" to see the potential of the unit, lol.  But not a lot.

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 

    I never even thought of that!

    Can one even call it Sunday brunch, if mimosas and blood marys aren't available for those who want to partake?  Not in my world!  Sunday brunch=mimosas.

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    charlotte989875
  • Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 
    I can only think of a handful of times it ever impacted me, and even then it wasn't a big deal. I think when it has always been that way you know to plan ahead and it never was a big deal. Now for tourists with big events going on it was more of a headache. Although there are still ways around it at least for beer with carry out growlers at some restaurants (still a relatively new concept). 

    My H and I were talking about it and even though it has been something people have wanted forever it probably won't be a big deal. 
    charlotte989875
  • mrsconn23 said:
    How's it going?  

    It's dreary here, BUT it's a great day because our governor is going to sign Sunday alcohol sales into law TODAY!  w00t, w00t!  It takes effect immediately.  :D 

    Other than that...SSDD.  School and work.  ;) 
    Wow, that takes me back! I remember when there was no shopping, period, on Sundays or any Holidays. Now it's just Stat holidays that don't have any shopping unless you are in a designated tourist area. 
    MissKittyDanger

  • As someone who is currently seeing a ton of houses, this would not bother me in the slightest. The weird shit people leave out in their houses when they're being showed baffles me sometimes. 
    I learned the hard way on this. I thought it was odd that there was a bathrobe hanging on the closet door but I just figured the person didn't care or forgot about it. As I learned after I bought the house, the bathrobe was covering a fist sized hole in the door. Whatever house I buy next you can be sure I will be moving every single item, rug, etc like that. 
    southernbelle0915charlotte989875OliveOilsMom
  • Today was the last day of the 4 day gig I had. It went really well and I am hoping it leads to more work in the future. Going back to the states in a little more than a month won’t help but I am excited to get it out of the way. 
    Tomorrow, friend and I will go to a horse show that some ladies I know are riding in. I can’t wait to catch up with her. I haven’t hung out with her 1on1 in months.
    charlotte989875
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23
    Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    member
    edited February 28
    Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 

    I never even thought of that!

    Can one even call it Sunday brunch, if mimosas and blood marys aren't available for those who want to partake?  Not in my world!  Sunday brunch=mimosas.

    You can order in restaurants and buy carry out from breweries or wineries, but no package liquor store or grocery store carry-out sales were allowed.  So either you go out to eat and pay $$$ for alcohol or you have to make sure you get your 'Sunday beer' on Saturday (or go out of your way to go to a brewery/winery to buy and again, it's $$$ to do that too...OR people close to the border would go to MI, KY, OH, or IL to buy alcohol)...but no more.  :D 

    Our package liquor lobby is strong and IN is a deeply red state (some people act like we're part of the south around here...it's odd), so there was a lot of push back from the liquor lobby and the conservative Christians.  But this issue has been on the table off and on at least a dozen times in the 20 years I've lived here.  The push in the last 3-4 years to allow Sunday sales finally overtook the naysayers. 
  • kvruns said:


    As someone who is currently seeing a ton of houses, this would not bother me in the slightest. The weird shit people leave out in their houses when they're being showed baffles me sometimes. 
    I learned the hard way on this. I thought it was odd that there was a bathrobe hanging on the closet door but I just figured the person didn't care or forgot about it. As I learned after I bought the house, the bathrobe was covering a fist sized hole in the door. Whatever house I buy next you can be sure I will be moving every single item, rug, etc like that. 
    I'm sorry, but that's pretty funny! I get it that people still have to live in houses when they're trying to sell a lot of the time, so their stuff has to be around. But c'mon put away the dirty clothes and make it smell nice. We saw one where the house was actually pretty cool, but it smelled terribly, there were clothes everywhere, there were weird pictures and tons of furniture everywhere so it was hard to get past all of that and see the house. We passed because it needed work, but agent kept saying how much better it would show if they picked up (and aired) out the house. 
  • edited February 28
    kvruns said:
    I learned the hard way on this. I thought it was odd that there was a bathrobe hanging on the closet door but I just figured the person didn't care or forgot about it. As I learned after I bought the house, the bathrobe was covering a fist sized hole in the door. Whatever house I buy next you can be sure I will be moving every single item, rug, etc like that. 
    When we were house hunting, we found this too. People are shady. I remember doing a head tilt at an odd rug placement only to lift it up and see MAJOR water damage to the hardwood floors. We crossed the house off the list right then and there. If the see
    *********************************************************************************

    image
  • Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 
    You should be excited. That sounds wonderful :)
    <a href="https://babysizer.com/geeky"><img src="https://babysizer.com/geeky-2018-06-08.jpg" alt="Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker"></a>
  • mrsconn23 said:
    How's it going?  

