Wedding Woes

Wednesday

2»

Re: Wednesday

• Thanks @levioosa and @short+sassy it may be unpopular to admit to, I wasn't the biggest fan of his as a human.  But my heart does break for his family, and especially BIL, because I get that it's still their Dad.  My sister and her H started dating 18 years ago so I've known him long enough to have seen his good sides at least.
  • 6fsn said:
    @trixieJess and @short+sassy- My brother said it was pretty accurate, but at a much faster pace. 

Makes sense!  They're not going to have a show where personnel are stocking supplies half the time.

Something else I've noticed.  When I watched the show the first time around, I'd actually never been in an ER.  Now I've been in 3 different ones at various times (as a visitor for my H).  He's a bike rider and broke his collar bone in a fall.  Which appeared to make him prone to now occasionally dislocating his shoulder (the other 2 visits).  In the show, visitors/patients seem to just be able to go walking around and are sometimes even in the room while their loved one is having major procedures done.

Maybe some ERs are like, but none of the 3 I've been in were, lol.  Not even close.  The waiting room is separated by walls and locked doors that need a badge for entry.  Visits by loved ones are potentially allowed, but only at specific times and an employee had to accompany me from the waiting room to see my H.

One of the dislocated shoulder times was funny.  I didn't realize there were anesthesias that only last a few minutes.  The orthopedist came in and gave him one of those.  Waited a few seconds until my H was out and then popped his arm back in place.  In the meantime, I had moved from my H's bedside to the wall across from him, so I wouldn't be in the way.  As my H was waking back up, the orthopedist was still in that small area, so I was still about 10 feet away.  When the doctor left, I walked back over.  My H was really confused and asked me if the procedure had already been done.  I told him it had.  He exclaimed something like, "That was so weird!  One second you were next to me and the next second I saw you standing across the room.  I couldn't figure out how you'd gotten over there so fast and how I didn't see it, lol."  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG!

It's a "snow day" although I hardly seen anything fall yet.   It remains to be seen if we'll get the 6-12" predicted.

I have one account that's been problematic and they're making today so difficult.   

Note to people out there:  If your high level personnel spend most of their time in meetings you run your company poorly. 

• banana468 said:
    OMG!

It's a "snow day" although I hardly seen anything fall yet.   It remains to be seen if we'll get the 6-12" predicted.

I have one account that's been problematic and they're making today so difficult.   

Note to people out there:  If your high level personnel spend most of their time in meetings you run your company poorly. 

My H would be over the moon if he could get a snow day and *not* shovel.
  • banana468 said:
    OMG!

My H would be over the moon if he could get a snow day and *not* shovel.
    Thus far we have less than an inch although I'm told to expect that to grow (story of my life!  Ba-dum-tss!)

We do have a large tree limb in the backyard from last week.   Hopefully no new friends join it. 
  • I never really watched ER, but Gray's for sure.  My sister works for the VA and used to work in the hospital and said that show was crap and that she didn't work with one single doctor half as good looking as the actors and that almost no one dated within the hospital.  It was a real disappointment.

I'm not sure why, because I've never been remotely interested in being in the medical field, but I love medical dramas.  Though, oddly enough, I've never seen even one episode of Grey's Anatomy.  One of these days.

Chicago Med, The Good Doctor, The Resident, and all those ER re-runs are currently set on my DVR, lol.   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GBCK said:
    S&S, we have a trains exhibit for small children...so they're operable by small children who sit there and pull the chord for entire days.
    It's awesome for them, and I wish lightning would strike things.  

THey DID replace the clapper in the bell with a rubber mallet so it would be much much quieter and not cause ear damage.  
    But imagine putting a pull cord on a medium size bell and a small train whistle with bellows you can see so 5 year olds can reach it and what they do for the next 3 hours :)

OMG.  No!  Small children with access to loud, annoying sounds has to be one of Dante's Circles of Hell.  I'm glad the end of it is finally near for you.  And also sad for you that the end of it is not today, lol.

