Attire & Accessories Forum

After Party Attire

Hi all...just secured the hotel bar for our after party, and MOH suggested I find a cute outfit for it. We'll be going right from our reception to the after party though, aka I'll still be in my wedding dress...do brides typically change into other outfits or is it "ok" to stay in the wedding dress? (I feel like I have 50 different pre-wedding event outfits..AH!)

Re: After Party Attire

• Personally, I'd keep the wedding dress on as well.  Not only will you only wear it once, but it could facilitate a few extra comped drinks from the establishment as well as enthusiastic patrons!
  • I'd wear my dress....hands down! On what other occasion do you get to go to a bar in the fanciest most gorgeous gown you'll likely ever wear? Pick a cute dress for breakfast/brunch instead.
    *********************************************************************************

• I fully planned on wearing my gown for drinks in the hotel bar after our reception but by the time we got there, I was tired from having been in it all day. It was a huge poufy ballgown and heavy so you may not have that issue. We were spending the night in the hotel so I ran up to our room and threw on leggings and a top and was much more comfortable to party the rest of the night. 
  • I stayed in my wedding dress until I went to sleep that night. 
  • Thank you all! Just wanted to get a few opinions to back me up since my MOH was really pushing a separate outfit. Thankfully my dress isn't a big heavy one so I won't have that issue either :)
  • I wore my dress; I loved it and didn't want to take it off. You do you. If you want to change, great; but if you want to stay in your dress, do that. She can change if she wants to. 
  • I would definitely wear my dress!  I wish all the time I could wear it again.  You won't regret wearing it for as long as you can that night  : )
  • I've either seen the bride stay in their dress (that's what I did) or change into what is basically sweats/pajamas (but still with hair/makeup; one bride kept her veil on too). I've seen brides change into a second dress during the reception before, but never for the after party. 
  • Remeber that you only get one day so enjoy wearing your dress all night long.
  • I wore my dress and we passed out our extra donut favors.  People loved us and I don't think we paid for a drink that night.
  • H and I went for a drink in the hotel bar after our party ended. I stayed in my dress and have the best picture from that. I vote stay in dress.