    It's dreary here, BUT it's a great day because our governor is going to sign Sunday alcohol sales into law TODAY!  w00t, w00t!  It takes effect immediately.  :D 

    Other than that...SSDD.  School and work.  ;) 
    Wow, that takes me back! I remember when there was no shopping, period, on Sundays or any Holidays. Now it's just Stat holidays that don't have any shopping unless you are in a designated tourist area. 
    Small towns still do this with exception of a couple stores {ie; grocery store and I think pharmacy}
    <a href="https://babysizer.com/geeky"><img src="https://babysizer.com/geeky-2018-06-08.jpg" alt="Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker"></a>
  • kvruns said:
    I learned the hard way on this. I thought it was odd that there was a bathrobe hanging on the closet door but I just figured the person didn't care or forgot about it. As I learned after I bought the house, the bathrobe was covering a fist sized hole in the door. Whatever house I buy next you can be sure I will be moving every single item, rug, etc like that. 
    When we were house hunting, we found this too. People are shady. I remember doing a head tilt at an odd rug placement only to lift it up and see MAJOR water damage to the hardwood floors. We crossed the house off the list right then and there. If the see
    This is why I hate seeing houses when people still live there. I'm not totally turned off by a house that needs repairs (we can do a ton ourselves), but I am not even going to consider a house if it feels like they're hiding what needs to be done. 

    We saw one a few weeks ago (pretty sure it was an estate selling the house) where there was water damage on some floors and drywall; the sellers had actually pulled back carpet so people could see how limited the damage was. I actually really appreciate that; at least you know what you're getting. 
    mrsconn23ShesSoCold
  • kvruns said:
    I learned the hard way on this. I thought it was odd that there was a bathrobe hanging on the closet door but I just figured the person didn't care or forgot about it. As I learned after I bought the house, the bathrobe was covering a fist sized hole in the door. Whatever house I buy next you can be sure I will be moving every single item, rug, etc like that. 
    When we were house hunting, we found this too. People are shady. I remember doing a head tilt at an odd rug placement only to lift it up and see MAJOR water damage to the hardwood floors. We crossed the house off the list right then and there. If the see
    I also had that with a rug, it wasn't weirdly placed though so I never thought to move it (and my realtor didn't either). There was discoloration under the rug but fortunately it was a spot where I put one anyway (it was from the outside slider into the kitchen) so it wasn't a big deal 
    charlotte989875
  • kvruns said:
    I learned the hard way on this. I thought it was odd that there was a bathrobe hanging on the closet door but I just figured the person didn't care or forgot about it. As I learned after I bought the house, the bathrobe was covering a fist sized hole in the door. Whatever house I buy next you can be sure I will be moving every single item, rug, etc like that. 
    When we were house hunting, we found this too. People are shady. I remember doing a head tilt at an odd rug placement only to lift it up and see MAJOR water damage to the hardwood floors. We crossed the house off the list right then and there. If the see
    This is why I hate seeing houses when people still live there. I'm not totally turned off by a house that needs repairs (we can do a ton ourselves), but I am not even going to consider a house if it feels like they're hiding what needs to be done. 

    We saw one a few weeks ago (pretty sure it was an estate selling the house) where there was water damage on some floors and drywall; the sellers had actually pulled back carpet so people could see how limited the damage was. I actually really appreciate that; at least you know what you're getting. 
    Yes.  I definitely had an easier time with houses that weren't lived in when we were house-hunting.  Our house had actually been empty for several years before we moved in.  People are shady AF about hiding stuff and also, shit does come up during an inspection (like holes and water damage)...so why try to hide it? 
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya
    Moderator 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    mod

    In our house, there were some tiles in the drop ceiling in the basement with water damage. The sellers had moved them so people would look in that area, see nothing wrong and move on. Thankfully H was smart enough to notice that they'd been moved and when we came back for a second look, he checked the entire ceiling.

    So, yesterday we had these wellness exams things for our health insurance at work. Mine was completely incorrect and the examiner was terrible. It showed that I have high cholesterol and my BMI was 28. But they gave me my height and weight and the little formula they use to calculate BMI. I did the math myself (using their formula) and it gave me a BMI of 21.7. And I've never even been close to high cholesterol and I got my labs done just a couple months ago with my doctor.