@charlotte989875, I heard that ER was recently added to Hulu or Netflix, but I'm not sure which.  I don't have either or Prime.  One of my tv channels has the ER re-runs multiple times a week and I DVR them all.  It's not perfect, but has largely been playing the shows in order.

I just found it's on Hulu; the one streaming service we don't have. [angry face emoji]
  • I never really watched ER, but Gray's for sure.  My sister works for the VA and used to work in the hospital and said that show was crap and that she didn't work with one single doctor half as good looking as the actors and that almost no one dated within the hospital.  It was a real disappointment.

I'm not sure why, because I've never been remotely interested in being in the medical field, but I love medical dramas.  Though, oddly enough, I've never seen even one episode of Grey's Anatomy.  One of these days.

Chicago Med, The Good Doctor, The Resident, and all those ER re-runs are currently set on my DVR, lol.   

I work in a hospital but for some reason I love Grey's. I don't know why. It's maybe 3% accurate medically, and some of the scenes are downright hilarious. I'm still waiting for a doctor to do my enemas and ambulate my patients.  :D There also aren't that many cute doctors. 

• I'm sorry for your loss @kimmiinthemitten, that's never easy. Will you get to spend some time with the nugget?
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2018
    levioosa said:
    I never really watched ER, but Gray's for sure.  My sister works for the VA and used to work in the hospital and said that show was crap and that she didn't work with one single doctor half as good looking as the actors and that almost no one dated within the hospital.  It was a real disappointment.

I work in a hospital but for some reason I love Grey's. I don't know why. It's maybe 3% accurate medically, and some of the scenes are downright hilarious. I'm still waiting for a doctor to do my enemas and ambulate my patients.  :D There also aren't that many cute doctors. 

Really, though.  There aren't many tv shows that accurately display what the general public looks like, lol.

I have to say.  For the exception that proves the rule.  My friend's ex-H is a surgeon and he is FINE.  But is a complete cad with a black soul.  I might be a touch biased, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    I never really watched ER, but Gray's for sure.  My sister works for the VA and used to work in the hospital and said that show was crap and that she didn't work with one single doctor half as good looking as the actors and that almost no one dated within the hospital.  It was a real disappointment.

Really, though.  There aren't many tv shows that accurately display what the general public looks like, lol.

I have to say.  For the exception that proves the rule.  My friend's ex-H is a surgeon and he is FINE.  But is a complete cad with a black soul.  I might be a touch biased, lol.

Most surgeons have black souls and I’d say 50/50 on hotness. Greys is so far from reality, lol- any peds or NICU case makes me want to throw something at the tv. @levioosa omg I get such a kick out of what the “doctors” do- yeah freakin right. And surgeons would never hang out in the ER doing triage and shit. Although, I do wish there was an Alex Karev in my NICU... would make my days a lot more entertaining lol

i should rewatch ER. I could appreciate a slightly more realistic medical drama.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    levioosa said:

I don’t know, American housewife is a pretty accurate display of my life. 
  • 6fsn said:
    I don’t know, American housewife is a pretty accurate display of my life. 
    Werd.  DH and I love that show.  
  • Sorry for your loss Kimmi.
  • @charlotte989875 yes:). They’re staying with us. I think H is more excited than I am but that’s because they’re besties and the rest of us are vapor when he’s in the room with her. 
  • @charlotte989875 yes:). They’re staying with us. I think H is more excited than I am but that’s because they’re besties and the rest of us are vapor when he’s in the room with her. 
    That's got to be frustrating and adorable at the same time. 
    That's got to be frustrating and adorable at the same time. 
    I get quite jealous, but it’s so cute!

H has a nickname based on his last name. Let’s call it Uncle Smitty. When she was eating cake at her last birthday he was on the patio in front of the door wall. The entire time she was chanting Uncle Smitty. And then he’d move out of site, and she’d say bye Uncle Smitty. And then he’d come back and she’d go back to chanting his name again. 

My sis, H and I actually missed all of that, but my mom, by nature of her Deafness, was recording her with the cake and caught the whole thing. It was hilarious. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten It's adorable when an uncle and niece are BFFs :)