Wedding Woes

Thursday...

I can't decide if the owner and HR manager hate me so they dumped me in this department or if they think I'm wonderful and am going to fix this shitshow. I'm thinking it's the former...

There's two other CSRs in this dept. One super shitty lady who doesn't think she should have to actually do her job and spends all of her time whining and the other is that dumbest person ever I mentioned the other day.

This morning, I was CCed on an email that a client sent to Idiot Lady, asking for a response to an email he sent her last week. She responded super rudely with "Please check your emails from Monday the 26th as I responded them." No greeting, nothing else. So I read through the email from this morning and it was regarding something completely different. SMH.

Anyway, long stupid story to start my day. How's everyone else doing?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Thursday...

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2018
    I cannot stand clipped/rude replies via e-mail.  I had one earlier this week from another department (this lady has a habit of responding to you like you're fucking stupid, even though I only ever send over requests to her department that falls under her fucking job, but that area is full of people who think they're hot shit).  *sigh*  I feel ya.  

It's rainy today.  I'm in blah-ish mood.  I also changed up my workout yesterday and I'm feeling it.  Sore muscles FTW.  ;)  

Reading through Prudie right now.  Definitely some stuff to talk about.  :) 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    I cannot stand clipped/rude replies via e-mail.  I had one earlier this week from another department (this lady has a habit of responding to you like you're fucking stupid, even though I only ever send over requests to her department that falls under her fucking job, but that area is full of people who think they're hot shit).  *sigh*  I feel ya.  

It's rainy today.  I'm in blah-ish mood.  I also changed up my workout yesterday and I'm feeling it.  Sore muscles FTW.  ;)  

I agree. This is a client, even if you did respond before, you make it sound like it's your fault and say something like, "I apologize that the original email must not have come through." and attach the actual information. UGH.

What workouts were/are you doing? I'm going to finish my third round of these Barre style online videos I'm doing and I'm thinking I should do something different.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Saw three more houses last night; all were busts. One was too small (like, way smaller than they listed online and it's for sale by owner), the other two were huge but needed massive updating and were already at the top of our budget so they're out. We're fine to do  updating, but not when the house is already at our max. So the search continues. 

H also wants to consider foreclosures and the just the idea of that is bugging me. He rules some houses out because "they're too much work" but the wants to see foreclosures?! What do you think is going to happen there? ugh. Home buying is the second worst. (Because selling a house is still worse).  
  • @ShesSoCold - I'm assuming CSR stands for Customer Service Representative. If that's the case, Idiot Lady needs to check herself on sending clipped, check-yourself-type emails. And even if that's not the case, minimum professional standards call for a salutation and a "Thanks, Idiot Lady" to close. Not hard. Goes a long way.

We have another vendor coming out to look at and quote our skylights today. We have four in two different rooms. Only one is leaking but we think they're all the same age so we're thinking about replacing all of them. I had no idea how much skylights cost. Sweet baby Jesus in a manger. 
    *********************************************************************************

• mrsconn23 said:

I will take the clipped over the two that I've received this week. I got one from an accounting department for a major corporation in purple comic sans...no. Another came at me in all caps...no, from the head of the company because she didn't agree with the terms of her contract. 

We are expecting a major snow storm today. I have tomorrow off to take DS to a physiotherapy referral that we've been waiting 8 months for. 
  • @ShesSoCold There's passive-aggressive, then there's rude. That was just rude. We've had people do that, and we'll typically respond with the email sent {showing the date} but more passive-aggressive like "We sent this email on this date. Please double check your inbox and junk folder."
    Any chance you can get moved outta that dept?

@mrsconn23 Get fit yo!

@charlotte989875 I feel you. At least you guys are handy, M isn't and he'll admit that. So many houses were busts because there was something to fix. One house would have been a great flip house because it was just so run down {our realtor actually contacted other realtor advising it was also a mess and not show ready - but that's a diff story}

So my mind is still reeling and it's kinda my own fault.

Tuesday was my OB appt, and yesterday I was trying to figure out the corolation between having to measure cervix vs possibly having UTI {which my OB doesn't think I do - she figures it's the ligaments - but back pain = UTI test to be sure}

ANYWAYS I've put myself into a tizzy, because I made the mistake of googling reasons why she'd wanna measure my cervix at nearly 26 weeks.
    Apparently they want to see length and ensure I'm not in preterm labour.
    PROBLEM is that if I am, it means bed rest. Early mat leave likely.

I think my biggest issue is that if it was a month from now {March 30th, i'll be 30 weeks} I could mentally think "oh there's only single digit weeks left, that makes sense" but it just feels too early.

..... and this is how my mind starts reeling.

I'm just ... idk. I'm trying to be zen because stress will not help at all. M has already given me crap about Googling. I'm just gonna follow up after ultrasound to ensure everything's okay.
  • mrsconn23 said:

I agree. This is a client, even if you did respond before, you make it sound like it's your fault and say something like, "I apologize that the original email must not have come through." and attach the actual information. UGH.

What workouts were/are you doing? I'm going to finish my third round of these Barre style online videos I'm doing and I'm thinking I should do something different.

We have Beachbody on demand.  I'm a sucker for Cize, but I decided to do some yoga yesterday (I really need to rotate it in more often) and my abs are on fire. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

We have Beachbody on demand.  I'm a sucker for Cize, but I decided to do some yoga yesterday (I really need to rotate it in more often) and my abs are on fire. 
    I love Cize. I also love the Three Week Yoga retreat; I do it with running. Veetus (sp?) is my favorite!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

I love Barre classes, but a) it's an excuse to leave my house, and b) I used to dance and it's a good conditioning work out. 

My recommendation is just to find something that you enjoy and keep doing it. Something that you will stick with in the long term, not something that's a fad or that is meh, but works. 
  • @ShesSoCold There's passive-aggressive, then there's rude. That was just rude. We've had people do that, and we'll typically respond with the email sent {showing the date} but more passive-aggressive like "We sent this email on this date. Please double check your inbox and junk folder."

@mrsconn23 Get fit yo!

@charlotte989875 I feel you. At least you guys are handy, M isn't and he'll admit that. So many houses were busts because there was something to fix. One house would have been a great flip house because it was just so run down {our realtor actually contacted other realtor advising it was also a mess and not show ready - but that's a diff story}

Tuesday was my OB appt, and yesterday I was trying to figure out the corolation between having to measure cervix vs possibly having UTI {which my OB doesn't think I do - she figures it's the ligaments - but back pain = UTI test to be sure}

ANYWAYS I've put myself into a tizzy, because I made the mistake of googling reasons why she'd wanna measure my cervix at nearly 26 weeks.

I think my biggest issue is that if it was a month from now {March 30th, i'll be 30 weeks} I could mentally think "oh there's only single digit weeks left, that makes sense" but it just feels too early.

I'm just ... idk. I'm trying to be zen because stress will not help at all. M has already given me crap about Googling. I'm just gonna follow up after ultrasound to ensure everything's okay.
    H is super handy; we updated the kitchen completely redid the bathroom ourselves in our old house, so we can do a lot on our own. My frustration is more I get what he means by "too much work" when a foreclosure could be a MEGA-ton of work because you don't really know that people took care of the house. I swear nothing tests marriages like real estate. 

Hopefully you can settle your mind a bit; the internet is definitely not going to help. Maybe just ask her why she wants to measure? She might have a perfectly reasonable explanation that has nothing to do with potential problems. Did you ask her when she did it? 
  • Go Mr. Mitten! Sounds like the campaign is going well @kimmiinthemitten! Have things gotten better as you've been able to (hopefully) add staff? 
  • @mrsconn23 I feel like this explains DeffConn in a nutshell from what you've said :') Glad he {and his glasses} are ok lol!
  • mrsconn23 said:
    OMG, y'all...DefConn (and his glasses) are OK, but DH caught this pic last night playing ball with him.  I cannot stop laughing at it. 

Image may contain one or more people shoes tree outdoor and nature

I'm crying trying not to laugh out loud in the office. This needs to be framed.
    This is a "bring out at the wedding" picture. I love it!
  • @6fsn - I don't mean to laugh but that picture is perfect and priceless. :D I hope it makes it into his graduation announcement/party some how some day.

I'm also a big fan of beach body on demand and totally plan to use it postpartum. I did the 21 day fix and saw awesome results - although I didn't follow it to a T. I allowed myself milk in my coffee, never use the containers to measure vegetables, and had one chocolate each night. It helped me commit to the rest of the program.
    *********************************************************************************

@mrsconn23 Get fit yo!

H is super handy; we updated the kitchen completely redid the bathroom ourselves in our old house, so we can do a lot on our own. My frustration is more I get what he means by "too much work" when a foreclosure could be a MEGA-ton of work because you don't really know that people took care of the house. I swear nothing tests marriages like real estate. 

Hopefully you can settle your mind a bit; the internet is definitely not going to help. Maybe just ask her why she wants to measure? She might have a perfectly reasonable explanation that has nothing to do with potential problems. Did you ask her when she did it? 
    Maybe talk to your H and see where he's coming from? Maybe he's thinking some foreclosures aren't that bad? :\

Yehhh internet is bad. I'm calling on Tuesday about glucose results, so I'm gonna ask then to at least get answers. Even if she says "oh I just wanna test and ensure my measurements are right" and it's a lie unless something else comes up, I'll be content lol

I just chalked it up to "Oh it must have something to do with her testing about UTI" and then it was a full day later that it kinda hit me "That doesn't make sense ...."
  • @mrsconn23 that photo is everything...and 2018 summed up perfectly for some of my friends!

@charlotte989875 my sis is looking into foreclosure too, which I thought was crazy, but apparently in Florida you can find nice ones for way under the appraised value. Maybe Buffalo is similar. 

Campaign is going really well thanks for asking!  We had a big "me drunk you listen" come to Jesus in DC and he's been much better at not treating me like a staffer and trusting my advice since. It probably helps that his finance director told him I was very astute in my judgements and advice. Mic drop. It may have been 14 years ago, but when I was a campaign manager I was damn good. 

@misskittydanger call your doctor and ask why. Don't let your google brain create unnecessary anxietyy. Easier said than done, I know. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten Yeh M said I should call, but I'm only holding off cuz I'm calling next Tuesday about my glucose test.
    Btw go Mr. Mitten! #MrMittenForTheWin 
  • @kimmiinthemitten Yeh M said I should call, but I'm only holding off cuz I'm calling next Tuesday about my glucose test.
    Won't they call you with the results of your test anyway? So it wouldn't be like your calling all the time.  If it's bothering you I'd ask; do you have an email or online message system with your doctor? That way you can ask and she can respond when she has a chance. 
  • That photo is awesome!  I feel like it belongs on one of those lists of perfectly timed photos
  • @mrsconn23 that photo is everything...and 2018 summed up perfectly for some of my friends!

@charlotte989875 my sis is looking into foreclosure too, which I thought was crazy, but apparently in Florida you can find nice ones for way under the appraised value. Maybe Buffalo is similar. 

Campaign is going really well thanks for asking!  We had a big "me drunk you listen" come to Jesus in DC and he's been much better at not treating me like a staffer and trusting my advice since. It probably helps that his finance director told him I was very astute in my judgements and advice. Mic drop. It may have been 14 years ago, but when I was a campaign manager I was damn good. 

@misskittydanger call your doctor and ask why. Don't let your google brain create unnecessary anxietyy. Easier said than done, I know. 
    Good! I'm glad he's taking your advice; it's not like you're a random person with an interest in politics, you've clearly got experience here. 

I do think we could find a nice one under the appraised value, I just worry about the unknown with foreclosures more than normal sales. I'm hesitate, and so is our agent (but I also know they have an incentive for us to buy a "regular" house). 
    Won't they call you with the results of your test anyway? So it wouldn't be like your calling all the time.  If it's bothering you I'd ask; do you have an email or online message system with your doctor? That way you can ask and she can respond when she has a chance. 
    They will, but idk their timeline. She did mention it but completely forget :\ Even if I passed, I'm curious on results since I felt awful afterwards.
    From what I'm aware of, there isn't an email or online message system
  • Go Mr. Mitten! @kimmiinthemitten

I get the hesitancy with foreclosures, but it might be worth looking at some. The only reason we stopped was because the flippers were coming in with cash and we couldn’t compete. We actually wanted a foreclosure we could remodel, unfortunately that didn’t happen and all that was left in our budget we’re the houses we originally wanted, just poorly flipped and twice the original price. 

Massage today, then dinner. Probably trying to write a paper and fill out a study guide at some point too. I feel like the cats have decided I’m never going to sleep a full night through now, and now Jack knows how to open doors. Help. 

• mrsconn23 said:
    mrsconn23 said:

Oh that's funny; I've been thinking about trying a yoga video!

I have a subscription to Daily Burn. I do love the Barre workouts but every time I do them, I think to myself "is this something I can keep up with long term?".

I don't want to be in shape for X amount of time, burn out and go right back to where I was before. That balance is hard for me to find.

• @charlotte989875, you know I can't help but give you the run-down on foreclosures :).

While I can't speak to foreclosures in other parts of the country, I've walked through a LOT of them in my area.  They always need work.  ALWAYS.  Often, though not always, a fairly substantial amount.  But they can be great deals and very worth it.  Even hiring people to fix the issues can still leave you coming ahead with instant equity.

My personal home was a foreclosure and one of my rentals was also.  My personal home turned out to be an absolute home run.  I bought it for $55K less than the appraisal value at the time.  I did need to immediately put $6K into it for both sides to be livable.  And knew I would have a good bit of deferred maintenance (which is now almost done), about $30K worth, to handle over the next few years.

Here are another few issues about foreclosures.  Nowadays, most of them are run through auction sites.  I bought my rental foreclosure that way.  I do not recommend auction sites for a typical home buyer.  There are no financial or inspection contingencies, like most Purchase Agreements have.  But they are usually amazing deals.

Even when they aren't an auction site, the seller is always a bank and their local real estate agent is working on "quantity", not "quality".  In a nutshell, don't expect prompt responses or anything to be fixed after the inspection.  Though banks will potentially negotiate on the dollars.  I think foreclosures can sometimes take an extra 1-2 weeks to close, mainly because of the communication lag, but it's not too bad.

Something different from a foreclosure, but still has a bank involved, is a short sale.  A short sale is when the home owner is selling their property...it hasn't been foreclosed on yet...but they are trying to sell it for LESS than what is owed on it.  On the positive, there's a better chance the home is in decent condition because the home owners are usually still living there.  But on the negative, the bank has to approve the deal also because they are going to be losing money.  I've heard terrible stories about short sales of people putting in an offer and MONTHS will go by without an response from the bank end.  Short sales are known for taking a much longer time to close. 

I think one of the best places to find an amazing deal on a foreclosed property is on HUD's site.  These are (I think) auctions also, but not be confused with private auction sites that I warned about earlier.  The single family homes are usually only available to owner occupants.  There have been a few times in the beginning of my real estate investing when I contacted my agent SO EXCITED and wanting to rush, rush, rush and put an offer in on a house with an unbelievable price.  Only to have her tell me, "Sorry Jen, that's a HUD house.  Owner occupants only at this time."  Dammit!!!  But great for owner occupants, lol ;).

https://www.hud.gov/topics/homes_for_sale

This page also has links to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac sites which also have great values on foreclosed homes for sale.  They're only available to owner occupants for a few days after they are listed.  And then investors will come in after that, like vultures, to snatch up the ones left that aren't already under contract.  These houses almost always need substantial work, but Fannie and Freddie have pretty spectacular programs available to roll the construction costs into loans, with much better terms than what is typical.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn said:

Ive done 2 rounds of 21 day fix and lost 13 lbs. I'm at my lowest weight in probably 15 years. I was debating between cize, core de force, and Piyo next. The weather is getting nicer so I'm getting back into running. Piyo might be best since it's more weight bearing than cardio, but cize looks fun!
    Cize is super fun.  I have zero rhythm, but it takes me back to the days when my sister I used to spend *hours* making up dance routines to Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul songs.  :)