    So now I have to go to a lab place to get them re-done. Awesome.

    Otherwise, SSDD. H sleeps on the couch for the first few days after a tattoo and it's SO NICE. He says he's coming back to bed tonight. I wonder if I don't change the sheets if I can get another day in solitude.

    image
    MissKittyDangerOliveOilsMom
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 

    I never even thought of that!

    Can one even call it Sunday brunch, if mimosas and blood marys aren't available for those who want to partake?  Not in my world!  Sunday brunch=mimosas.

    You can order in restaurants and buy carry out from breweries or wineries, but no package liquor store or grocery store carry-out sales were allowed.  So either you go out to eat and pay $$$ for alcohol or you have to make sure you get your 'Sunday beer' on Saturday (or go out of your way to go to a brewery/winery to buy and again, it's $$$ to do that too...OR people close to the border would go to MI, KY, OH, or IL to buy alcohol)...but no more.  :D 

    Our package liquor lobby is strong and IN is a deeply red state (some people act like we're part of the south around here...it's odd), so there was a lot of push back from the liquor lobby and the conservative Christians.  But this issue has been on the table off and on at least a dozen times in the 20 years I've lived here.  The push in the last 3-4 years to allow Sunday sales finally overtook the naysayers. 
    Ugh.   Preach.    CT only added Sunday sales and extension to 9 PM about 15 years ago.   Before that you could only buy alcohol to bring home Mon - Sat until 8 PM.   Now that's extended to 9 with Sunday sales available as well.  

    You can buy wine and beer at breweries and wineries but that can be a haul depending on what you need.

    Also, sales are stopped on holidays.   So a 4th of July on a Saturday means if you didn't plan well you were SOL. 
  • banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 

    I never even thought of that!

    Can one even call it Sunday brunch, if mimosas and blood marys aren't available for those who want to partake?  Not in my world!  Sunday brunch=mimosas.

    You can order in restaurants and buy carry out from breweries or wineries, but no package liquor store or grocery store carry-out sales were allowed.  So either you go out to eat and pay $$$ for alcohol or you have to make sure you get your 'Sunday beer' on Saturday (or go out of your way to go to a brewery/winery to buy and again, it's $$$ to do that too...OR people close to the border would go to MI, KY, OH, or IL to buy alcohol)...but no more.  :D 

    Our package liquor lobby is strong and IN is a deeply red state (some people act like we're part of the south around here...it's odd), so there was a lot of push back from the liquor lobby and the conservative Christians.  But this issue has been on the table off and on at least a dozen times in the 20 years I've lived here.  The push in the last 3-4 years to allow Sunday sales finally overtook the naysayers. 
    Ugh.   Preach.    CT only added Sunday sales and extension to 9 PM about 15 years ago.   Before that you could only buy alcohol to bring home Mon - Sat until 8 PM.   Now that's extended to 9 with Sunday sales available as well.  

    You can buy wine and beer at breweries and wineries but that can be a haul depending on what you need.

    Also, sales are stopped on holidays.   So a 4th of July on a Saturday means if you didn't plan well you were SOL. 
    Oh eff that.  We got holiday sales passed awhile ago.   Restrictive liquor laws are so, so dumb about lining some lobbyist's (or lobbying organization's) pockets. 
  • @ShesSoCold ; What tatt did your H get?
    <a href="https://babysizer.com/geeky"><img src="https://babysizer.com/geeky-2018-06-08.jpg" alt="Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker"></a>
  • levioosalevioosa Southern California
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    member
    kvruns said:
    I learned the hard way on this. I thought it was odd that there was a bathrobe hanging on the closet door but I just figured the person didn't care or forgot about it. As I learned after I bought the house, the bathrobe was covering a fist sized hole in the door. Whatever house I buy next you can be sure I will be moving every single item, rug, etc like that. 
    When we were house hunting, we found this too. People are shady. I remember doing a head tilt at an odd rug placement only to lift it up and see MAJOR water damage to the hardwood floors. We crossed the house off the list right then and there. If the see
    This is why I hate seeing houses when people still live there. I'm not totally turned off by a house that needs repairs (we can do a ton ourselves), but I am not even going to consider a house if it feels like they're hiding what needs to be done. 

    We saw one a few weeks ago (pretty sure it was an estate selling the house) where there was water damage on some floors and drywall; the sellers had actually pulled back carpet so people could see how limited the damage was. I actually really appreciate that; at least you know what you're getting. 
    We walked into one house when we were looking only to be met with not one, but two dead cockroaches on the floor. That was the highlight of that house. We noped right out of there. 

    So, yesterday I went to take care of my ticket. The officer who wrote it checked off the “non-correctable” box so instead of $25 and showing proof of insurance, it’s $900. I asked for a court date instead of paying it to see if the judge would forgive it, and then I called my mom to talk and she told me she’d gotten a letter from the police department a week ago. I asked her to open it and it was a note saying the violation was being changed from a “non-correctable” to a “correctable” issue. I’m like this would have been nice to mention, oh, I don’t know, a week ago? So I have to go back today to see if they will accept it. And then if they don’t I have court tomorrow. Ugh. I don’t understand why it wasn’t fixed in the system either. 

    School today, which I desperately want to skip. I have a massage tomorrow scheduled for my birthday and then we’re going out to dinner with my parents. 


    image
    charlotte989875
  • mrsconn23 said:
    How's it going?  

    It's dreary here, BUT it's a great day because our governor is going to sign Sunday alcohol sales into law TODAY!  w00t, w00t!  It takes effect immediately.  :D 

    Other than that...SSDD.  School and work.  ;) 
    Wow, that takes me back! I remember when there was no shopping, period, on Sundays or any Holidays. Now it's just Stat holidays that don't have any shopping unless you are in a designated tourist area. 
    Small towns still do this with exception of a couple stores {ie; grocery store and I think pharmacy}
    Oh yeah, but it was de rigueur until I was out of High School. I remember going "Boxing Day" shopping in the States because most stores didn't reopen after the holidays until December 27 or 28.
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Not being able to buy alcohol on Sundays makes my heart sad for the good people of your state. I hope the new law extends to restaurants so that you can have all the mimosas and bloody marys for Sunday brunch. 

    Today is my Thursday because I'm taking Friday off this week to get a prenatal massage, a pedicure and to have a quiet lunch by myself. I'm super excited. 

    I never even thought of that!

    Can one even call it Sunday brunch, if mimosas and blood marys aren't available for those who want to partake?  Not in my world!  Sunday brunch=mimosas.

    You can order in restaurants and buy carry out from breweries or wineries, but no package liquor store or grocery store carry-out sales were allowed.  So either you go out to eat and pay $$$ for alcohol or you have to make sure you get your 'Sunday beer' on Saturday (or go out of your way to go to a brewery/winery to buy and again, it's $$$ to do that too...OR people close to the border would go to MI, KY, OH, or IL to buy alcohol)...but no more.  :D 

    Our package liquor lobby is strong and IN is a deeply red state (some people act like we're part of the south around here...it's odd), so there was a lot of push back from the liquor lobby and the conservative Christians.  But this issue has been on the table off and on at least a dozen times in the 20 years I've lived here.  The push in the last 3-4 years to allow Sunday sales finally overtook the naysayers. 
    Ugh.   Preach.    CT only added Sunday sales and extension to 9 PM about 15 years ago.   Before that you could only buy alcohol to bring home Mon - Sat until 8 PM.   Now that's extended to 9 with Sunday sales available as well.  

    You can buy wine and beer at breweries and wineries but that can be a haul depending on what you need.

    Also, sales are stopped on holidays.   So a 4th of July on a Saturday means if you didn't plan well you were SOL. 
    Oh eff that.  We got holiday sales passed awhile ago.   Restrictive liquor laws are so, so dumb about lining some lobbyist's (or lobbying organization's) pockets. 
    Welcome to Ontario...Unless you're a designated tourist zone, only some restaurants are open on Stat holidays and they usually have shortened hours. 
    MissKittyDanger
  • ShesSoColdShesSoCold bend over and I'll show ya
    Moderator 5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    mod
    edited February 28
    @ShesSoCold ; What tatt did your H get?


    Ummmmm....I think it's a tiger with a bunch of arrows in it.

    IDK, H is weird. His artist is his artistic soul mate and the artist will just randomly draw stuff in his free time and H will love them and get them.

    ETA: No, I lied. It's a rat riding an eel. Here's the outline. He got some of it colored in on Saturday.


    image
    MissKittyDangercharlotte989875OliveOilsMom
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards